Woman tries clothing for men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Woman tries clothing for men

Post by Freedomforall »

This article details a woman wearing suits and other items of clothing belonging to men. It interesting how she despises the design of clothing for women given most clothing for them is designed by them. She describes the feeling of wearing suits as "freeing and liberating". This seems a common theme for many of us who wear their clothing.
https://thefword.org.uk/2017/01/i-wore- ... d-my-life/
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Woman tries clothing for men

Post by geron »

I notice that this article was published during the winter months. I wonder whether the writer is still wearing a suit during the southern UK's current heat wave. It has brought us the hottest August bank holiday weekend ever, with over 33 degrees recorded near London yesterday.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Speaking about heat waves, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for at least two months most days went over 38 deg. C /100 deg. F and the lows were at or above 27 C/80 F. Only now has the heat wave ended; we may get 25 to 50 mm (1 - 2 inches) of rain today.

I wear dresses around the house; they're the next best thing to being naked. My wife got sick and tired of seeing me in old tattered dresses so she bought me 6 new dresses.

John
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

My own experience of wearing a suit during summer is feeling hot. During winter-feeling cold. Suits have a distinct ability to thwart temperature regulation of one's body. That is an important reason why I despise them.

The author has a good point regarding pockets. Of course, members have commented that they want skirts with good pockets. I have also seen hints online that some women may be interested in skirts with good pockets-certainly trousers with good pockets.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JohnH wrote:I wear dresses around the house; they're the next best thing to being naked. My wife got sick and tired of seeing me in old tattered dresses so she bought me 6 new dresses. John
I also wear dresses around the house as well as when I am running little trips to the recycle place or the store. They are cool in the summer and warm in the winter, easy on and off too!!

Don't let that good woman get away, she is a saint!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I seem to recall this article being in another thread some months ago. The main point I derived was that she could walk about in male clothes and nothing was said. An example of the double standard again. But if that's what floats her boat then good luck to her. I wonder if she's been wearing T-shirts and shorts this summer while we enjoy the skirts and tops. I know what I'd prefer. Shorts at work have been very hot recently.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.