Supportive bar staff

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Supportive bar staff

Post by SkirtsDad »

My local pub, where I am also a member of the pool team, prides itself on being inclusive and is frequented a broad spectrum of alternative minded and often alternatively dresses people. There have been a few occasions where customers have made disparaging comments either about or too some of the regulars, including myself. Fortunately the bar and security staff usually make quick work of sorting the situation out, and typically the offending people will be asked to leave.

Tonight was a pool match against a team from a pub that doesn't have the best of reputations. From the outset the other team were being a bit laddie and rubbed a few of the people in out team up the wrong way. The matches were close and eventually we won 5-4. A few of their team had been having a 'laugh' about how I was dresses, however it went too far. Having had a few beers they became quite insistent that I should pose for their team... not just standing with them, but being elevated by them. I must have turned it down a dozen times. One of the people then tried to pick me up so I got him in a headlock and put his near the ground. Following that the mouthiest one lifted up my dress, at which point I got him in a strangle hold from behind his chair and told him not to do that. Shortly after the bouncers turned up and after an exchange of words eventually they left. The team captain apologised but two of the team were unrepentant, one saying "if you wear a skirt that's what you can expect". The funniest part was that he complained, saying to the bounce about me that "he's not even gay". The pub has written up the incident and will be speaking to the pool league about getting the team banned, as well as speaking to the police.

Anyway, after a more exciting evening than usual, here's a pic of tonight's outfit:
P1140321sc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Supportive bar staff

Post by beachlion »

Flamboyant and daring as usual. It is good to know you are operating in a protective environment.

From my POV, there is not much left to lift. In outfits like that you are lightyears ahead of me. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Gee SD the red shirt is nice but I thought you said you wore a dress :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that "alternative minded"

I never heard the term "A Bit Laddie" I guess 2 countries separated by a common language

As always you look great . The best Dan
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Top outfit. I wouldn’t play pool in that though!

Well handled.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

"A bit laddie" comes from the description "being one of the lads" I guess. In other words acting a bit loud, juvenile and objectionable particularly under the influence of alcohol. Yes, the separated by a common language can apply to disparate parts of the same country as well.

You seem to be accepted in your locale with their support and I think that the outcome was the right one. Yes, what they did was unacceptable and would constitute sexual harassment in any one's language. If they had done that to a female wearing the same attire then they would have been hauled off to the nick and charged.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Over all SD it sounds like you had a fun and exciting evening. :lol:

I think the dress you are wearing is a bit on the short side for me but you as usual pull it off very well. I am glad everything ended up OK.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sinned wrote:"A bit laddie" comes from the description "being one of the lads" I guess. In other words acting a bit loud, juvenile and objectionable particularly under the influence of alcohol. Yes, the separated by a common language can apply to disparate parts of the same country as well.

You seem to be accepted in your locale with their support and I think that the outcome was the right one. Yes, what they did was unacceptable and would constitute sexual harassment in any one's language. If they had done that to a female wearing the same attire then they would have been hauled off to the nick and charged.
Spot on with your description of a bit laddie there Sinned. The pub gave me the option to push charges but on balance I don't see that there is any benefit to be gained from doing so, although I have requested that the police speak to him. It looks like the team will be kicked out the league so hopefully he will take some time to reflect.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Well done, SkirtsDad!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hey sinned along the same lines what's a "Nick" does one in time save nine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

oldsalt1 wrote:Hey sinned along the same lines what's a "Nick" does one in time save nine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 'nick' is UK slang for a police station. To be 'nicked' means to be arrested and taken to the police station for questioning and possibly held in police custody pending charging with an offence or being released.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

He does not watch enough of the British TV shows that air here in the states. Of course the Canadians have good shows too.
They teach you the language of the of the "English Language". :lol:

I know more about how the British spoke in 18th and 19th century than my own country for those periods. Just from watching the British and Canadian TV.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

My favorite shows were Benny Hill Monty Python and faulty towers I wish they were still on
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

oldsalt1 wrote:My favorite shows were Benny Hill Monty Python and faulty towers I wish they were still on
Not sure about Benny Hill, but all the episodes of Monty Python and Fawlty Towers are published by the BBC on DVDs.
Meanwhile, you might like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw-bLS_th_U
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Sinned wrote: Yes, what they did was unacceptable and would constitute sexual harassment in any one's language. If they had done that to a female wearing the same attire then they would have been hauled off to the nick and charged.
Here in the States, at least, once it crosses over into a physical altercation, it becomes sexual assault, which is even worse.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

That dress would be hard to play pool in... it's pretty short to lean over the table! But I like it!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?