Attn Millennials... get out and vote!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Attn Millennials... get out and vote!

Post by moonshadow »

Enjoy this NON-PARTISAN video I made on YouTube (because that's how these kids communicate apparently)

Also take this opportunity to meet Moon Shadow and hear my silly hillbilly voice! :lol:

https://youtu.be/OK-VgAiwy7s

Yes... I'm in a skirt too... though it's a little hard to tell because it was so dark out....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Attn Millennials... get out and vote!

Post by oldsalt1 »

Moon all I can say is :thumright: :thumleft:
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Nice work moon!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nice one. Moon. Nice to see AND hear you. I always vote and this election may be a strange one because there are so many things going on. I have tended towards voting Brexit in the past but in my case I will vote Conservative. Reasons? Not Labour, because Jeremy Corbyn is such a toxic person - allowing anti-semeticism to fester in the party and his overly left-wing policies I just can't deal with. Even a friend of ours who always votes Labour won't this time because of him. Lib Dems - no as I just find Jo Swinson forceful and her attitude of cancelling Brexit because "I know better than a substantial portion of the country that voted out" appears egotistical. The Brexit party - I just don't think that they'll get enough votes in enough constituencies plus Farage is in favour of a no deal exit which I'm not. We need some framework in which the terms of our leaving be agreed. The minutiae of trading can be fine tuned over time. In my locale our candidate is Conservative and is a leaver even though York voted to remain. That give me enough to support him. I admire Boris for the way that he is handling things in a really impossible situation. What ever he does will generate criticism from one side or the other.

As for the Scottish side of the family. Well, I will be sad to see them leave the family but if they are determined to go then it's their country and I would hate to force them to stay just because of history and tradition. I just hope that if they do get another referendum that it doesn't generate a 52:48 split as they will then know what they are in for. A split north and south of the border would be terrible. Also be careful what you wish for as you may get it. I hope they are prepared to embrace the Euro!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

As a Green Card holder I'm not allowed to vote in the USA. I'm only good enough to pay taxes and spend my Euro pensions to fatten the US economy.
But I still vote for the Dutch and European elections by (e)mail. I see it as a civic duty to create a proper environment for people, including myself, to live in. I have always urged people to vote, whatever their leanings were. If you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain about your government, local or national.

So, get your fingers off the video game buttons and start pushing buttons on the voting machines. You must be very good at that after all those years of playing. Or just tick it off when you get it on paper.

Good show, Moon. ;) :thumright: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumleft:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

You're up to 23 views at this point. I wonder how many of them are from Skirt Cafe, and how many are your target audience. (I'm one of the two "likes." Finding ways to get people to look at it is the hard part, I think.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Good one Moon. You got it Right.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:thumright: Right on Moon! Everyone needs to get out and vote. :thumleft:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I love the final line: "Go on and turn it off now. Rant over."

Bravissimo! You hit all the salient points in that and showed examples. It was clearly unrehearsed, and that added to the potency of it. That's going to hit harder than anything I could do because I'd be viewed as "too polished". Best of all, it was entirely neutral -- and that's something that is entirely rare these days.

Good on ya as well for wearing a skirt to the polling place. I make a habit out of that.

Top marks all the way 'round!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Completely true!

One of my takes on failing to vote is that if you don't vote, you completely forfeit your right to complain about the government that you end up with.

At least that's not much of an issue in Australia where it's compulsory to cast your vote, in local, state and federal elections.
You just have to worry about the morons who are blindly influenced by everything they hear, or read on social media, rather than looking at the bigger picture.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Thanks all for the comments.

I plan to upload more videos as time permits. I'll be sure to share them when I do.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote:Nice one. Moon. Nice to see AND hear you. I always vote and this election may be a strange one because there are so many things going on. I have tended towards voting Brexit in the past but in my case I will vote Conservative. Reasons? Not Labour, because Jeremy Corbyn is such a toxic person - allowing anti-semeticism to fester in the party and his overly left-wing policies I just can't deal with. Even a friend of ours who always votes Labour won't this time because of him. Lib Dems - no as I just find Jo Swinson forceful and her attitude of cancelling Brexit because "I know better than a substantial portion of the country that voted out" appears egotistical. The Brexit party - I just don't think that they'll get enough votes in enough constituencies plus Farage is in favour of a no deal exit which I'm not. We need some framework in which the terms of our leaving be agreed. The minutiae of trading can be fine tuned over time. In my locale our candidate is Conservative and is a leaver even though York voted to remain. That give me enough to support him. I admire Boris for the way that he is handling things in a really impossible situation. What ever he does will generate criticism from one side or the other.

As for the Scottish side of the family. Well, I will be sad to see them leave the family but if they are determined to go then it's their country and I would hate to force them to stay just because of history and tradition. I just hope that if they do get another referendum that it doesn't generate a 52:48 split as they will then know what they are in for. A split north and south of the border would be terrible. Also be careful what you wish for as you may get it. I hope they are prepared to embrace the Euro!
indeed, a life presentation does wonders.
Having watched where and when possible the discussions in the HoC with mr John "Order, order" Bercow as speaker, I couldn't part from the feeling that the ego's were again in the way to come to a sensible solution. They should have looked at the total (need) of the country, not only their constituency. I doubt whether Corbyn and Jo realise that renegotiating means loss of more ground that at present. I do have the feeling that labour wants a Brexit now also, but Corby wants to be the one who has done it. Same as BJ. Farage isn't an interesting person, sitting in Brussels (well paid!) and not taking responsibility. The lining of his pockets are his motivation.
But there is already a good thing to the Brexit: many hilarious jokes passing by in the social media.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Now that the elections are done, I posted some follow up thoughts.

I wouldn't say it's "political", just my thoughts on the changes taking place in Virginia. I don't think it should offend or stir any flames up here at the cafe...

https://youtu.be/Zt74l-N8t50
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Good points brought up, and brought up within the context of your local area.

As one of the "great" politicians up in these here parts once said, "All politics is local." And indeed it is.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:Good points brought up, and brought up within the context of your local area.

As one of the "great" politicians up in these here parts once said, "All politics is local." And indeed it is.
So it would seem. I've been following this as best I can, and so far I haven't seen much cause for concern.

Time will tell. One thing is for sure, we still have a solid "red streak" in the state, and if the Democrats flop on this.... we'll have a Republican governor next term. Note the actual numbers, Republicans actually carried more votes as a whole.

This is their chance, they better deliver....
-Andrea