When will men wear women's clothing...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: When will men wear women's clothing...

Post by JeffB1959 »

Daryl wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:When you are wearing a kilt or some of the more" manly type skirts sneakers and heavier shoes are fine

When you move in the direction of a more delicate type of skirt heels greatly improve the look.

I wear the shoes with the thick heel they call clunky heels. I favor the shoes by Brinley Co on amazon they are as comfortable as any shoe I have ever gotten.

The tallest I have ever been was 5 foot 6 I am at 5,5 on my way down wearing a 3 inch heel is great I can reach stuff on the top shelf :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have some shoes with a 4 inch heel and the view is much different from up there
I'm 6' 1" and even 2.5" heels make me notice being closer to the ground when I remove them.

At 5'5" it must be tempting to get some real stilts, like shoes with a 1 inch platform and a heel that adds 3 inches to that (for a total of 4 inches). I love the look of platforms myself but at my height I already hit my head on too many things.
Well, I'm 6 foot 2, and I have ZERO problem wearing heels as high as four inches while out and about. Hell, by wearing women's clothes from head to toe, I already stand out, might as well stand head and shoulders over everyone----LITERALLY! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'm 6'3" (or at least used to be) in bare feet, and I've found that my 3" wedges dramatically increase the odds of interference between my head and various structures on top of making me feel like I'm in the crow's nest of a tall ship. When I travelled by train last year to Colorado I couldn't wear my nice court shoes with their 2" heels because my head would have been in constant contact with the carriage ceiling.

Don't get me wrong, I like moderate heels, but at my height they do come with drawbacks (not to mention finding nice-looking styles that'll fit my large-format trotters).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, I wear a woman’s 13 wide, so things aren’t much better for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.