Higher than normal Skirt representation father s day

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Higher than normal Skirt representation father s day

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I know it's been brought up the discussion of if the skirts demise is coming (facing extinction etc.)
On Father's day here in Indiana, I noticed a larger than normal Skirt and dress representation by the women out and about. I would say almost 1 in 5 or 6 were skirted, it actually blew my mind to see so many skirts.
With that representation, skirts appear to be safe.

Then we went to Walmart, life as usual, blue jeans,. Leggings, and the like, ho hum. Certainly a different clientele.

I also want to take a moment to wish all you father's a happy Father's day!
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Higher than normal Skirt representation father s day

Post by Sinned »

A bit late misha! Or are you early for next year? Incidentally, Fathers Day sometimes occurs on my birthday but because of leap years the next one won't be until 2029!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

mishawakaskirt wrote:I know it's been brought up the discussion of if the skirts demise is coming (facing extinction etc.)
Not to worry, as long as there an Appalachian culture and/or hippie culture the skirt will never go extinct.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Is there an underlying current that the wumen are, for one day, doing something that may please the men in their lives? No, maybe not! Forget the thought.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Let's see... we had a few rellies round. Eleven of us in total, of whom four or five were skirted. Pretty good, huh? And yes, I was one of them. When my SIL and her family arrived and I opened the door, my niece saw me and ran excitedly back to her father, saying something I didn't hear. I was puzzled: she'd seen me in a skirt loads of times before. Turned out she and her dad had a wee guessing game about what I would be wearing. She had guessed my black floral number with black velvet T-shirt and black tights; a poor guess on a hot day but I suppose it must have made an impression back at New Year. He had guessed a purple skirt; much more likely but he was wrong too. So presumably all bets were cancelled.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have noticed a lot more dresses and skirts being worn just lately in this warm weather. All on women which was pleasing to the eye. Some of them short, REALLY short. And a pair of camel-toe shorts which I actually found a tad embarrassing, especially as she came to my checkout.