prez experiments with golf kilt look

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: prez experiments with golf kilt look

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote:
Trump appears rather sane in comparison.
It may seem that way from there, but restarting the nuclear arms race resulting in the much greater chance of nuclear war, and the sabotaging environmental efforts can be catastrophic to the world.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I still like this one:
benny%20hill%20and%20fools[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently the NI backstop can be solved quite easily by treating NI as a special case and having the "border"somewhere in the Irish Sea. And again I could be wrong as the EU may have a vested interest in granting an extension because of the backstop problem. So it's in BoJo's court to get the agreement done. What a mess. Maybe we'll get a bit of relief as Parliament has now finished its summer session and is in recession until mid-October. Most of the people I speak to are heartily sick of it all and just want it all over. There seem to be universal agreement that the MP's have not exactly covered themselves in glory. Shrugs shoulders.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

r.m.anderson wrote:I still like this one:
My apologies to the late Benny Hill. He didn’t deserve to be lumped in with those other clowns.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

dillon wrote:
My apologies to the late Benny Hill. He didn’t deserve to be lumped in with those other clowns.
Dillion you must be really happy because you are realizing that you are going to have at least another 5 and a half years to make fun of President Trump
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:
dillon wrote:
Dillion you must be really happy because you are realizing that you are going to have at least another 5 and a half years to make fun of President Trump
That’s the best joke I’ve heard all day.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

May be but I will be the one laughing. Pelosi is already saying the Democrats are going to loose the house in 2020
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I wonder if our current bunch of duplicitous MP's realise that come the next general election a substantial portion of them will be drawing unemployment benefit, particularly the remainers in constituencies that voted to leave. Also they seem to think that the next election will be fought as normal between the two main parties. They are generating sufficient resentment and ill feeling that they may experience a significant backlash from the electorate. Note that Nigel Farage has been eerily silent for the past few weeks and I bet that he hasn't been sitting idly looking on. He will be making plans also. Just one point of interest. We elected a bunch of Euro MP's a while ago and there has been silence from them as well. Have they just been quietly picking up all the benefits they are entitled to knowing that in a short while they will be redundant?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:May be but I will be the one laughing. Pelosi is already saying the Democrats are going to loose the house in 2020
It won't be you unless you were born with a billion-dollar trust fund. That's the class that'll be laughing -- and is laughing now.

The way I see things is that it's "One team. One problem." The Republicrats are as thoroughly corrupt as the Democans because they are one and the same. Bought -- by the same people.

Anyway, I've been ready for a Pence presidency since January of 2017. Heck, at this point I'd be willing to give Idi Amin a chance save that he's not available at the present time. Nor is Benito Mussolini -- who at least made the trains run on time which is something we desperately need here at the moment.

To Dave's point about not "wasting a vote" on a 3rd-party candidate, what happens when the "two" major parties both field candidates that are so thoroughly repulsive that one cannot in clear conscience make a mark next to the name? Usually I find myself voting for the lesser of two evils (with one exception where I actually voted in the affirmative -- and in hindsight it was an error), but 2016 set a new low in that the task was impossible. The United states really needs a way to indicate, "no acceptable candidate" and if that option wins the election they get to select new candidates and we retry the matter. In 2016, Trump was unacceptable (and unfit), Clinton was unacceptable, the Libertarians with Bill Weld running as VP were unacceptable (due to the way that Weld bungled things in Massachusetts), and the Greens were unacceptable as being too far out in the weeds -- and there was no way to tell the controllers, "No, idiots. Go back and find acceptable (and fit) candidates."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I promised to stay out of these types of posts but I guess I just can't The Republicans already have a fit and acceptable candidate. Its the Democrats who are a pack of wild Indians In fact doesn't one of them already claim to be part indian. I would vote for Pence. but I think that by 2024 we will be ready for a lady ..HMMMMM does the name Ivanka ring a bell
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:I promised to stay out of these types of posts but I guess I just can't The Republicans already have a fit and acceptable candidate.
Well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this peaceably and hopefully politely (i.e. like adults) because roughly 50% of the populace disagrees on that count. As a nation we need to get beyond this divisiveness and work together as a functional society, because right now this place is pretty darned dysfunctional.

Recall, also, that the current inhabitant of the White House lost the popular vote, but because of ancient rules and modern gerrymandering (named for a long-ago governor of Massachusetts) prevailed in the Electoral College. Note that I'm not intimating that Clinton would have been any better -- she would have been as much of an overt economic disaster as the "other candidate" to the now-largely-extinct middle class. We -- all of us in the bottom 99.99% -- got handed a garbage field last time, and guess what came out of it -- garbage (my opinion would have been the same if the Democrans "won" instead of the Republicrats).

On 2016-11-08 I went to bed knowing that I'd wake up in a bad mood because of the "election" results; whether this was a self-fulfilling prophecy or not is open to conjecture, but wake up in a bad mood I did and was appalled by what transpired over the course of the night. The point is is that the slate simply sucked for the non-billionaires and the rest of us had no way to fight back.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote:I wonder if our current bunch of duplicitous MP's realise that come the next general election a substantial portion of them will be drawing unemployment benefit, particularly the remainers in constituencies that voted to leave.
Don't your ex-MPs just get more lucrative jobs lobbying Parliament as we do here in the US?
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

crfriend wrote: The way I see things is that it's "One team. One problem." The Republicrats are as thoroughly corrupt as the Democans because they are one and the same. Bought -- by the same people.
I think some of the Democrats understand that and seek to change that. For example, here's a fun clip from the Late Show with Sen. Warren: https://youtu.be/9Yiga2dDysQ
(just watch the last third if you don't want to spend 10 minutes)
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

In my opinion Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and I believe to a lesser extent, Donald Trump are or have been flawed presidents.
We in the US expect too much from our president. (S)he must be good at campaigning and good at being an executive to run the country.
Perhaps a solution would be to have a President, chosen by popular vote as head of state and have a Chancellor chosen by a board of directors (Electoral College) who would serve as the CEO to run the country. Perhaps there could be recall elections by the citizens to remove a Chancellor who is not up to the job.
The original function of the Electoral College as I understand it is each district elected someone by his/her own name and the electors would assemble and chose the President.
I propose the same thing be done for the board of electors, since someone who may be a gifted administrator may not be necessarily a great campaigner.

If the President did not have to run the country then Air Force 1 and its decoy could be much smaller since such an extensive staff would not be required.

John