New member from Belgium

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
rivanho

New member from Belgium

Post by rivanho »

Hi all, i"m Rik and i live in Belgium.
Wearing skirts in public occasionally only recently, about 4 months now. Living in a rather conservative neighbourhood, so limiting myself to denim skirts.
At home i wear skirts allmost all the time since 6 months now with the OK from my wife, after wearing them for years secretally when she was away.
I'm 66 now and have the feeling i lost way too many years hiding my desire to wear skirts. But it's neven too late and i'm enjoying every occasion.
Only wish i would have told her sooner although i have a feeling she suspected something. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rivanho on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: New member from Belgium

Post by beachlion »

Welkom van een Nederlander in den vreemde. We kennen elkaar al van RokvoorMannen.

Welcome from a Dutchie. We know each other more or less from the Dutch forum. It is much more livelier here, no chance to fall asleep. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Welcome! :D
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Good evening and welcome. It is good to live your life on your terms!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Welcome!

Thank you for joining us.

I second Freedom for All's comment.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Welcome aboard. Its great that you have your wife's support.. The skirt looks nice
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome from another 66-year-old with an accepting wife. We live in rural Illinois, USA.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

That's a very narrow denim, Rivanho. You wouldn't run very far in that one. Glad for you that your other half is on board. Would that I could say the same.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
rivanho

Post by rivanho »

Kirbstone wrote:That's a very narrow denim, Rivanho. You wouldn't run very far in that one. Glad for you that your other half is on board. Would that I could say the same.

Tom
Hi Tom, this one is the narrowest in my collection of 25 skirts but it's veeeery stretchy so i can take normal steps, it's amazing ! Only for sitting down it's a bit "different". Sitting legs open is over :lol:
But i really like the feeling of the stretch denim fabric against my hips. I liked the cut and it looked as new. So for 5 euro in the charity shop... could not resist :P
rivanho

Post by rivanho »

Kirbstone wrote:That's a very narrow denim, Rivanho. You wouldn't run very far in that one. Glad for you that your other half is on board. Would that I could say the same.

Tom
Well Tom in fact i can walk normal with it. It does not affect the mobility (the stride i think you call this?)
DSC_0185-stride.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Welcome. A friend of ours was a native of Ghent, but has been living in the US in Seattle for many years now. I was last in Bruges 3 summers ago. Fantastic town, but we never got to Ghent which by all accounts is lovely.

Chris
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

rivanho wrote:

Tom
Well Tom in fact i can walk normal with it. It does not affect the mobility (the stride i think you call this?)
DSC_0185-stride.jpg
Having a slit at the back of the skirt
gs2.jpg
alllows for a tighter skirt, yet enough movement and comfort. Welcome from London, UK :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Welcome Rivanho.

I'm also known on Rokvoormannen als Redhawkje

Bl is right, there is more action on this forum
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)