Wild life

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Wild life

Post by beachlion »

I was at my second habitat, the beach of Sandy Hook, NJ, today. After a sunny day, I went home by a very sandy trail. when I heard noises behind the bushes. Around this time the deer are getting active so I had my action cam at the ready. Result: a deer in full flight.
IMG_1776q.jpg
I saw a few other deer but they wizzed past before I even could point. If wish I was Dr Dolittle and could tell the animals not to be afraid of me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wild life

Post by JohnH »

Another form of wildlife, courtesy of Mad magazine:

https://www.dking-gallery.com/store/HEAD_58Mad.html

John
Last edited by JohnH on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

JohnH wrote:Another form of wildlife, courtesy of Mad magazine:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACY ... 4yiQZUM%3A

John
Don Martin is my favorite cartoonist. I'm afraid that tells people about my sometimes bizarre sense of humor. And it also explains why I don't like sit-coms in general. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Does Mad magazine still exist?

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

john62 wrote:Does Mad magazine still exist?

John
I believe I heard that they recently ceased publication.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

beachlion wrote:I was at my second habitat, the beach of Sandy Hook, NJ, today. After a sunny day, I went home by a very sandy trail. when I heard noises behind the bushes. Around this time the deer are getting active so I had my action cam at the ready. Result: a deer in full flight.
IMG_1776q.jpg
I saw a few other deer but they wizzed past before I even could point. If wish I was Dr Dolittle and could tell the animals not to be afraid of me.
White-tail are a major pest down here. I just leased hunting rights on my farm to a local trio with an extracted promise that they'll kill as many as they legally can. I'm going to plant hybrid chestnut and pecan trees, and the intense deer predation means I have to make a cage for every tree I plant, out of reinforcing wire and T-posts, adding 10 to 15 dollars cost per tree, just to have them survive the browsing. That's why I don't especially object to the coyotes we now have roaming around.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...