Flying Round the World

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Flying Round the World

Post by weeladdie18 »

A British Pilot has just succeeded in flying round the world solo in a James Bond style gyrocopter . I understand he visited 147 countries.
His philosophy is ...." Do your own thing and be free ." ...... Rather like our personal skirting adventures

My Kilted Cornish Cliff Walking Adventure yesterday evening is perhaps one of the success stories of my life .... A success story based on a vision.

When we have been Kilting or Skirting we can say we have done our own thing.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Flying Round the World

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Good for you Wee Laddie!

I couldn't agree more with your last statement.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Good for you Wee Laddie!

I couldn't agree more with your last statement.
Dave thank you for your comment. The pilot had a full page write up in the The Times newspaper today. I understand he landed in all but one of
the U.S. States.....

The whole experience of getting a " Buzz " or " Getting on a High " from Skirt wearing is interesting
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

An interesting viewpoint weeladdie, it does resonate with me. Since I started wearing them at work, my outlook and behavior has gone through a pretty big change.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

It is interesting that the Man in a Skirt might adopt a different attitude to female skirt wearing than a male who has always worn a male skirt like garment since
his childhood.

If I go back to English boys born a hundred years ago , many of them would have worn dresses like their sisters until they were 5 years old.
I am a post War child and for some reason my mother did not attire her son in a simple dress ...young boys always wore shorts .

Perhaps that is why the " Buzz " thing is different for those who deliberately choose to wear skirts in mid life.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Nowadays male skirt wearing is a " Right " which exists , so I habitually go out of the house wearing a skirt.
I moved my location 6 years ago and one of my new friends just explains to enquirers ..... " They are all like that where he comes from. "

However if one gets a group of habitual male skirt wearers together they may well all come up with a different story.

The question now being asked is ....." Are my motives for wearing a skirt acceptable , or am I a bit of a crank ? " ...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Who's asking that?

The reasons you gave at the top of this thread seem entirely valid to me. And if wearing a skirt gives you a buzz of joy, so much the better. Doing what gives YOU joy -- so long as it doesn't involve hurting others -- is always the right thing to do. For everyone.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Who's asking that?

The reasons you gave at the top of this thread seem entirely valid to me. And if wearing a skirt gives you a buzz of joy, so much the better. Doing what gives YOU joy -- so long as it doesn't involve hurting others -- is always the right thing to do. For everyone.
Dave ...Thank you for your comments . This was a hypothetical question.
When the man in the street asks ..." Why are you wearing a skirt ? " ...The simple answer is ... " Because I enjoy wearing skirts " .......End of story.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

It was a fresh sunny Autumn Day here in Cornwall today ....I have been wearing The Traditional Scottish Kilt with my Scottish Friends for over 35 years.
My heavy weight Traditional Scottish Kilt is ideal for wearing in this Autumn breezy weather so I went for a Kilted Cliff Walk
from one of the surfing beaches in an old Cornish fishing village to Lands End and back . A couple of hours out in the sun .
I stopped at the café at Lands End and bought a couple of sticks of peppermint rock . Ate one stick on the way back to the village.
A dozen holiday makers were out in their hiking clothes . Only one lassie out in a Hiking Skirt with Tights , and another in a Dress and Tights .
The rest of the hikers were a mix of trousers or shorts.
An invigorating afternoon to be out in The Kilt . Some pleasant smiles from the lassies but no comments .
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Did he drop poisonous snakes on the people below? Sorry, he’d have to be Aussie for that, LOL.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...