Vacation Complaints have you done this?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Vacation Complaints have you done this?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.

5. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to siesta in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

6. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

7. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

8. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

9. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

10. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

11. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

12. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

13. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

14. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you all responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Real Complaints to airlines,hotels,etc.

BEWARE ...THEY WALK AMONG US and...THEY VOTE and DRIVE!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vacation Complaints have you done this?

Post by Kirbstone »

Couldn't agree more. Foreign travel is ghastly for all those reasons outlined. Far better to become an armchair explorer and just sit in front of the telly eating fast food & fizzy drinks while watching travelogues made by people who suffer the inconvenience of actually traveling.

When Russia was Hung(a)ry it grabbed a slice of Turkey, dipped it in Greece and fried it in Japan. First time I visited Hungary it was 1966, deep Cold War time and the place was in the grip of Soviet domination with no adverts anywhere, nothing to buy and everything grey. In 1996 we went there and the Hungarians still had no idea about service with smile.
I fly there on Monday for a week and expect things to have changed out of sight.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:Foreign travel is ghastly for all those reasons outlined.
I'd posit the above being true only for those who aren't actually interested in travelling -- actual travel encompasses all the travails listed, and then some, but if one is really interested in the matter they actually become some of the joys. Also lost in the original poster's comments is the fact that getting there is frequently as enjoyable as the destination so long as one does it properly -- and this does not mean getting rammed into an aluminium cigar and pushed at slightly subsonic speed from point A to point B with maximum inconvenience at both end-points.

The best description I've ever heard of "air travel" is that it "crams the minor annoyances of several days into a few excruciating hours". At least that's my experience with the mode. Give me surface transport any day; it's the time that's the bugbear.

Eventually, I'd really like to see Europe and the "western isles" thereof. However, with jobs here in the US scarce and providing two weeks' vacation time -- if any -- time is very, very tight. It's not looking good for this old fart. That said, if I ever get over there, it'll be by boat and train all 'round; there's less stress that way.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

The travel to a vacation destination should also be as pleasurable as the destination itself. My favorite way of transport is a bicycle but with a not so sportive partner, it had to be a car. We went from the Netherlands to France, Italy or Spain. We could reach it in a stiff day of driving over the highways but we did it in three or four days to see something of the surroundings while travelling. We slept in small hotels, ate at little restaurants and enjoyed visiting small towns along the route. My partner, Italian with 25 years of South-America, was fluent in Italian and Spanish so no problems with getting the best the localities had to offer. For me that is the way to travel, seeing the daily lives in foreign cultures and being a small part of it.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Carl,
Your ''maximum inconvenience at both ends' for air travel passengers is most apt. On Monday I must arise at 3AM, dump my car in an airport hotel car park before 4AM, ride their shuttle bus to Terminal two by latest 4.50 AM and walk fifty miles (or so it seems) towing my wheeliebag to the gate for my flight which leaves at 05.55 AM. I've already checked in and I'm not checking anything into the hold.
At the other (Budapest) end they're supposed to have a set of hire-wheels ready for me. A Renault or something. We'll see....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:I'm not checking anything into the hold.
At least that means that they can't lose it for you.
At the other (Budapest) end [...]
Budapest... From Dublin (I guess). At least you'll get there the same day, if somewhat frazzled [1]. In the slightly elder world it'd have taken most of a week between boats and trains. (I'll take the latter any time, but it rakes just that -- time.)

I suppose there's something to be said for air cargo (one cannot really call it "passage") but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is other than a seemingly insatiable need for speed.

[0] This space intentionally left blank.
[1] I know that's not a real word, so why isn't it (a) auto-corrupted for me or (b) underlined with a red squiggly [2]?
[2] There's another one!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, the reason "frazzled" is not underlined with a red squiggly line is that it is a real word. It's original meaning was exhausted but it now seems to have morphed to meaning "extremely irritated to the point of breakdown". As in "by the time I reached the resort I was so frazzled from the stress of the frustrations of the security checks and the long flight that I didn't unpack and fell into bed to sleep soundly." At least that's my understanding of its meaning in my locale.

As for vacations, we are reluctant to fly for anything more than 5 hours, take 48 hours to get over the stress of pre-holiday preparations and travel and the last 48 hours gearing oneself up for the stress of the return journey. Fact MOH starts packing for the return journey at least 24 hours before departure. So on departure day she's just about ready. Me, I leave it till as late as MOH allows me, throwing things into the case upon which time MOH makes me pack it properly. By properly I mean to her methodology and satisfaction. :roll:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I did not know there was a preferred method of packing for a trip other than managing to get all of the clothes you need in the bag. I have always just thrown the stuff in and sat on the top to get it closed..... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

True local conversation:
Motel Owner: "Just one night sir?"
Traveller: "Yes, I wanted to keep driving but couldn't get fuel. How come the roadhouse is not open at night?"
Motel Owner: "Much traffic on the road?"
Traveller: "No, didn't see another car"
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia