Swim trousers (aka pants)

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Swim trousers (aka pants)

Post by Fred in Skirts »

When I was younger and a few tons lighter I needed a swim suit to wear at the beach, I could not find one that I liked and so I made one it was very revealing and looked like a bikini swim suit. It was a very bright red and exposed the thighs completely also the cheeks of my butt were over half exposed. It was really daring for the time with so much skin exposed. I liked it but the authorities weren't so happy about it but could do nothing as the women were wearing even less material.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Fred in Skirts wrote:When I was younger and a few tons lighter I needed a swim suit to wear at the beach, I could not find one that I liked and so I made one it was very revealing and looked like a bikini swim suit. It was a very bright red and exposed the thighs completely also the cheeks of my butt were over half exposed. It was really daring for the time with so much skin exposed. I liked it but the authorities weren't so happy about it but could do nothing as the women were wearing even less material.

Fred
Surprised you were able to pull that one off - the double standard - especially as applied at the beach.
Women can wear anything men wear - but never the twain shall meet with men wearing anything worn by women.

About that SKIRTS thing here - - - hummmm !

That red triangle fabrication must have been tantamount to being a t-h-o-n-g - covering the essential bits and everyone
has what is on the back side. Beauty and age play a significant part as to the presentation.
This is still evident today in the Western hemisphere where men wear Bermuda length bathing gear and I won't go any further
with the less that women wear - again beauty and age factors.

Birthday suits are to be worn at BIRTH only !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

partlyscot, it's funny that you should mention bikini bottoms ....

I have quite a few plain bikini bottoms that I wear exclusively when on holiday abroad. Brightly coloured and, to my view anyway, utilitarian in that they cover what needs to be covered and look good. Two lycra-based triangles sewn at the sides. I have some that are thongs which reveal the cheeks and use them for sun bathing. MOH has bought most of them and doesn't mind me wearing them though it's a shame that her tolerance doesn't extend to dresses and skirts. When leaving the pool to say go for eats I don my sarong [0] a cami and I'm good to go. Absolutely nobody has pointed and accused me of wearing women's swimwear or any women's wear. The trend of selling bikini bottoms separately from tops has worked in my favour in this respect. I have swim shorts but rarely use them except when I need to wear shorts. Isn't that crazy? :?

[0] I wear the sarong folded lengthwise so it appears as a wrap around knee length skirt which MOH tolerates.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Sinned wrote:partlyscot, it's funny that you should mention bikini bottoms ....

I have quite a few plain bikini bottoms that I wear exclusively when on holiday abroad. Brightly coloured and, to my view anyway, utilitarian in that they cover what needs to be covered and look good. Two lycra-based triangles sewn at the sides. I have some that are thongs which reveal the cheeks and use them for sun bathing. MOH has bought most of them and doesn't mind me wearing them though it's a shame that her tolerance doesn't extend to dresses and skirts

How peculiar that the swimwear doesn't bother her, but the skirts do.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

r.m.anderson wrote:Birthday suits are to be worn at BIRTH only !
I call BS on that one. Humans are beautiful no matter what their shape is. Many of the nudist's I knew back when were of every size and shape. I was a member of a nudist campground in Georgia but when the owners decided to raise the rates by 3oo per cent I had to take leave of the place. There were so many different body styles and shapes and it made no difference to any one there.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

r.m.anderson wrote:.......Birthday suits are to be worn at BIRTH only !
If this is true, I have been reborn many times. ;) And I'm not counting the moments under the shower or getting dressed or undressed when changing.

There is nothing so liberating for mind and body as being in the nude in nature.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I have strictly privately sunbathed in the nude. I am, however uncomfortable nude in all other circumstances and dislike bathing in the nude, but that's just me.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

We like to be nude and are in our pool or spa every day, mostly evenings. That's our quality time and we discuss topical issues and subjects that happened, what we learned, or read that day. I like hiking nude and have done a lot of it. I am in the mountains or the desert once a week taking wildlife photos. The only time we wear swim suits is when we have someone else over, and we hate it. We don't like to walk through our house wearing wet suits, take them off and drip all over the floor, and then have to take them out and hang them up to dry. It is easier to not bother with swim suits and air dry, which only takes a few minutes.

I wear skirts around the house, hiking where I can't be naked, while driving, and very often when away from home. We have several beautiful hiking areas around us and we are close to a national park and a national monument. I like sunshine and breezes all over me whenever possible. Skirts feel better than pants or shorts. I love fresh air allowed by wearing skirts. I have only had positive comments if any from fellow hikers and photographers.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I don't do nude, except in the shower.

I have a sauna in my house and I don't even use that nude.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

One thing I feel I should note, while I am OK visiting the local pool for a swim, or a soak in the hot tub in a swim brief, when sunbathing in my at best, partially private back yard, I will still wear the same stuff, but I will arrange some form of privacy screen. Situation matters. I am perfectly legal to lay in the sun so attired, but it doesn't seem reasonable to do so where the public can wander by.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Just a plain black silky pair of Speedos does it for me. And I wear these under a long, lined linen skirt. And a plain white T-shirt. I do like the skirt lining - cool and silky. Hope this isn't too fem, liking these silky materials but it is a comfort thing!!! :oops: :shock: :oops: :o
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I find my black speedos are handy to wear as male underwear, when going to the beach....this saves undressing and changing before going for a swim.
When I wish to dry myself to go home , I change into my second pair of dry speedos
Late in August last year , the Atlantic sea temperature on a Cornish swimming beach went up to 19 c............just like a look warm bath tub.

As a slight change of topic , the male changing robe , with its sleeves and hood , is becoming popular with the male surfers in Cornwall, U.K.
This garment might even become popular as a male tunic...even after 50 years , ...the male tunic or robe is still not popular male garment as beachwear.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

JRMILLER wrote:I recently had a friend refer to speedos as "marble bags". Made me smile!
“ Banana hammock “
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Just returned from Gibraltar, one of the most southerly places in Europe; and you would imagine the sea (technically the Mediterranean) would be beautifully warm in August. Not a bit of it, it's on the edge of the Atlantic and was a miserly 19.6c - about 2 - 3 below average for this time of year - and way below the sea temperatures of 25-6c that the more northerly Balearics get. And come October, it will still be a comfortable 23-4c in those Balearics whilst Gibraltar (and that coastal region of Spain) dips to 17/18c.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

weeladdie18 wrote:
As a slight change of topic , the male changing robe , with its sleeves and hood , is becoming popular with the male surfers in Cornwall, U.K.
This garment might even become popular as a male tunic...even after 50 years , ...the male tunic or robe is still not popular male garment as beachwear.
This guy discovered surfing ponchos, similar idea to your changing robe I think, he has a few more pictures on that sub reddit, and the latest one is a video. I like the idea.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Menskirts/comm ... _so_comfy/