New Funny Pictures!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Funny Pictures!!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dog-sunbather.jpg
dress code.jpg
fork0.jpg
implants0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

kilt001.jpg
kalvin kline.jpg
inti pants.jpg
girl1.1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirt public.jpg
speed control.jpg
shoes and socks.jpg
scotsman-kilts-skirts.jpg
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Very good. But Fred I don't get the "Millenial Anti Theft Device" on the tyre cover of the car. I have a well-developed sense of humour but someone will have to explain that one to me as it's just passed me by.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

Sinned wrote:Very good. But Fred I don't get the "Millenial Anti Theft Device" on the tyre cover of the car. I have a well-developed sense of humour but someone will have to explain that one to me as it's just passed me by.
Manual transmission. Has reportedly been too complicated for some car thieves on the west side of The Pond.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Very good. But Fred I don't get the "Millenial Anti Theft Device" on the tyre cover of the car. I have a well-developed sense of humour but someone will have to explain that one to me as it's just passed me by.
So many of todays youth have never driven a manual shift car nor even seen one.
They have no idea how to work it. A lot of of modern car thieves are among that group, so are unable to steal the car. While we as the older generation were brought up learning to drive in a manual transmission car. Hope this helps. :D
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

secure0.jpg
savepaper.jpg
quirky0.jpg
mini,maxi.jpg
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

watched.jpg
trusted.jpg
so what.jpg
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

welcome-to-real-life.jpg
who-wore-it-better.jpg
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks Fred. As manual transmission has been the norm over here I have rarely driven a car with an automatic gearbox so the joke fell flat on me. When I have driven an automatic I kept looking for the gear lever and clutch to change gear. Old habits take a lot of time to unravel. There have been tales, surely apocryphal, of Americans driving a hire car and complaining that they couldn't get more than 20 mph because they weren't used to a manual gearbox. :?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:Thanks Fred. As manual transmission has been the norm over here I have rarely driven a car with an automatic gearbox so the joke fell flat on me. When I have driven an automatic I kept looking for the gear lever and clutch to change gear. Old habits take a lot of time to unravel. There have been tales, surely apocryphal, of Americans driving a hire car and complaining that they couldn't get more than 20 mph because they weren't used to a manual gearbox. :?
And then the driving on the other side of the road in the UK and some Caribbean countries !
Was on a cruise awhile ago and had a hire car for touring and rode in the left side shotgun seat !
Now that is something - no steering wheel or gearing levers in reach just a plain ole dashboard no instruments !

AND DON'T LOOK AT THE TRAFFIC COMING YOUR WAY - NO WHEEL - NO WAY OUT - NO CHANGE CONTROL OR DIRECTION !
You are not in control from the usual left side function ! And why are you turning right (ah er left) into traffic ?
My first six cars were manual transmissions - first one was three on the tree - the next 5 were 4 on the floor one of which a Triumph TR4
had the electric overdrive increasing the amount of forward gears to 7 - neat no clutching just move a lever.
It becomes second nature to drive these - one gets really spoiled by the automatic transmission some now with 6 speeds and no shift overdrive.

But you haven't lived until riding shotgun on the other side of the road !
Then those folks in the UK driving on the Continent or visiting Canada USA - exciting hair raising - exhilarating !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

The first time I went from the Netherlands to the UK on my motorbike, I tried to get the feel by riding at the left side of some quiet Belgian roads. Once in the UK, the ride from Dover to St Albans was easy. All trafic signs are at the right spot to remind you of driving left. Even the roundabouts were easy to conquer. My problem started when walking. Crossing a street, I always looked to the wrong side to check upcoming traffic.
Some years later I was in a car. We had to go to a wedding in the south of London. The brother of the bride was guiding. At some place he said to go right. I did and it was a one direction street and I looked at a wall of 5 red doubledecker buses, just accelerating at their green light. I went to the right curb and waited untill the herd was gone. Thanks to the hardening by my motorbike experience, I was the only one not looking pale.

When I first came to the USA, I drove automatics as if had done this my whole life. I remember only twice to grab the stick and finding the clutch pedal but I corrected myself just in time. I don't know if going back to stick shift when I visit the Netherlands will be that easy.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Some interesting gear changing going on here.  The engine is an 8-cylinder Gardner and the gearbox has no synchromesh.  [Caution: loud!]
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

One tip for driving an auto when one is used to a stick shift is to wrap one's left foot around one's right ear, so only the right foot is left down under there to operate both accelerator and brake.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !