Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by pelmut »

Wimborne Minster Folk Festival:  One traditional kilt, two black kilts and one skirt among 150 dancers at the evening ceilidhs.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

You always see this odd stuff popping up on your computer . There was a photo set of GQ"s 10 best dressed men of the week.

I don't know who he is but a photo of Tommy Dorfman wearing a midi length skirt was one of the group.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Good find, OS1. Are you a regular reader or did the image somehow find you?

Here he is:
Screenshot_20190610-223714-331x588.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Just ran across article Nice legs her's ain't bad either
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Mr Dorfman is frequently showing up in the news. I,m of the wrong generation to know much about him but he seems to be a model, is always out with other beautiful people and almost always in some designer looking skirt outfit. A cool guy I would call him.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

This is what I wore today to go with a bunch of buddies target shooting. I thought it appropriate for the activity, and its was a lot cooler. The temperature was low 90’s and although the range is covered, it was still quite warm in the shade. The breeze did provide some comfort. I had only a couple of comments. Range master said ‘That HAS to be a lot cooler’. I just smiled said yep and kept sending lead downrange.

RG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Regular Guy wrote:"... Range master said ‘That HAS to be a lot cooler’. I just smiled said yep and kept sending lead downrange..."
Looking good... nice kilt! Where did you get it from? Also... are you wearing hose or tights in this pic? Looks great!

--Rick
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

^Looks like one of the newer Utilikilt designs... Kind of a combination of the standard and the neo-trad designs.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Kilted_John wrote:^Looks like one of the newer Utilikilt designs... Kind of a combination of the standard and the neo-trad designs.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Looks like the one they did just before the models they have now. Maybe they still sell it, not sure. If I'm not mistaken, it's a pull on, not a wrap around.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Dust wrote:
Kilted_John wrote:^Looks like one of the newer Utilikilt designs... Kind of a combination of the standard and the neo-trad designs.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Looks like the one they did just before the models they have now. Maybe they still sell it, not sure. If I'm not mistaken, it's a pull on, not a wrap around.

Yep, it’s a Utilikilt, purchased off ebay. I don’t know when they sold this style.

You are exactly right about the style. It is a pull on and not a wrap. There is a V shaped opening at the top front that fans open like a zippered garment. Then when you secure the 4 snaps at the belt line, it closes the gap like it would be if you closed a zipper. The narrow piece of material below the snaps hangs free and just hides an inverted pleat like the one you find on the center rear.

I have another Utilikilt that is a pull on (non wrap), but it does have a zipper at the front waistband. That one only has a few decorative studs in front center below the zipper.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Kilted Musician wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:"... Range master said ‘That HAS to be a lot cooler’. I just smiled said yep and kept sending lead downrange..."
Looking good... nice kilt! Where did you get it from? Also... are you wearing hose or tights in this pic? Looks great!

--Rick
It’s a Utilikilt. See my post above about the kilt.

And yes, those are sheer stockings. I wear some form of legwear everyday, be it opaque or sheer depends on the temps. Mostly sheer stockings, primarily for support. Without them my leg veins resemble a road map. LOL
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Regular Guy wrote:And yes, those are sheer stockings. I wear some form of legwear everyday, be it opaque or sheer depends on the temps. Mostly sheer stockings, primarily for support. Without them my leg veins resemble a road map. LOL
That's nothing my legs resemble badly made sausages at the moment. I have still risked making grown men faint by baring all, the air flow is highly therapeutic.
Steve.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Regular Guy wrote:
Kilted Musician wrote:

--Rick
It’s a Utilikilt. See my post above about the kilt.

And yes, those are sheer stockings. I wear some form of legwear everyday, be it opaque or sheer depends on the temps. Mostly sheer stockings, primarily for support. Without them my leg veins resemble a road map. LOL
I can relate about the leg veins. I've had some spider type veins in my left leg since high school.. You're right... hose provides support and makes the legs look better!

--Rick
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

This morning while having coffee with friends at a local coffeehouse [sort of a Sunday ritual] my friend said, "Did you see that guy walk by in a skirt?" I had my back turned to the sidewalk and missed him as he walked by. I got up and looked down the sidewalk. He was wearing a plaid pleated skirt about 6" above the ankles, black t-shirt, and sandals. A nice look! Sorry I missed him. If I would've seen him earlier as he passed I would've asked him where he got the skirt from. I wouldn't mind having one like that. I was wearing short shorts, gray semi-opaque hose, black t-shirt, and Converse tennis shoes [Chucks].

--Rick
mskirt

Post by mskirt »

I guess I’ll report my sightings. Last Saturday, (15th) my wife and two daughters 24 and 27 went to Pridefest in Denver. It was unplanned but lots of fun. I saw four or five men walking around in utkilts and several more in various skirts. Some more outfits that were what I would consider ‘out there’ ... but no one was paying any interest just a lot of people having a great time. I may have had a beer too many. 8) No I did not wear I’m just not ready to explain to my daughters yet but I will next year.