men in business skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men in business skirt

Post by skirtyscot »

Moonshadow, you know fine that women will suffer no negative consequences of having their picture taken in a skirt, but men might. So it's the men being brave.

Agreed there are plenty of good outfits there. How men will be able to dress for the office when equality and common sense prevail.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ralph, I know all too well about the resistance thing. I don't push her any more. Incidentally I've been wearing a skirt every day for most of the day and she hasn't winged once about it. Various skirts, too, worn to match the top I was wearing. If she ever showed any interest in this site or any pictures of guys in skirts then I will enthusiastically involve her. Until then I do what I can. I haven't worn a dress around her yet and I have a few LBD's.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtyscot wrote:Moonshadow, you know fine that women will suffer no negative consequences of having their picture taken in a skirt, but men might. So it's the men being brave.
In the last few hundred years women have elevated themselves from being more or less, property to their present day liberation and the continue to make constant gains. Men meanwhile have to survive in an ever shrinking box.... a coffin of their own design. The answer is simple, all the man has to do is just say "no more!" and do his own thing, but alas he won't.

So... let him perish if that's his will.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

True, and of course women have made gains by being brave, not taking "no" for an answer, etc. I agree that men collectively need to have the courage to push the walls outwards, before we are squeezed even further.

When women started to move into men's jobs, you can see why men didn't want to reciprocate. The men's jobs were better paid. But when women put trousers on, the only thing stopping men trying skirts was that it is seen as demeaning to behave like a woman. That's easy to see, but what I don't understand is why men retreat from anything once women move in. Horse riding, for example. A long time ago everyone did it, it was that or walk. Nowadays you will find very few boys at riding lessons. Why not? Can't boys enjoy it just as much as girls? All kinds of fashions: cardigans, dungarees, high heels, the list is endless. Why can't things be unisex?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Ralph wrote:A private photo sent to a few friends today becomes front page news tomorrow
I've yet to see a picture of me online in a skirt, other than a couple of blurry ones on here. I did catch someone taking a picture of me on the train, wasn't sure, but the malicious grin made me suspect. I thought about going up to him and offering a better pose, but decided not to push it, just gave him a relaxed smile and turned back to my paper. Wonder if it made it anywhere? As I work retail, and use transit, several thousand people have seen my skirts anyway.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtyscot wrote:That's easy to see, but what I don't understand is why men retreat from anything once women move in. Horse riding, for example. A long time ago everyone did it, it was that or walk. Nowadays you will find very few boys at riding lessons. Why not? Can't boys enjoy
I dunno.... but I do know that I'm finished waiting on men to catch up. If they want to run and hide from anything and everything that might be perceived as "feminine"... then to hell with 'em.. I find nothing virtuous or otherwise worthy of emulation in the modern western man... just a bunch of insecure pansy assed bullies that they constantly beat their chest and harp on everything they don't understand.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

partlyscot wrote:
Ralph wrote:A private photo sent to a few friends today becomes front page news tomorrow
I've yet to see a picture of me online in a skirt, other than a couple of blurry ones on here. I did catch someone taking a picture of me on the train, wasn't sure, but the malicious grin made me suspect. I thought about going up to him and offering a better pose, but decided not to push it, just gave him a relaxed smile and turned back to my paper. Wonder if it made it anywhere? As I work retail, and use transit, several thousand people have seen my skirts anyway.
Those should ask for your permission to post it.
PappaG1119

Post by PappaG1119 »

This is my take one something men could wear to the office. I hope to be starting a new job soon as a secretary and this is one of my professional outfits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

That's a great look!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Newtothis

Post by Newtothis »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 pm
I dunno.... but I do know that I'm finished waiting on men to catch up. If they want to run and hide from anything and everything that might be perceived as "feminine"... then to hell with 'em.. I find nothing virtuous or otherwise worthy of emulation in the modern western man... just a bunch of insecure pansy assed bullies that they constantly beat their chest and harp on everything they don't understand.
Right on!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

PappaG1119 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:15 am This is my take one something men could wear to the office. I hope to be starting a new job soon as a secretary and this is one of my professional outfits.
That is absolutely fabulous! A great looking professional outfit!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

PappaG1119 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:15 am This is my take one something men could wear to the office. I hope to be starting a new job soon as a secretary and this is one of my professional outfits.
It's that a dress with a jacket over it, or a skirt and top?
PappaG1119

Post by PappaG1119 »

Dust wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:20 pm
It's that a dress with a jacket over it, or a skirt and top?
So this should answer that question. It is a black dress with a black blazer over top of it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

Your dress suits you very well, even without the jacket. Would I be searching a secretary, I would hire you for sure! 👍
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I think the outfit looks terrific . I have a number of them . I posted some on the café if you are interested find the blog "SKIRT SUITS" about 3 pages back in the blog.

What label are the suits . I started with LE SUIT a lot of which I got at Macy's Than I found EVAN PICONE BLACK LABEL . At jc penney's These were especially good because although they were suits you could purchase them as separates meaning you could get say a size 14 dress with a size 16 jacket

I am an accountant I have a couple of clients that I wear these outfits to their office The rest I wear at my home office.

I also like the shoes. The type like you have with the straps make them much easier to walk in.

I see the TAT it looks like Fire Dept were you a volunteer or regular. I have a tat and sometimes I think it ruins the look I am trying to reach when I go sleeveless.