Hello

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Freefrom

Re: Hello

Post by Freefrom »

hillaryskirt wrote:
Freefrom wrote: Hi hillaryskirt and thank you. Yep, 'being brave enough' has been an issue for me too but then again I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't give a stuff about what other folks perceive. On occasion and when appropriate, I feel comfortable wearing trousers, shorts or a skirt. The choice is mine. That choice depends on what I'm doing, who I'm with, where I am or even the weather, all of which is pretty much the same freedom that one half of the worlds population already enjoy. I'm joining in! :D
You have a very good attitude. It's all about freedom isn't it? I have a somewhat nuanced situation because I do have gendered aspects to my own situation however I do so like a nice skirt - to wear as a man why not - and my personal favourite is a nice Navy blue A line midi skirt. I do like it to be traditionally tailored and well made with a nice satin/nylon lining. And this I'm perfectly capable of wearing with a mans shirt. :D
Who said... 'It takes all sorts to make a world'? Blow the stereotype (excusing the pun) I'm going to wear what I feel comfortable in.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Yep it sounds basic but I am only now realizing how comfortable a skirt is to wear.
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

hillaryskirt wrote:Yep it sounds basic but I am only now realizing how comfortable a skirt is to wear.
Hope I never fully get used to it or else I might take it for granted and lose the novelty and joy. :)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Hello and welcome. You found the best cafe on the internet and have begun a beautiful journey.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Freefrom wrote:Hope I never fully get used to it or else I might take it for granted and lose the novelty and joy. :)
If, for some reason, you have to put on pants or even shorts, the moment you go back to skirts you will know the difference.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

beachlion wrote:
Freefrom wrote:Hope I never fully get used to it or else I might take it for granted and lose the novelty and joy. :)
If, for some reason, you have to put on pants or even shorts, the moment you go back to skirts you will know the difference.
Hang on a moment; that sounds like words I've heard before. If it's not working , switch it off for a while, then switch it back on again? :o
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Freefrom wrote:
beachlion wrote:
Hang on a moment; that sounds like words I've heard before. If it's not working , switch it off for a while, then switch it back on again? :o
In this case it is not a matter of on or off but the one or the other. ;)

You might lose the novelty but not the joy.

Your remedy might work for computers when software is corrupted and need a reset or reboot.
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

My apologies beachlion: you are quite right. As yet I am every bit :) as clumsy to convey my sense of humor as I am to wear a skirt in the public domain. :)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Freefrom wrote:My apologies beachlion: you are quite right. As yet I am every bit :) as clumsy to convey my sense of humor as I am to wear a skirt in the public domain. :)
In the field of humor, I have the same problem, only amplified by the language barrier. ;)
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Guys I like all your comments. And so welcoming. Yes I would never want to lose the freedom and hit of wearing 'forbidden clothing' [skirts], and, shock, of enjoying it. I'm not sure how I'll adjust to winter wear and dare I say wearing layers, but for now it's a cool linen skirt and bare legs in this heavenly summer weather and that is hard to beat even if I do get the odd look.
Enjoy one day at a time. :roll:
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.