Breaking News Ireland

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Breaking News Ireland

Post by pleated »

moonshadow wrote: The second video got about 7 seconds of my time.

So many statements are just clawing to escape my lips and I promised I'd behave.
That was our best known conspiraloon. She tried to put herself forward for the Presidential election last October but failed to get nominated.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

pleated wrote:
kiltguyire wrote:On a positive not the uniform supplier is ready for orders now and in the last 12 hours its turned from skirt to kilt, he he

Is that to appease the locals who knows

https://schoolwearhouse.ie/product-cate ... reystones/
Looks like a kilt to me, and it is folded on the 'female' side.
https://schoolwearhouse.ie/wp-content/u ... 47x296.jpg
If it folds on the 'female side' it could be claimed as an accommodation for Trans.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:And that's why I hate my gender. Hate.. it's the only emotion I'm permitted by the system. One side wants me to hate everyone who is not like me and the other wants me to hate myself... for being me.
That's why I think -- and feel -- that hate is the incorrect approach this sort of matter. Resorting to the base emotion of hate is precisely what these types are hoping to evoke, and I think -- and again, feel -- that we're above that if we can engage our thoughts faster than our gut feelings.

When in doubt, take a deep breath, take a proverbial "step back", engage the intellect, and then analyse the situation afresh free from the raw emotion. Properly applied, this can have real medical benefits as it tends to reduce anger, stress, and blood pressure.
So many statements are just clawing to escape my lips and I promised I'd behave.
It sounds like we have a world-class rant coming on here. Compose wisely and cogently, then sit on it for a few days to see if the sentiment persists. If the sentiment persists, edit the composition for quality and then post it as there's likely "meat" to it -- and at that point it can be debated, affirmed, or debunked.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:If it folds on the 'female side' it could be claimed as an accommodation for Trans.
No man nor boy should have to play the trans* card to avail himself of a simple article of clothing. To imply otherwise is to undermine males as to their status as human beings. Full stop.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

Well its telling the back lash over a single garment, No issue for a girl to wear a pain of trousers, but for a boy to wear a skirt all hell breaks loose,

Then parents were saying on radio that they don’t want gender neutral, they don’t want gender neutral toilets as the boys would mess the seats and the girls would be upset. I would have thought this would also be an issue at home as well one would think parents would teach a boy to raise the seat and have some manners, but no it seems its expected and rather than teaching a boy how to behave assign them toilets were they can be little animals.

One of the committee who was in 5th class was on the radio yesterday afternoon, and the presenter was "how in god’s name" and "why would you want to bring in such a thing" the kid who was maybe 10 or so sounded like he was 40 and said well we want an inclusive school where everyone feels comfortable and now they have it.

The radio presenter asked "did he think any boys were going to avail of the change" and the kid said that all committee members will be attending the first day back in skirts such as to help any other student that wants to as well.

The presenter almost lot his ****,

He asked "so let me get this straight you are going to attend in a skirt" Kid said Yea,
Presenter asked "have you thought about this do you know what you are doing" Kid said Yea.
Presenter asked "How do your parents feel about this" Kid said mum and dad are proud of what we did.
Presented was “So you are going to wear a skirt for the first day then" Kid came back and said "he was going to wear a skirt for school"
Presenter said "for the first day" Kid said "for school"
Presenter said "so you will wear it after the first day" kid said "yea"
Presenter said "Oh My"
Kid said "the school has made it clear you chose the uniform you wear it"
Presenter Said I am reading out an excerpt from a statement from chairman of the board of the school said ""Now if a boy goes beyond that, seeks to exploit or to create difficulty or to do it for a laugh we have other policies - behaviour policies, bullying policies - which we will implement."
Kid said "the school does not want students messing around or wearing a skirt making fun of other students so if a male student or a transgendered student chooses to take the skirt as part of their uniform that is their uniform"
Presenter said "SO are your saying if girl chose pants she has to stick with them"
Kid said "maybe" But then said that if a person decides to alter their uniform they clear it with the school but the main thing is that they do not disrupt classes but making a joke of others."
Presenter asked "how do your parents feel about this"
Kid said "my Mum and Dad support us"
Presenter said "He did not know what to say but fair play to him"
Kid said "thanks"
Presenter said "Though you might change your mind with winter starts to bite"
Kid said "If that is the case my school and mum will have to let me change"
Presenter said "I am sure the school will let you off once you have made your point"
Kid Said "Not making any point we are there so that other who do chose a different uniform have support and others who are dressed the same"
Presenter said "I suppose"
Then kid said "Mum asked me to think about it and decide when all the drama has died down"
Presenter said "Did you take it"
Kid said "Kid said yes and no"
Presenter asked “Why did he say that”
Kid Said “He uniform is already ordered for next term”
Presenter said he had the outfitters on earlier and they have amended their website to be gender neutral for the school in question he said they have replaced the term skirt for kilt and then asked the kid did that make it any different”
Kid said “not really it’s a name”
Presenter asked “so your parents have ordered your uniform already,”
Kid Said “I have it in my wardrobe”
Presenter asked “how did he feel about that”
Kid said “Fine its 10 weeks before going back”
Presenter said “no second thoughts”
Kid said “no”
Presenter said "He would like to talk to him again after a month of school to see if he is still wearing a skirt.
Kid Said "I will be"
Presenter said "You seem confident"
Kid said " My mum and I went to get the uniform and he said he had no doubts, he said before she paid she asked me was I sure"

Presenter Said “And were you”
Kid Said “I was”
Presenter Said “So what did you get”
Kid Said “2 Skirt, 3 shirt, 2 sweater, and a few pairs of long socks”
Presenter Said “I presume the sweaters and shirts are the same for both genders”
Kid Said “yes”
Presenter Said “So an easy fix if you decide to stop your mother buys you a pair of pants”
Kid Said “my mum made it clear that I choose a skirt I will wear them till I finish school”
Presenter Said “So you have a year then”
Kid Said “Yes”
Presenter Said “I am sure if you have second thought your mum will give in all mothers do”
Kid Said “It’s hard to expect my mum to pay 40 euros each for 2 skirt plus socks and then not use them”
Presenter Said “I suppose you are right”
Kid Said “My sister wears a skirt for school so it should not be an issue for me”
Presenter Said “She is a girl so it should not be a issue to her, How does she feel about it”
Kid Said “She thinks it great as in her school they have to wear a skirt”
Presenter Said “Maybe she will do the same in her school”
Kid Said “Maybe”
Kid Said “That’s the whole reason why we are doing this as gender neutral so people have a choice”
Presenter Said “Will you come back on when you start school”
Kid Said “I would love to”
Presenter said "We will leave it at that thanks for joining us"

After that parents phoned up said the school should be shut down for depravity, that the kid should be taken off his parents and locked up other said poor misguided child and she blamed the lack of faith in our lord, Crazy stuff
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

kiltguyire wrote:Well its telling the back lash over a single garment, No issue for a girl to wear a pain of trousers, but for a boy to wear a skirt all hell breaks loose,

After that parents phoned up said the school should be shut down for depravity, that the kid should be taken off his parents and locked up other said poor misguided child and she blamed the lack of faith in our lord, Crazy stuff
Their politically correct dress code has backfired, and what is now at risk is the comfort and convenience of The Powers That Be.

Perhaps they will change tactics and decree that all students-boys/girls/Trans-must wear trousers as part of their uniforms.
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

I don't know if it has backfired, I think they were trying to be all inclusive as some trans kids like the whole dresses and skirts as part of their identity,

Maybe they will say trousers for all but then that is going back from where they wanted to be.

Listening to the radio and on line comments so many parents are praising it including parents of trans kids.

The you have school guidance councilors on radio saying its terrible to confuse the identity.

Parents saying its perverted and really at the end of the day its only the relaxing of a rule to allow a boy to consider a skirt as a uniform option thats all it is and some may want to try it just to try it or some may be trans and it is brilliant for them, some may try it and decide it not for them but its out of their system.

I am surprised with the horror of the radio presenters one said to a mother who was all for it "well if you son asked you for a skirt for next term what would you do" She said she would give him one

Church are saying it a perversion not withstanding their own missdeads in the past.

In saying that another mother who has a daughter going to the school and a son starting said on a video clip that she supports it we are not in the dark ages and when asked would she give her son a skirt she said he will be getting pants and a skirt for september and he can choose himself which i think is great.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ironically, in Scotland the kilted skirt has not predominantly featured as part of normal female school uniform.
Interesting that the "Kilt" did for boys at some of the private schools in the past.
Is a kilt a skirt or vice versa? That is an age old conundrum to which there is no agreeable answer.
The fastening side would be quite irrelevant to the kids unless it is pointed out.
I reckon that the suppliers have simply identified a sales opportunity by using "kilt" as a gender neutral term.
The "church" condemned the whole idea out of hand. Some parents have demanded the schools closure.
No surprises, all change will upset someone. WE should really know this by experience.
I'm not convinced that this initiative is simply to accommodate trans kids but it certainly adds some choice for the boys.
One can only hope that the nay-sayers do not gain the upper hand.
I presume that trousers would still be an alternative for both genders at any given time regardless?
Finally, do not let hate cloud your judgement on this or anything else for that matter.
crfriend wrote:"Non bastardos carborundum."
If you do "they" will have won.
Equally, we do not have to behave as if we are helpless little fellows either.
Steve.
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

STEVIE wrote:Ironically, in Scotland the kilted skirt has not predominantly featured as part of normal female school uniform.
Interesting that the "Kilt" did for boys at some of the private schools in the past.
Is a kilt a skirt or vice versa? That is an age old conundrum to which there is no agreeable answer.
The fastening side would be quite irrelevant to the kids unless it is pointed out.
I reckon that the suppliers have simply identified a sales opportunity by using "kilt" as a gender neutral term.
The "church" condemned the whole idea out of hand. Some parents have demanded the schools closure.
No surprises, all change will upset someone. WE should really know this by experience.
I'm not convinced that this initiative is simply to accommodate trans kids but it certainly adds some choice for the boys.
One can only hope that the nay-sayers do not gain the upper hand.
I presume that trousers would still be an alternative for both genders at any given time regardless?
Finally, do not let hate cloud your judgement on this or anything else for that matter.
crfriend wrote:"Non bastardos carborundum."
If you do "they" will have won.
Equally, we do not have to behave as if we are helpless little fellows either.
Steve.
Well the supplier was listing is as a skirt until the uproar, it would be great i think if there was a take up by boys on the kilt but one hopes mothers do not see it as the trendy thing to do

I doubt anyone would see it as anything other than a kilt other than thoes that know what a real kilt is and I am sure at a pinch they could maybe get a cheaper real cut kilt if push came to shove.

I dont know why the church would sure they were dresses all the time :)

Why do you not think its to accommodate trans kids, though I think its easier now for a female to male given the change,

the radio and tv has been bussing with opinions for the last 2 days,
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Technical glitch - I hate that when that happens !
While composing my reply another post was posted
Response to review that post before posting mine
When I did that my post went off to the GREAT VOID !
Should have copied my work and pasted.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

... That moment when Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama seem more progressive by comparison than Ireland....

Ya'll need to get a grip over there....

Take. A. Chill. Pill... dump some Fluoride in your tap water or something....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

r.m.anderson wrote:Technical glitch - I hate that when that happens !
While composing my reply another post was posted
Response to review that post before posting mine
When I did that my post went off to the GREAT VOID !
Should have copied my work and pasted.
You are not the only one with this kind of problem. It happened to me a few times. It seems like Murphy's Law is involved. The larger the piece of text, the higher the chance of getting lost in cyber space.
It seems you get a sneaky little warning somewhere in a corner of the screen but before you can absorb it, you already hit Enter. You need an iron will to start over again.

P.S. Thanks Moon, you provided proof for the above mentined problem. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

beachlion wrote:S. Thanks Moon, you provided proof for the above mentined problem. ;)
No... that wasn't a computer glitch... that was me deciding not to let my tirade on the ridiculousness of the human race stand....

The post stood, I thought it over... my face squarely in my palm with my fingers between my eyes.... and determined "it just isn't worth it"

To hell with identifying as a "woman" or "trans", or whatever...

I don't want to identify as a human anymore....

I'm hereby a space alien... I'm not part of this insanity....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Kiltguyire
To answer your question
I honestly do not believe that such initiatives are for the exclusive benefit of transgendered children.
Certainly it is an element but there really are potential advantages to be gained for everyone.
It may even have less to do with clothing but opening minds to other possibilities in all sorts of ways.
As a parent, I know very well the challenges that kids present and it can be very unpleasant too.
However, there are many stages when we just have to support them and let them sort life out for themselves.
My own would certainly fallen in with the Church's view and my Father was a staunch non-attender into the bargain.
Steve,
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Its interesting that in the U.S. most public schools do not require uniforms and dress codes are generally considered gender neutral. Indeed a boy probably could wear an appropriate skirt to school in California... or Alabama if he wanted to. There would be some resistance but I think it the boys wishes would be upheld.

Note that the resistance always comes down to bathrooms NOT the clothing itself, so as long as the boy used the boys room there shouldn't be much trouble aside from occasional bullying, but let's face it, skirts or not kids are going to bully one another from time to time.
The takeaway message here is that institutional restrictions are the least of problems a child with a sense of self contrary to the mores of gender identity (not necessarily transgender) has to overcome. The positive side here is that we now know, so far, that Ireland and Poland appear to contain the bulk of Europe’s rednecks.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...