Who is Patagoniakid

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
whorton

Who is Patagoniakid

Post by whorton »

Hey everyone<

I've noticed a number of images of either boys or young men appearing in public in skirts on Pinterest. They are almost all attributed to someone who goes by the monkquer of "Patagoniakid?" Just curious, is he a member here or does anyone know anything about him?
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who is Patagoniakid

Post by Stevie D »

He is a registered member here...
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1457
... but has only made one post in July 2007.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9157&p=79219#p79219
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

WOW - some 11 years ago and only -1- post -
Wonder why he has never returned or let me rephrase that never posted again ?
Lost logon ?
Maybe a hidden lurker of sorts.
And then the skirts were they a fleeting obsession at the time but activity on Pinterest says ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Patagoniakid is a protagonist on Tumblr, a site similar to Instagram for those not in the know. He has quite a montage of skirted photos, and other Tumblr bloggers
have added to his collections such as 'Bossdressing'
tumblr_ph4ee5Toc41rjrgyf_1280.jpg
tumblr_ph5z083XyQ1rjrgyf_1280.jpg
who regularly wears his skirts to work... not a bad look, but they identify as 'genderfluid' which may not go too well with the consensus here.

Tumblr is NSFW, BTW :shock:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
whorton

Post by whorton »

One of the reasons I had asked, after noticing a spate of postings of younger people in skirts on Pinterest, many look like someone has taken a picture of a biological female and photoshopped a guys head on. I've certainly never seen nearly as many guys in skirts as he has postings. . .Humm?
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

whorton wrote:One of the reasons I had asked, after noticing a spate of postings of younger people in skirts on Pinterest, many look like someone has taken a picture of a biological female and photoshopped a guys head on. I've certainly never seen nearly as many guys in skirts as he has postings. . .Humm?
Perhaps with the younger set, as there's no hang-ups and they generally put two fingers up to the world, with the 'accept-me-as-I-am-or-piss-off' narrative, they probably 'empower' themselves to be out there, in college, workplaces etc, 'skirted', though a great deal of them are perhaps transitioning / genderfluid etc. and may view any mockery is against their rights as a woman or whatever gender they may choose... it can all get very confusing. These aren't your overweight 60-somethings in a battered jeans skirt, these guys (in amongst pictures of rainbows and unicorns, and other postings of advocacy) have the backing of fellow LGBT bloggers.

I think Patagoniakid trawled the internet for most of them, but they look legit :)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I have no problems with the gender fluid moniker, though i certainly don't identify that way. (I guess I fluidly stick with the man side) Some people I meet do get confused, simply because I wear a skirt all the time I must be Gender Fluid, but it's just the way I like to dress, for my own reasons. I now don't explain why to anyone :D . I think everyone should be able to dress the way they like, and judging from my Sunday visit to home depot, that seems to be what everyone else thinks too. I saw pajamas, hot pants, swim suits, tatoos, tank tops, pinks, purples, tiger prints, yoga pants and just about everything possible to wear, even a skirt (ME).

Gender Fluid is very familiar with the High School and College age people, with at least a few in every school around here. I have an offspring that identifies that way, and has for over 20 years, though I'm not totally sure how it all works. It is not new, but it is new in popular media and with the totally open way it can be if you like.
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

I'm hoping I'm not speaking out of turn. Patagoniakid is Bruce Johnson on Quora. He encourages people to review his collection of photos in Pinterest and PictureTrail. I've exchanged one or two messages with him through Quora messenger and he's very supportive of encouraging heterosexual men to wear skirts. He is a big fan of mini skirts. He has since disabled the ability of members to contact him via Quora messager. I credit him along with some others for encouraging me to try on a skirt.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

How do you get on to Tumblr? It seems that you have to create an account to access it. Ditto Pinterest (which never used to be the case - and is madly variable in its access)
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

I created membership accounts on both Pinterest and Tumblr for purposes of building my own collection of images of men wearing skirts, albeit with my own style preferences. Like all websites that inundate you with advertising, membership is free. Member viewable information on Bruce Johnson in Quora is posted under his profile in that forum.