Skorts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Skorts

Post by Bamaskirting »

I will always love skirts. But I've just not work any in public but a few times in past year or so. I attribute that for my love of tights honestly. But yesterday, I seen a skirt in the active section of TJ Marshall's. I tried it on and loved it!

Now I'm definitely interested in skirts again! I also remembered this awesome community I'm in here! So hello everyone!!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skorts

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello again Bamaskirting, good to see you dropping in again. Get your skirts out into the world again!

Not sure why tights would stop you wearing skirts in public, I wear them all the time in the season (which is most of the year round these parts). Just go for it!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Bamaskirting wrote:I will always love skirts. But I've just not work any in public but a few times in past year or so. I attribute that for my love of tights honestly. But yesterday, I seen a skirt in the active section of TJ Marshall's. I tried it on and loved it!

Now I'm definitely interested in skirts again! I also remembered this awesome community I'm in here! So hello everyone!!
Did you get off on the wrong track - "Skorts" is your thread starter and then you mention wear (only) skirts ?
In any even skorts are faux skirts and will get you a pass here - QWERTY places the "O" and the "I" right next to each other.

Oh and feel free to drop by more frequently and often - Skirts is the universal spoken language here !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:I will always love skirts. But I've just not work any in public but a few times in past year or so. I attribute that for my love of tights honestly. But yesterday, I seen a skirt in the active section of TJ Marshall's. I tried it on and loved it!

Did you get off on the wrong track - "Skorts" is your thread starter and then you mention wear (only) skirts ?
In any even skorts are faux skirts and will get you a pass here - QWERTY places the "O" and the "I" right next to each other.

Oh and feel free to drop by more frequently and often - Skirts is the universal spoken language here !
I wear skirts. But a skort is what I bought. Probably a spell check error via phone
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

A new word for me is Snoga.
Not quite the same as a skort, it's a skirt with attached
leggings. They are intended as "modest" athletic wear,
apparently for the very religious.
Google "snoga" for hundreds of examples.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/60094976262487731/
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

Most of my skirts began life as skorts. The styles and lengths are what I like to wear. On the surface the skort seems like a good idea but after I wear them a time or two I want the freedom back and make the conversion.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

I purposely bought what one would call a running skort or tennis skort. The bottoms are about like Boxer briefs but mesh and are then topped with a skirt. the shorts have pockets on each side for a phone or whatever. I really like them. its equate to wearing just the undies due to freedom of movement.

I found another nifty one at goodwill too that is a bit looser in the shorts part. it is comfy too. bonus is you dont have to stress about what one may see underneath. lastly I found a skort by Liz Golf at the thrift store. Looked like a upscale patterned pair of shorts (but its a skirt) on the exterior with a very loose fitting undershort. I ended up cutting out the undershorts and just making a true skirt out of it and they worked wonderfully. got a few compliements too.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have some skorts that I removed the inner mesh shorts from. I like the comfort and freedom of skirts and think "skorts" defeat the purpose. They don't really fit male proportions, and they are harder to wear when needing to pee. I wore one all day today when hiking in a national forest.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: They don't really fit male proportions, and they are harder to wear when needing to pee. I wore one all day today when hiking in a national forest.
I completely agree here. like wearing shorts with regards to bathroom breaks. the Tennis Skort I have has triangle seaming in the front that is surprisingly comfortable for the anatomy.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Wearing skorts I have always found "it" slips down the side of the inner pant as they are not designed to hold gentlemen's parts in place (they should be...!!). However I have finally found a skort which keeps things firmly in place; and the skirt part is very light and easy to wear.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAVY-GIRLS-W ... 4l8ioVRVcw

https://imgur.com/bVZdOIs

https://imgur.com/WGpIHEA
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Wearing skorts I have always found "it" slips down the side of the inner pant as they are not designed to hold gentlemen's parts in place (they should be...!!).

Skorts have three types of undergarment constructions:

1 a simply boxer type loose fitting
2 a brief form fitting panty
3 a compression short (think bike pants)

Which one is suitable for your endeavors is your own intimate decision.

OH and then there is the PRIME option of simply cutting out the interior construction making this a true SKIRT !
Caution here the hem line of the skort is generally shorter than a similar skirt - so you are back to square one - what to wear beneath with adequate coverage !

Skorts lovem or not they offer options and alternatives !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

I have a very nice box pleated skort with a sewn-in panty. It was marketed as a golf skirt and therefore it has very deep, most convenient slide pockets.

When buying it, it was my intention to remove the panty, but the construction made it difficult, if not impossible. Therefore I kept it and it is still most comfortable to wear.
However, pantyhose must be worn under the panty, meaning that by toilet visits the skort must be taken off. Here regular skirts have a big advantage. No big problem, I seldom wear pantyhose.

Regarding going commando, r.m.a. has a good point, I think.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

GerdG wrote:I have a very nice box pleated skort with a sewn-in panty. It was marketed as a golf skirt and therefore it has very deep, most convenient slide pockets.

When buying it, it was my intention to remove the panty, but the construction made it difficult, if not impossible. Therefore I kept it and it is still most comfortable to wear.
However, pantyhose must be worn under the panty, meaning that by toilet visits the skort must be taken off. Here regular skirts have a big advantage. No big problem, I seldom wear pantyhose.

Regarding going commando, r.m.a. has a good point, I think.
Very nice, although if the inners are an issue, maybe wear a fine pair of undies ("womens" or "mens") as well as I do, which doesn't spoil the feel of the skirt but makes a visit much easier?
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I know the skort has an unsavory reputation among us true skirt wearers.
One of my recent el-cheapo Costco purchases was a S.C. & Co. skort.
I figured what the hey, I can just rip out the built-in panties and wear
it as a skirt. I haven't done that yet.
This is really a well-made little garment. I find it comfortable as-is.
Somewhere between above-the-knee and mini length. Five pockets.
Broad elastic waist band, no belt loops, just pull it on. I got the first
one in black (extra-large) then went back for one more in blue light-wash
denim (large). They have several other colors and patterns. I paid $15.99 each.
I wear it for normal shopping and business, walking the dog, garden work, etc.
It would be perfect for golf.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I happen to like skorts and I regard them as wide-leg shorts of mini length. The one illustrated is pleated back and front which I like, but alas lacks pockets, which I'd like to have retro-fitted.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !