torn rotator cuff

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

torn rotator cuff

Post by Freedomforall »

I am on my third week of literally not sleeping day and night with a torn rotator cuff. Has anyone here experienced this? I have been able to get some relief by using pillows to support my arm. A hot bath is the only other thing that truly takes away the pain. Just wondering if anyone else has suggestions. Thank you so much!!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: torn rotator cuff

Post by john62 »

Anti-inflammatory tablets and/or creams may help, also ultrasound therapy, cold and heat packs with gentle stretching. Also visiting your local doctor and getting a referral for ultrasound scan can determine whether there is just inflammation or a tear in the tendon.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I had a rotator cuff problem which was apparently not a tear. I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder and was able to work through the problem in the gym. It was frustrating and painful.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

dillon wrote:I had a rotator cuff problem which was apparently not a tear. I got a cortisone shot in my shoulder and was able to work through the problem in the gym. It was frustrating and painful.

I heard those shots can be pretty rough as well.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

They can be painful depending on the skill of the Radiologist. And they do not always well but for some the cortisol resolves the problem.

John