Thom Brouwn ss 2020

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Thom Brouwn ss 2020

Post by Gusto10 »

melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thom Brouwn ss 2020

Post by melsav »

Enjoyed the music, the dancers and one guy on a pedestal in a pink pleated skirt, everything else very questionable. :lol:
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

I don't see codpieces making a comeback. Especially as a skirt embellishment.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Mostly ridiculous puffery. Umbrellas without material, mismatched socks, a framework for a skirt. And what were the footwear on the static models all about? A wasted 3 or 4 minutes of my life.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote:Mostly ridiculous puffery. Umbrellas without material, mismatched socks, a framework for a skirt. And what were the footwear on the static models all about? A wasted 3 or 4 minutes of my life.
Maybe better check out via Vogue.co.uk Lanvin. Various dresses for men are shown, but whether it will rock your boat...
same Loewe and comme des Garcons...
Last edited by Gusto10 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote:Mostly ridiculous puffery. Umbrellas without material, mismatched socks, a framework for a skirt. And what were the footwear on the static models all about? A wasted 3 or 4 minutes of my life.
I took the framework models to be an explanation of how some of the other outfits kept their odd shapes.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I liked the guy ballerina. He's pretty talented.

As for the rest....

Well.... on this day Moon Shadow no longer felt like the weirdest guy in the world. The U.S.? Maybe... but not the world...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

There were a couple of long skirts that looked okay, the yellow skirt suit was ruined by the codpiece detail. The rest of it was garbage. But good to see skirts overall, even if ridiculous :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

You were smarter than I; took me 7 minutes to realise that it was not going to get any better.

I thought people were clapping but they were fanning themselves like my granny used to do when she was flusted.

I suppose there is some rationale with it all; needing to claim space in a crowded world, reminding all that some of us still have cods to protect and once upon a time it used to rain.

I generally do enjoy the different, incongruous and unpredictable but nothing there struck me as cleverly so.
The tutu in the opening scene was cute, I could bring myself to wear something like that in summer; good shading of the legs with plenty of ventilation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

My reaction exactly, D.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...