Carhartt is now making kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Carhartt is now making kilts

Post by Freedomforall »

I found this to be rather encouraging. Carhartt has been in business since the late 1800's. They make durable work clothing for men and women. They have a line of kilts now. Here is the link.

https://kiltandmore.com/carhartt-work-k ... ypEALw_wcB
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Carhartt is now making kilts

Post by Sinned »

Not bad. Great range of colours and I see that the length starts at a respectable ( for me at any rate ) 17 inches. Price is competitive and would certainly be a consideration even for a tightwad like me. Interesting. I might try and run this one past MOH to see if the male cargo skirt is in her permitted list. Of course the disadvantage for me is that they are US based.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pleats

Post by Pleats »

I doubt this is actually made by Carhartt. If you go to their web site http://www.Carhartt.com you won't find any kilts. The website selling this kit is kiltandmore.com not Carhartt. You will also find another kilt, different design, being sold by scottishkilt.store. I suspect both companies are using the Carhartt name because of the material used is the same that Carhartt uses. In addition, the kiltandmore version is made to order custom sizes rather than a few off the rack standard sizes. While Carhartt could be contracted to make these I rather doubt it.

Looking at the "about us" on the kiltandmore website it reads:

"Our Products

We create designed by in-house that's made to Custom Made Men and Women Kilts with the fashion they need for all elements of their life and Scottish Culture. We make it easy for everyone by making our product affordable with best quality. We drop up to new styles every week, working constantly to bring our best Kilts, put together in wearable ready-to-go outfits. We love all things ‘new’. New Kilt, new outfits,new ideas."

That leads me to think this is designed and made by kiltandmore company and not Carhartt.

Not saying it is not a good quality kilt. Probably a good kilt even if not made by the actual Carhartt company.

Mike
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Question!! How can they use the Carhartt name and not be subject to legal problems.

Carhartt is a registered trade mark. So either they have made arrangements with the Carhartt company or they are owned by it!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

N trademark logo on the kilt at all. I have a feeling from my experience, they are in an intellectual property violation by using the Carhartt name in their title.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Question!! How can they use the Carhartt name and not be subject to legal problems.

Carhartt is a registered trade mark. So either they have made arrangements with the Carhartt company or they are owned by it!!
Yes that may be a legal issue. But there are more. having looked at the items, I noted that a number are similar to items sold by Pakistani kilt makers. So presenting them as their own design is wrong.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

From the site wrote:Carhartt Work Kilt has features like lowest price, great sizing, Big pockets, High-quality material. The Kilt gives you the sexy and the stunning look that you just want. The big pockets of Cargo kilt allow you to store more material. This Kilt is best to wear on occasion but you can also wear it casually. There is no substitute for a price, as you know so our quality is also up to the market. You can get our best quality product at a budgeted price. Moreover, in order to ensure the delivery on time, we have used the fastest and reliable shipment service. So, what are you waiting for? Buy our premium utility kilts at an economical price.
Alright grammar cops.... have at it!

This site cheap Chinese knockoff all over They right worse than any one seen before

Eyeroll :roll:

I attempt to right like this for demonstration of things to make complaint about.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Oh my lord Moon, I now know who wrote the instructions for my new trail camera.
Admit it you are working for the Chinese instruction industry!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

moonshadow wrote:
From the site wrote:Carhartt Work Kilt has features like lowest price, great sizing, Big pockets, High-quality material. The Kilt gives you the sexy and the stunning look that you just want. The big pockets of Cargo kilt allow you to store more material. This Kilt is best to wear on occasion but you can also wear it casually. There is no substitute for a price, as you know so our quality is also up to the market. You can get our best quality product at a budgeted price. Moreover, in order to ensure the delivery on time, we have used the fastest and reliable shipment service. So, what are you waiting for? Buy our premium utility kilts at an economical price.
Alright grammar cops.... have at it!

This site cheap Chinese knockoff all over They right worse than any one seen before

I attempt to right like this for demonstration of things to make complaint about.
xxxxx

Something lost in the translation - - -

With two of these you get EGGROLL !!
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Having looked up the Address, it's in Pakistan.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I amaze by fact that carhartt spell correct. Imagine spell in manner of carheart. No?

2 eyeroll

:roll: :roll:

Add qty 1 alien :alien:

Ordur complete

I stand corrected. It turnout spellingnon site is mix. In certain places spelling is "carheart".
Last edited by moonshadow on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Gusto10 wrote:Having looked up the Address, it's in Pakistan.
No you do it incorrect

"Look up address. Manufacturer is Pakistan. Quality excell in price. Guarantee satisfactions"
-Andrea
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

moonshadow wrote:
No you do it incorrect

"Look up address. Manufacturer is Pakistan. Quality excell in price. Guarantee satisfactions"
Blessings for purchaseing our product. We hope you have years of happiness from this kilt :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

new2skirts wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
No you do it incorrect

Blessings for purchaseing our product. We hope you have years of happiness from this kilt :wink:
:lol: Good one!
-Andrea
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Freedomforall wrote:I found this to be rather encouraging. Carhartt has been in business since the late 1800's. They make durable work clothing for men and women. They have a line of kilts now. Here is the link.

https://kiltandmore.com/carhartt-work-k ... ypEALw_wcB
Wow! They’re about to get some more of my business. Just when I thought their leggings were the bomb!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...