Breaking News Ireland

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
kiltguyire

Re: Breaking News Ireland

Post by kiltguyire »

I cannot believe there are so many up in arms about this subject no issue for girls but end of the world for a boy.

https://www.classichits.ie/podcasts/nia ... ry-school/
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I can't believe nobody has interviewed the neighbors dog to get his opinion on the matter.....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

moonshadow wrote:I can't believe nobody has interviewed the neighbors dog to get his opinion on the matter.....
Its still going this morning now they are up in arms about a pride flag on Gov Buildings.,
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

kiltguyire wrote:
moonshadow wrote:I can't believe nobody has interviewed the neighbors dog to get his opinion on the matter.....
Its still going this morning now they are up in arms about a pride flag on Gov Buildings.,
Oh no! I :shock:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I do think the neighbor's dog would make more sense.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

lazerr wrote:I do think the neighbor's dog would make more sense.
Let me go and ask our local dog what she thinks on the matter. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a cogent response or not.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I came across this article on MSN today:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/a- ... li=BBoPWjQ

Now if it had been a boy that was ordered out for alleged inappropriate wear then probably nothing would have been said. But because it was a girl ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:Now if it had been a boy that was ordered out for alleged inappropriate wear then probably nothing would have been said. But because it was a girl ..
Eehhh... I don't know all about that... I'm willing to bet something might have been said if a boy showed up in a female swimsuit.... bulge and all...

Of course in all fairness girls generally don't have a bulge down there.... and there IS a solution for that.. [the boy bulge]...

A swim skirt!
-Andrea
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ouch and I gave up on the podcast.
The article about the girl in the fountain is another issue and down to somebody taking their job a tad too seriously.
I honestly believe that neither do any favours for any gender.
In both cases the crap is being offloaded onto the kids by so called "elders and betters" who really do not have a clue.
Steve
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

Putting people into boxes
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

crfriend wrote:
Grok wrote:If it folds on the 'female side' it could be claimed as an accommodation for Trans.
No man nor boy should have to play the trans* card to avail himself of a simple article of clothing. To imply otherwise is to undermine males as to their status as human beings. Full stop.
Exactly.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Now look what you have started...
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsirel ... id=U507DHP
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

pleated wrote:
Now look what you have started...
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsirel ... id=U507DHP
Attacking swans are very dangerous. This isn't the first incident of them killing dogs, cats and even people. To be safe avoid all contact with the crazy beasts.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

From my childhood on I was brainwashed: stay away from angry swans. Their wings are their weapons and the wings break your bones easily. So I gave the birds in a nearby park left-over crums of bread to make peace. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Actually the myth that a swan can break your arm is what it is - a myth. They simply aren't that strong. They may get aggressive, hiss and flap their wings but it's not enough to inflict anything more than a bruise or two. So no need to be afraid of them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.