Black hole discovery

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Black hole discovery

Post by moonshadow »

I have discovered two super massive black holes in our vicinity...

They each have names respectively...

Politics and

Religion

It seems that everything eventually gets sucked into one or the other, and nothing.... not even light (illumination) can escape its pull!

:bom:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Black hole discovery

Post by JohnH »

But here on the Skirtcafe.org we are able to debate in a calm, reasoned fashion unlike politicians and the "news" media.

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JohnH wrote:But here on the Skirtcafe.org we are able to debate in a calm, reasoned fashion unlike politicians and the "news" media.

John
Sometimes....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:
JohnH wrote:But here on the Skirtcafe.org we are able to debate in a calm, reasoned fashion unlike politicians and the "news" media.

John
Sometimes....
If I was a praying kind of man, I pray for the Carl Sagan sort of black hole, and not the ones Moon mentioned; I think there may be something on the other side of a REAL black hole, but KNOW nothing survives the others. Yet they, too, are inescapable.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It is possible to engage in such discourse, but the unfortunate reality is such that the topics hit so close to home (usually economically, but sometimes almost religiously) that such matters go off the rails in short order, and when that happens, general civility -- and even sanity -- suffers horribly. Hence, they are technically banned by rule, and I admit sometimes violating that rule myself if something really manages to offend my sensibilities. At least I tend to compose very carefully when I am doing so.

Let's be honest with each other. How often have we tried this experiment unsuccessfully? How many times has it actually stayed on the rails? It's not an encouraging ratio.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Something about dem 'rails' - politicians that weren't agreeable were sometimes run out of town on 'rails' and tarred and feathered to boot !
Religion has it's exorcisms - always something with an 'X' (Christ on a cross ?) - darn we just won't let this man preach his peace !

Maybe when the world ends we will have been swallowed w-hole in a one of those Black holes - there maybe a heaven on the other side ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote:I have discovered two super massive black holes in our vicinity...

They each have names respectively...

Politics and

Religion

It seems that everything eventually gets sucked into one or the other, and nothing.... not even light (illumination) can escape its pull!

:bom:
Bravo Sir!! This is what I am talking about. Alien life could be among as as well and we just have not discovered it!