Youtube

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Youtube

Post by Gusto10 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Tg7Bw-evo

a collection of pictures of amongst others members.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Youtube

Post by Sinned »

Having looked at the video the thing that grates on me is not the skirts, although some of them seem inappropriate, it's the heels. The heels are just OTT. Sorry, I don't mean to cause offence to Mark or any other members that wear heels, the images just seem wrong and too much. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I find the same, high heels on guys I can not get my head around but that is just me.

John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

john62 wrote:I find the same, high heels on guys I can not get my head around but that is just me.
My personal dissonance-point comes with spike heels which are (1) inherently unstable and (2) can produce insane ground-pressures.

I wear heels, but those are typically two or three inches in height and are either block-heel types or wedges.

The smallest heel I have is on my court shoes which are 2-inchers and have a heel area of about 1.25 square inches. At my nominal mass of 180 pounds, that computes to a ground-pressure of 144 pounds per square inch explaining handily why they're useless on soft ground [1][2]. If pi*r^2 is to be believed and my maths are right, a 5/16" diameter spike heel would create a ground-pressure of a staggering 2347 pounds per square inch at my mass. In other words, most of the live load on spikes must be carried without putting the heels down save at a standing rest or only momentarily whilst in motion.

[1] Formula used: mass (in pounds) / surface-area of the heel. For circular heel cross-sections, area = pi * (diameter/2)^2
[2] The heels sink into the ground unless I'm standing on something hard. This makes locomotion difficult.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:The smallest heel I have is on my court shoes which are 2-inchers and have a heel area of about 1.25 square inches. At my nominal mass of 180 pounds, that computes to a ground-pressure of 144 pounds per square inch explaining handily why they're useless on soft ground [1][2]. If pi*r^2 is to be believed and my maths are right, a 5/16" diameter spike heel would create a ground-pressure of a staggering 2347 pounds per square inch at my mass. In other words, most of the live load on spikes must be carried without putting the heels down save at a standing rest or only momentarily whilst in motion.

[1] Formula used: mass (in pounds) / surface-area of the heel. For circular heel cross-sections, area = pi * (diameter/2)^2
[2] The heels sink into the ground unless I'm standing on something hard. This makes locomotion difficult.
When I tried on a pair of heels, I found most of the weight shifted to the front ball(s) of my feet. Depending on the posture, there can be very little weight actually on the heel.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Speaking as a Chiro high heels are bad for the spine, hips, knees and feet.

John
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Only in 5 of those video clips were there flats no heels - and the main focus it seemed to be centered on
the short (pencil) type skirts highlighting the well stacked heels.
A very slanted approach - there is more to life than pencil skirts and heels and comfortable ones at that !

And Yes more than a few of the pictures were familiar very familiar - we are not going un-noticed !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Some of the images show outfits that are way too fem for me, and verging on the fetish. High heels are not my cup of tea.

Skirts should, in my view, be a simple, practical alternative to trousers for both sexes. Something like this:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/cotton- ... evPage=plp
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote:A very slanted approach - there is more to life than pencil skirts and heels and comfortable ones at that !
Hear hear!

I never cared for pencil skirts... makes the wearer look like the squeezed into a toilet paper core!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

One could question whether the shorter variety are really pencil skirts, although maybe in reference to some of my old carpenters pencils.
moonshadow wrote:... makes the wearer look like the squeezed into a toilet paper core!
...... or a pencil :)
One made from a stretchy material can feel quite snug on a cool day ....... and substantiates one's masculinity.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I agree completely with Stu: "simple, practical alternative to trousers for both [i.e., all] sexes."
I like Stu's H&M example for several reasons. First of all, I like corduroy.
Second, it's understated and unobtrusive. Fits in anywhere: work, leisure, home,
out and about. Third, it has belt loops, front zip, and pockets. (I hope it has back
pockets). Fourth, the shape and length are just about right.
This is something I would gladly wear. Does H&M sell in U.S.?
It reminds me very much of the Laura Scott 5-pocket skirt, of which I own five.
(Better hurry if you want Laura Scott; Sears is closing stores everywhere.)
Like others here, heels are not for me, and neither is "pencil."
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Sorry, I meant Marks and Spencer! Same question.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

All of the images will have been picked up off Pinterest and other sites and will have been used without permission.

I don't think I'll ever post skirting pictures on the Internet just in case they ended up on a compilation video like this. That said, many, if not all of the guys featured in the video will have happily posted their images online knowing that they could be quite widely distributed and potentially misused.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Some of the skirts look like straight skirts, similar to Stu's example.
Last edited by Grok on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

FranTastic444 wrote:All of the images will have been picked up off Pinterest and other sites and will have been used without permission.

I don't think I'll ever post skirting pictures on the Internet just in case they ended up on a compilation video like this. That said, many, if not all of the guys featured in the video will have happily posted their images online knowing that they could be quite widely distributed and potentially misused.
I wondered about that too. It's always inconsiderate to use someone else's photos without permission. I accept the risk when I post photos online, and I will admit to likely being somewhat flattered should I appear in one of these....

That being said, my chosen style is somewhat eccentric (or boring maybe?) even among male skirt wearers, and generally not very popular as far as imitation goes. The "Ally Mcbeal" look seems to be the go to style for cosmopolitan minded men and women. I on the other hand am fine just being a homely crossdressing mountain man... Oh well... at least I don't have to worry about where my face is showing up in random YouTube videos!
-Andrea