Carhartt is now making kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Carhartt is now making kilts

Post by Gusto10 »

new2skirts wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
Gusto10 wrote:Having looked up the Address, it's in Pakistan.
No you do it incorrect

"Look up address. Manufacturer is Pakistan. Quality excell in price. Guarantee satisfactions"
Blessings for purchaseing our product. We hope you have years of happiness from this kilt :wink:
Solly, no lice from Delhi in my belly
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

The title on the page now spells it "Carheart"...
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Me want spicey Pakisani Tartan with look up eyes roll pleats for Scottish Culture . Free woman in every Kilt .
Must be good value if no charge for Kilt in U.K. ....Please read the description again.....Have I missed something ?

Is Pakistani Kilt not clear ? ...L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Several years ago Lidl , the German Store , were selling Burns Night Promotion 8 yard Scottish Kilts made in Pakistan.
First year price was £50 . In the second year price was £25 . Kilts were made with cheap synthetic material .
As far as I can remember , the garment had a label ....Gold Kilts ...Glasgow.

The story goes that the Pakistani Manufacturer wanted to call the Pakistani Region of his business Scotland ,
so he could suggest that he was making Scottish Kilts .....

Unfortunately the Imperial Sizing of the waist buckles of his Kilts were incorrect by 2 Inches ......Caveat Emptor...Buyer beware..........
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I now have information that would lead me to believe that the mods were incorrect in assuming that The Traditional Scottish Kilt is a skirt .

As far as I can remember I was also " modded" as it was suggested that I thought I was "superior " when wearing my
Traditional Scottish Kilt .

Yes . I have been " modded " twice by the Americans regarding my personal experiences of Traditional Scottish Kilt wearing culture in the U.K.

...Roderick...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

weeladdie18 wrote:I now have information that would lead me to believe that the mods were incorrect in assuming that The Traditional Scottish Kilt is a skirt .
We've beaten that dead horse quite enough. Let's let the poor thing rest in peace.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

weeladdie the Traditional Scottish kilt IS A SKIRT and there is NOTHING to refute that. The mods and others were not incorrect. Just as leggings are trousers in another form. As Carl says just accept it and let it go. Finish. End of story. Full stop. Period.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Rich_L

Post by Rich_L »

Let's look at the description and the link both say Carheartt and not Carhartt. Just confirmation that their is no relation.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Rich_L wrote:Let's look at the description and the link both say Carheartt and not Carhartt. Just confirmation that their is no relation.
It was not like this in the beginning.
They were spelling it Carhartt and later changed it to Carheartt. Possibly Carhartt got on them for using their name on an inferior product. So they had to change it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:They were spelling it Carhartt and later changed it to Carheartt. Possibly Carhartt got on them for using their name on an inferior product. So they had to change it.
Could be the Mandela effect...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

In the first post it was spelled "Carhartt" in the link and it is highly possible that it was just copied from somewhere of the Internet. People may be prone to the Mandela Effect but machines not very likely. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

beachlion wrote:In the first post it was spelled "Carhartt" in the link and it is highly possible that it was just copied from somewhere of the Internet.
Or, we can take the path of analysis of the matter, and realise that "Carhartt" is a well-known and respected marque and thus worthy of emulation -- or, in this case, pilferage of the marque for personal profit (which is illegal as a violation of trademark law). It looks like trademark law is at least somewhat reciprocal, else Pakistan would not have enforced the requirement of the thief to stop the behaviour. (Unless Carhartt's lawyers' Cease and Desist letter did the trick.) There's very little uncertainty here -- that was deliberate.

Of note, the "new" one is stylistically close. It's like car-stereo knockoffs were in the 1980. An "Alpine" system could set one back a grand or more; an "Allpine" one could be had for five hundred bucks.

I'd never heard of the Mandela Effect before but knew for a fact that Mandela did not die in prison in the '80s. I pay attention.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

sell, the carhartt skirt with tool loops etc.:https://www.carhartt-wip.com/en/women-d ... 20Produkte
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

Not only is this product not really made by Carhartt -- it's a design by another company called Blaklader. Here's the original:

Blaklader Glasgow Kilt

Kilt & More seems to be selling a cheap copy using photos lifted from the original brand.