weather related female fashions in U K.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

weather related female fashions in U K.

Post by weeladdie18 »

It is worth noting that as daytime temperature has fallen to 25 c in S W UK the lassies have forsaken their skirts ,dresses and shorts....
They have returned to their trousers and leggings.....for the cooler weather
We are now getting moderate or fresh N W wind as an after effect of the Florida Hurricane......The weather forecasters
are having difficulties in tracking the predicted course of the next hurricane which is currently off shore in the Atlantic.

Recently the days have been alternatively sunny and showery.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: weather related female fashions in U K.

Post by weeladdie18 »

If I may record male summer fashions during the unusually warm summer weather....
there was no increase in the annual one per year sighting of ... a Man in a skirt ... in the summer season.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I always see women in skirts and dress's in the winter here. I even see them in heels in the snow.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Chirp wrote:I always see women in skirts and dress's in the winter here. I even see them in heels in the snow.
Lassies in skirts and dresses were more common in the winter in the U.K. forty years ago.
It was cold for a month last winter, so I wore leggings under my skirts.
The last couple of years we had snow in March. This winter is predicted to be cold again.

A recent weather report from a hundred years ago ,stated that the weather for mid September rose to 32 c. That is warmer than it was this summer.
The lassies were out wearing their summer dresses again.
Anetta

Post by Anetta »

weeladdie18 wrote:It is worth noting that as daytime temperature has fallen to 25 c in S W UK the lassies have forsaken their skirts ,dresses and shorts....
They have returned to their trousers and leggings.....for the cooler weather
We are now getting moderate or fresh N W wind as an after effect of the Florida Hurricane......The weather forecasters
are having difficulties in tracking the predicted course of the next hurricane which is currently off shore in the Atlantic.

Recently the days have been alternatively sunny and showery.
I think you need to buy a knitted skirt or with insulation)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I won’t be forsaking my skirts for a while, since it was 95F today and forecast to be 100F tomorrow. Call me old fashioned, but I sorta miss having an autumn. I bought some discounted pairs of Carhartt leggings specifically for cooler weather but now I’m wondering if it will ever again get cool enough to use them. We are breaking heat records left and right.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...