TOXIC!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

TOXIC!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This is self explanatory.....
feminism 000001a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: TOXIC!

Post by moonshadow »

hummm...

A law of nature might be hidden in this meme....

Rise up to the level of

Dispose of

Become

Isn't that how it always seem to go? Something is conquered, and then in short order, we become that which we conquered before....

Think about it man... it's true!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:hummm...

A law of nature might be hidden in this meme....

Rise up to the level of

Dispose of

Become

Isn't that how it always seem to go? Something is conquered, and then in short order, we become that which we conquered before....

Think about it man... it's true!
Someone who gets it right on the old noggin!! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Ralph!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

My wife is an office manager at an engineering firm. She came home yesterday and informed me that one of the female engineers is resigning to take a position with another company. The lady told my wife the new company is 50% woman owned. She also said that many companies they now do business with are requiring a certain diversity before they will even consider doing business with them. Hence she has decided to move to the new company that is more diversified in an attempt to gain those clients that want diversity.
I find this somewhat disturbing as a man. I don't want anyone to misunderstand. I love culture and people from other cultures. However, it seems that men are becoming less and less important. We are a melting pot of culture in this country and I think that is an awesome thing. However, it feels like men are being attacked from every angle. I believe diversity and being all inclusive present an interesting dichotomy that is changing the dynamics of the work force and how men are viewed. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Freedomforall on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Freedomforall wrote:My wife is an office manager at an engineering firm. She came home yesterday and informed me that one of the female engineers is resigning to take a position with another company. The lady told my wife the new company is 50% woman owned. She also said that many companies they now do business with are requiring a certain diversity before they will even consider doing business with them.
This is not the way to do business at all. If this is what is going to be the next level of society then it is wrong on so many levels...
Freedomforall wrote: I find this somewhat disturbing as a man. I don't want anyone to misunderstand. I love culture and people from other cultures. However, it seems that men are becoming less and less important. We are a melting pot of culture in this country and I think that is an awesome thing. However, it feels like men are being attacked from every angle. I believe diversity and being all inclusive present an interesting dichotomy that is changing the dynamics of the work force and how men are viewed. What are your thoughts?
Diversity is one thing but this is not diversity it is down right bad thinking. I believe in everyone having a place in society but to displace an entire segment is just as bad as what the Germans did in the WW2. We can not stand for this at all.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Fred in Skirts wrote:........ I believe in everyone having a place in society but to displace an entire segment is just as bad as what the Germans did in the WW2. We can not stand for this at all.
I assume you have not felt the horror during WW2 in Europe. I was born in 1944 and went through the hunger winter. Beside an execution for no reason on the street and a family member that disappeared in a concentration camp, my family survived the war.

I don't think this forum or any other place is the right place to compare the attrocities of Nazi Germany with anything done in the Western world.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

beachlion wrote:I don't think this forum or any other place is the right place to compare the attrocities of Nazi Germany with anything done in the Western world.
You've got a valid point, there, BL, and I'm sorry you directly suffered from those atrocities.

However, we cannot undo history, and a knowledge of history will hopefully prevent a recurrence of it. That said, a lot of the methodologies used in the 1930s are in full swing now in today's world, and the ignorance of most regarding what amounts to recent history is allowing it to happen. If humanity cannot arrest the current slide, the I think the outcome will be very dire indeed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I fully agree that we have to be on the alert that manipulators like Goebbels are not poisening the minds of the people. I was much too young to be affected by the war itself but I got my portion during the aftermath, when the country had to be built up from the rubble. That was enough to be very sensitive to things related to WW2 but also to things that led to WW2.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

When I have to hire a professional for a project I look for reputation and then value. I couldn't care less what race or gender the person is I'm doing business with. If there is a 90lb Asian girl who has an excellent reputation for rebuilding engines for a reasonable price, I'd gladly hire her to work on my car.

"Corporate diversity" is like a milder form of affirmative action. It's just corporate politics... it doesn't mean a thing in the rank and file world.

I wouldn't get worked up over it FFA, it's just powerful people moving pieces around the big corporate chess board.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I know I had to sit through all these diversity videos at work...

....customers don't care. They just want their equipment fixed fast and cheap.
-Andrea
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote:When I have to hire a professional for a project I look for reputation and then value. I couldn't care less what race or gender the person is I'm doing business with. If there is a 90lb Asian girl who has an excellent reputation for rebuilding engines for a reasonable price, I'd gladly hire her to work on my car.

"Corporate diversity" is like a milder form of affirmative action. It's just corporate politics... it doesn't mean a thing in the rank and file world.

I wouldn't get worked up over it FFA, it's just powerful people moving pieces around the big corporate chess board.

I know what you are saying Moon and definitely agree. It just seems that certain groups do a lot of double talking. Take for instance all the women up in arms because Always pads is removing the female symbol from their packaging. https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... -freak-out
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote: I know what you are saying Moon and definitely agree. It just seems that certain groups do a lot of double talking. Take for instance all the women up in arms because Always pads is removing the female symbol from their packaging. https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... -freak-out
That reminds me of when Christians got all worked up over that Starbucks Christmas cup.

First world problems....

Good god... fighting over maxi pads....

Woke?? Think I'll go back to sleep! Wake me up when people grow the hell up...
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

As for me, when I'm sent into the store to buy these things for the girls [0], I usually come out with the store brand anyway... Why? Nothing against Always or Kotex... I'm just cheap! I couldn't care less what symbol they put on the package as long as it doesn't take all my money.

[0] Yes... I'm one of the few men that doesn't have an issue buying these things for the girls in my life. I'll even do it in a skirt. I see men who always get worked up over it and can't help but think... "grow up!" :roll:
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yes, Moon, but then you don't have to wear them , do you? Comfort, protection and non-leakage are the requisites here I would have thought. A good guide is to look at the brand they normally buy themselves as they must buy that brand for a reason. Then again, have you actually talked to Jen and Amber and asked them what they want.
But still if the women in your life don't complain ....

Like you I have no problem buying sanitary products but I would buy the brand I'm told to buy.

As for diversity, in the interviews I attended I was always told that the company was interested in fit for the role profile was the most important factor.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.