Morning Forecast

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Morning Forecast

Post by Uncle Al »

Morning Forcast JPG 2019-09-14.jpg
This IS NOT describing our Master Barista on a cold, damp & dreary morning ;)
:hide:
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Morning Forecast

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote:This IS NOT describing our Master Barista on a cold, damp & dreary morning ;)
It's close, but usually the sarcastic comments start mid-morning, and as the day progresses there's an increasing need for Guinness.

If the day involves chimpanzees, the need for Guinness ramps up sooner. If the day involves chimpanzees going through the rituals of a cargo cult, the sarcastic comments begin immediately and continue unabated until the inevitable need for Guinness is satisfied and manages to calm my frayed nerves and offended sensibilities.

Today was one of the latter, and I'm working on the Guinness problem which will calm my extremely offended sensibilities, but at the moment with Bass because my local is closed. What I can say is that Boston no longer has what even qualifies as a third-world transit system. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that chimpanzees aping a cargo cult might actually get better results! To go on a 4 hour sail today, I spent three hours in car and on the "T" (I wonder what that stands for? "Tardy", perhaps? "Twits?" "Terminal", as in incompetence, might be close) to get in, got the 4 hour sail done (getting rather wet in the process; it wasn't supposed to rain according to the weather boffins, but both of us on the boat felt the west breeze and said, "It's gonna rain."), then spent another three hours on the "T" and in the car. The worst of it was the "T"; it's usually an hour each way, and today it was two.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I can assure you Melbourne is far worse, a typical morning 30 km drive into the CBD will take 11/2 hrs., if there is an accident, which are very common then more like 2 hrs.

John
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I will skip morning and start my day in the early afternoon
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It takes me about, Oh wait I don't commute any more as I am extremely retired. :lol:

I do not worry about the morning or evening traffic jams. :twisted:
The only jam I worry about is the one I put on my toast in the morning. :chef:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, I have given up the daily commute also. I still work but the store is within walking or cycling distance. I spent most of my working life driving distances to my place of employ. No more as driving distances is no longer a pleasure because of the insane behind the wheels. The prospect of cars that drive themselves does not fill me with confidence either. With the general standard of the programming of computers there will be flaws, even the law of unintended consequences will strongly apply here, and bugs and these will maim and kill. I just don't want to increase my chances by long distance driving particularly near big cities.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Fred in Skirts wrote: The only jam I worry about is the one I put on my toast in the morning. :chef:
That sounds civilised and more like my morning forecast:
Bright and cheerful, with 99% chance of 60ml precipitation from the espresso machine.
Followed by hot and dry toast with a thin layer of dark mulberry jam.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Tea and toast the breakfast of champions!

I was brought up eating this for breakfast as it is what my mother enjoyed. She was not English but a full fledged TEXAN.

I still like my tea hot with milk and sugar in the winter but not in the hot summers here in the "hot as hell" South. Here I drink a lot of iced tea with only a small amount of sugar and no milk. ( I knew a woman who did put milk in her iced tea though.)

My preferred jam in black raspberry. My second is strawberry. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Settled weather here for the mo. Up at Dawn and required to walk big dogs. Our two weigh over 200lbs between them and I have given up walking them together, as 'Enter one unleashed strange dog, Stage Left' and my two with their eight legs would easily pull me over, so I walk them individually.

After that, these chillier mornings I like a bowl of freshly cooked porridge, one of the few dishes I sprinkle sugar over. I then take our little granddaughter to her school bus pick-up point just a few hundred yards from our gate, after which I drive to work, 8 miles/20 mins.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kirbstone wrote:After that, these chillier mornings I like a bowl of freshly cooked porridge, one of the few dishes I sprinkle sugar over. I then take our little granddaughter to her school bus pick-up point just a few hundred yards from our gate, after which I drive to work, 8 miles/20 mins. Tom
And once at work you are looking down in the mouth all day!! :rofl: :hide:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Too right Fred. We face workers have to wear protective overalls and spend the whole day doing just what you said! Occasionally I raise my eyes up to look the victim in the eye and say: " once more with feeling!"

Tom
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This one is for Uncle Al,

Nowadays I only get let loose on a proper Church pipe organ very seldom. This past Sunday was one such day. Our regular lady organist was having a well deserved wine tasting break somewhere in France and Muggins here filled in.
I had thought the four obligatory hymns ought to read: Begin the beguine, September Song, Mack the Knife and Tea for Two, but I jest.....I fumbled my way through four previously unheard Anglican hymns with only a short lead-in time, but still managed to 'improve' on the given harmonies on the page...not difficult.

What I do enjoy however is the before the service begins time while the punters are arriving. It's hard to beat a bit of quiet J.S.Bach there....Air on a G string (in the key of D actually) and Prelude & Fugue no. XXI (21). Then during Communion an adequate slice of Handel's 'Messiah', the bit where 'he feeds his flock like sheep'. A useful number which can be as long as it takes, but can be brought to a close in a few bars when it's clear that they're finished..... and at the end after a short reprise of the last hymn a straight short blast at Bach's Prelude III (3) from his 48 preludes & fugues. These I extracted from my memory bank and after a dust-off at home on my ol' Bechstein they came out fine in Church with only a cursory glance at 'the page'.

It was a fine sunny warm morning and afterwards I get a great sense of relief that that's over! Being Ireland, more than once in the past I've sent the punters out into the weather to the strains of Chopin's 'Raindrop' prelude (from the film 'Shine', remember?)

Tom
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Tom :D

Great selection of "Hymms", very 'contemporary' :D
Now with this list, instead of Bach for the Postlude,
try THIS for getting people out the door :D

( I had a bit of fun at the end of a recording session :D )

OK - I'll go :hide: now ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sounded like a lot of fun!! :lol:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nice to have had someone video you, Uncle Al. That little jingle is a tad too short to empty a church, but I expect it could be repeated in various voices on that wonderful instrument.. At Easter (twice) I had arranged 'Easter Parade' to sound like a toccata and not everybody copped it, but the Archdeacon, himself a very good voice, who took the service shook my hand outside the door and said 'That was Easter Parade, wasn't it ?' and I just laughed.

Tom