Another reason I hate Tennessee

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Another reason I hate Tennessee

Post by Freedomforall »

Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another reason I hate Tennessee

Post by Ray »

That’s incitement to violence which is a criminal offence in the UK. He might well end up in jail here for spouting such vile garbage.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Oh wow. Just wow.

BTW, isn't civil government chosen by people, using the free will which God gave them? So not by God. I'm sure anyone could argue against him using the Bible or theology, and that was just one that sprung to mind. The guy ain't worth any more of my mental effort.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Bless his heart...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:BTW, isn't civil government chosen by people, using the free will which God gave them? So not by God. I'm sure anyone could argue against him using the Bible or theology, and that was just one that sprung to mind. The guy ain't worth any more of my mental effort.
Well, yes and no. In theory we choose those who lord over us, but in practise it's quite different.

The character in question here is a whack-job and needs to be removed from having any sort of power over anybody. This one's so toxic that even Fox "News" was willing to go after him -- and that's saying something.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Ray wrote:That’s incitement to violence which is a criminal offence in the UK. He might well end up in jail here for spouting such vile garbage.
In the US, he's covered by the First Amendment, basically until he starts telling people to go hurt people. He was advocating for laws, which would then be enforced by cops and the courts. And telling people to report lawbreakers is a lot different from taking the law into your own hands, vigilante or lynch mob style. Technically, from what I read, he's legal. Then again, I'm no lawyer.

I cringe when I hear about the Draconian "hate speech" laws in Europe and even Canada. We have a saying in the US: I may not like what you're saying, but I'll defend you right to say it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I kinda go with Dust on this one. Though I very much disagree with what the pastor says, I'll defend his right to say it....

And on the subject of wholesome family values, I post the following:

https://youtu.be/bldw8X5apnY

Though I'd bet a shiney silver dollar Fritts would be more than willing to silence an Atheist's perspective on the subject of biblical family values....

But not to worry, under the constitution of Tennessee Atheist are forbidden from holding public office.

What a bunch of f---king insecure hypocrites!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

For those that have not seen the video it is here.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... by-police/

I wonder what the "pastor" thinks about wearing mixed fabrics?! I am sure that his suit is of mixed fabric. The Bible clearly speaks against this as well.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

A godly man will offer up his virgin daughters to the unruly sodomites..... Gen 19:8

Just sayin'
-Andrea
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote:A godly man will offer up his virgin daughters to the unruly sodomites..... Gen 19:8

Just sayin'

Moon I am impressed. I actually graduated from Liberty University and you recalled a verse that I did not.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I hope he also advocates stoning adulterers to death - which would include everyone who divorced and married someone else. Statistically, that's about half his congregation.

Otherwise, y'know, he's a bloody hypocrite bleating "I thank thee that I am not like other men."
Ralph!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Is this man without SIN that he can cast the first stone ?

On his way to the Pearly Gates - his travels will be interrupted -
"There for the grace of god his conduct treating his fellow man resulted
in a new direction (down) without honor."
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

just one thought, since when did Legal absolutely equal Right or even Fair?
Steve.
Don't blame Tennessee though, she may be an innocent in all of this.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

This actually tells me that Tennessee is a good place that I can respect. Of course I don't agree with this man for a second - I think he is barking mad - but the fact he can say what he says tells me that Tennessee properly respects the right to free speech.

In the US, you have the right to free speech laid down in your First Amendment. That is a solid principle and one which you should love and uphold. The right to free speech is tested from time-to-time when someone like Mr Fritts expresses such ridiculous and unpleasant views, but we must never be tempted to bring to bear the force of law to silence him. Let him say what he thinks, and then let him know why he is wrong.

Never take your First Amendment rights for granted. The UK, like all European Union countries, has to make do with Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights to protect free speech, and it is frequently failing to do so. I will tell our American friends to count their blessings and defend your Constitution; one day, you may need it yourself.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Stu wrote:In the US, you have the right to free speech laid down in your First Amendment. That is a solid principle and one which you should love and uphold. The right to free speech is tested from time-to-time when someone like Mr Fritts expresses such ridiculous and unpleasant views, but we must never be tempted to bring to bear the force of law to silence him. Let him say what he thinks, and then let him know why he is wrong.
Not only does he have his right to free speech, but also his right to freedom of religion. He was, after all, in his own church when he made the comments, and as much as we may disagree with the message, Mr. Fritts is dead on accurate. The bible does say exactly the things that he says it says. Indeed, God does "hate fags". Yes the scriptures also law down other commandments of love, charity, and the like, but that's the problem with the scriptures. They're full of contradictions. Like Islam, the bible also condones the execution of infidels (non Jews) Deuteronomy 17:2-7, and before someone says that's that "Old Testament stuff" I remind you that Christ said himself that he has come not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. Matthew 5:17

Personally, I thank this man (Mr. Fritts). Over the last several months I was really starting to warm up to the religion [Christianity] and he has reminded me why that particular faith has no place in my life. For everything we complain about Islam, its competing religion [Christianity] has several parallels. I'm sorry of this offends, but it is what it is.

True Christians, like this man, are not interested in liberty for everyone, they are interested in their version of Sharia law. Make no mistake, if these nut jobs had the same authority that ISIS has in the middle east, most of us would be beheaded, or at least stoned to death.

My wife and I are talking about pulling up stakes and moving into Tennessee. Freedomforall may find me a mad man for doing this, but I do have practical reasons for such, mainly getting closer to work, better job opportunities for Amber, no vehicle inspections, and saving $2500 per year (no state income tax). I will not bother me in the least should I find a house that is right across the street from an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. I'll be sure to mow my grass every Sunday at 11am SHARP, in the most girly outfit I can find, and I'll be sure to fly a transgender flag or whatever other thing is sure to piss these nut jobs off at every opportunity.

Why? Because ______ em'! I've got rights too, whether they like it or not. And I'm going to stop tiptoeing around the obvious and painting lipstick on a pig. Christianity needs to be called out for its crap. It's a vile religion. I don't care if 80% of Americans are Christian, if that 80% actually read their bible, and they actually valued the ideals of individual freedom, love, compassion, not to mention American values, they'd not walk, no sir, they'd RUN away from the faith. I'm sure I'm bordering on getting the mod hat called out (God forbid we offend a Christian) so I'm going to stop here. But in closing, if you're a Christian, and you tell me I'm wrong, then you're ignoring parts of the bible, it's as simple as that.
-Andrea