the ris of men skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

the ris of men skirts

Post by Gusto10 »

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: the ris of men skirts

Post by denimini »

How come skirts for men are so daggy?
Give me good ol' or'nary skirts thanks.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I didn't get past two screensfull - it was taking too long loading all the advertising.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Oh good grief. I detest Fashion with a capital F. The need to have something "New" just to stand out. IMHO, most of them are simply throwing sh..... stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

NOT helping.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

partlyscot wrote:IMHO, most of them are simply throwing sh..... stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

NOT helping.
Nothing ever sticks.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Grok wrote:
partlyscot wrote:IMHO, most of them are simply throwing sh..... stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

NOT helping.
Nothing ever sticks.
Probably goes PLOP PLOP but there is no avoiding the stink !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

The skirts for men trend might be reborn.
Except for the goofy fashion designers. "Look I reinvented the wheel. It's not really any different, but I will say it is and then I can charge charge 10 times what a original wheel."

If men's skirts do catch on in the designer world. Once the eek it's a man in a skirt gets past.
It won't be long after that the more common man will start looking for cheaper alternatives.

The getting past the "eek!" Will probably take the longest. Once that hurdle is crossed, it will be smooth sailing. Right into most skirts.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Sinned wrote:I didn't get past two screensfull - it was taking too long loading all the advertising.
Adverts? I didn't see any, Adblock pro must work well.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Skirts for men are still on the unusual side of the spectrum of normality whether we like it or not.
That will always encourage the claggy/goofy nature of some of the designs.
The price of a manskirt as opposed to a skirt is a whole other aspect.
I saw one which I could happily wear but at $185 I'd just as soon cross the aisle and get similar or better at a fraction of the cost.
There was another one that could easily have been a derivation of one that I had custom made several years ago. Hmmm?
Steve.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Big and Bashful wrote:
Sinned wrote:I didn't get past two screensfull - it was taking too long loading all the advertising.
Adverts? I didn't see any, Adblock pro must work well.
One way of not being bothered by adverts is by saying no to cookies.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Gusto10 wrote:One way of not being bothered by adverts is by saying no to cookies.
Most of these sites dump the cookies on your browser before they ask permission.  If you don't want them, you have to delete them yourself.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

As far as I know, banning cookies just means the site knows nothing about you, resulting in random adverts, whereas if you allow cookies the site will know you have visited previously, and some sites will look at your purchasing history, leading to the "Since I bought a wheelbarrow every advert I see is trying to sell me a wheelbarrow" syndrome. I never prevent cookies, I like websites to know what I did on my last visit including remembering I am logged onto them. I hate adverts, don't bother with commercial radio and only watch programmes that are advert free or on catchup where the adverts are left out, or at worst where I can fast forward over them. Adblockpro does a great job of keeping the ads away from my pc, it always shocks me when an advert jumps out of youtube, which reminds me not to use youtube, Facebook or twitter on my iPad!

This message is brought to you by Mottley Noggin's Woodlouse Transporters (No louse too there) & Albert Shepherd (No sheep too lost)

This has been a public service announcement
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Big and Bashful wrote:As far as I know, banning cookies just means the site knows nothing about you, resulting in random adverts, whereas if you allow cookies the site will know you have visited previously...
By the time they ask you if you will allow cookies, the cookie has already been planted.  If you 'disallow' cookies and the website is honest, it will ignore the cookie from then onwards, but the cookie is still there.  Unless you delete it yourself, you have to trust them not to use it.

There is nothing to stop them using it another time or to stop someone else who is 'in the know' from using it instead - and you have no way of finding out whether it has been used.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.