On Gender

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: On Gender

Post by oldsalt1 »

I propose an additional letter "D" Making it GLBTQ "D" with the "D " standing for "DON"T GIVE A S__T WHAT YOU THINK I AM
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:I propose an additional letter "D" Making it GLBTQ "D" with the "D " standing for "DON"T GIVE A S__T WHAT YOU THINK I AM
Perfect!! Since I do not find that worrying about what others think about me is good for my health. I have told others in no uncertain terms that I did not care what they thought they were not the boss of me. I am who I am period!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

I stumbled upon a Gender Traits Test this evening, it may have some credibility?
http://www.afifthofnothing.com/gendertest.html
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freefrom wrote:I stumbled upon a Gender Traits Test this evening, it may have some credibility?
http://www.afifthofnothing.com/gendertest.html
That's largely old vinegar in a new bottle, and I call BS on it for that reason.

I ran through i quickly and noted that it rated me "androgynous" -- which is wrong as I'm an all-up bloke. I just don't have all the baggage that "manly men" (i.e. the truly macho) do and I function very well in an emotional world as I do in a purely analytical world. Even if I tend to detest children.

"Tests" such as this may have had some validity some 30 years or so ago, but they're largely inapplicable today as the ground-rules have changed. Modern femininity doesn't resemble the femininity of 30 years ago, nor does masculinity. What passes for modern masculinity more resembles psychopathy from 30 years ago, and what was femininity is considered "quaint" and the more modern version looks astonishingly like what masculinity was 30 years ago.

As creatures, we have not evolved/adapted biologically to this "new normal"; these are socially-driven mores. We heed them at our peril.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

crfriend wrote:
As creatures, we have not evolved/adapted biologically to this "new normal"; these are socially-driven mores. We heed them at our peril.
I concur wholeheartedly; hauling up a 'historical' evaluation like this might at least demonstrate that this particular definition is a moving goalpost? I should also wager that the same questions would yield a different result for any given individual given their most recent life experiences. A Monday morning at work or on vacation with the family for instance. Agreed, it's an interesting, if only richly flawed, appraisal.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Loved the article :!:
What a father will do for his daughter :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote:What a father will do for his daughter :D
What should a father do for himself? Without fear of recrimination.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:
Uncle Al wrote:What a father will do for his daughter :D
What should a father do for himself? Without fear of recrimination.
This applies to skirting as well as nail color. We as "men" should heave off the horse collar of shame that has been placed upon the man that does not tow the man line.
Are we men or are we slaves to society?
I am a man and I wear what I want be it skirts or dresses it makes no difference!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.