The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am sure that we have all had those instances when maybe we got up a little late , were trying to get dressed , and we are searching frantically , looking in the closet on the chair and in the laundry looking for our favorite shirt or pants.

Well had that yesterday , I over slept, I was rushing around trying to get dressed the only difference was that I was looking for my favorite SKIRT.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

oldsalt1 wrote:Maybe if they spent less time practicing and consulting and more time working with patients, medical bills would be cheaper :lol: :lol: now please lift up your skirt :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have been an architect for years but only the last few I have been practicing in a skirt .......... one day I will get it right.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

iT snowed over night not much a couple of inches I had to run some errands but I could see that things were pretty clean

I went out wearing my above the knees denim skirt ,tights , knee boots. And a jacket.

The first place I stopped at was the bank I got out of my car and started walking towards the entrance. Than this cute young thing I would say mid twenties came out of the bank She was wearing heavy coveralls work boots and a jacket We met up by the door she gave a look towards my skirt than she smiled and said I think we got this backwards.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

oldsalt1 wrote:The first place I stopped at was the bank I got out of my car and started walking towards the entrance. Than this cute young thing I would say mid twenties came out of the bank She was wearing heavy coveralls work boots and a jacket We met up by the door she gave a look towards my skirt than she smiled and said I think we got this backwards.
Youth and wit too, I'm envious.
The next youngster would have probably been completely underdressed.
Steve.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I was in my favourite café and two Female Naval Personel sat down..One was wearing her flying overalls...possibly a navigator ...The other was wearing
heavy boots trousers and officers uniform.....I seriously considered going up to them in my skirt and saying.........
" All the nice girls love a sailor " ...............L O L.....In my dreams...........weeladdie
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Got one for you. I was working out in my yard and my neighbor needed my help . Where we were there is about a 3 foot block wall between the yards. Its a little to tall for me to jump over. Usually what I would have done was throw one leg over sit on the top than swing the other leg over. But I was wearing my work skirt.

I was wearing briefs so that wasn't the problem . But in order not to flash him I had to sit on the wall than keeping my legs together swing them over.

I realize its not a big deal but its one of those things that you just have to think about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:I realize its not a big deal but its one of those things that you just have to think about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
You definitely know you've arrived when actions such as this become automatic.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote:You definitely know you've arrived when actions such as this become automatic.
Ha ha so my recent enforced decorum has a plus side after all, clouds and silver linings etc.
Oldsalt, the smallest thoughts may often count for the most.
Steve.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

In situations like that, when something was not up to standard with clothing, I always remember what my mother used to say:"If you move fast enough, nobody will see it." ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Sometimes when wearing pants I find myself keeping knees together when reaching down, or entering my car by sitting, then swinging both legs in together, etc. Better than if the habits carried the other direction, I suppose. Actually, I find it interesting to learn how to do things in a skirt with proper decorum. Only now realized why women and girls (used to) curtsy - bending the knees with one foot behind the other keeps the skirt covering the essentials, even though the knees are slightly apart.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

AS I was coming out of the bank there was a lady coming in I grabbed and held the door for her . She smiled grabbed the door and said you first your wearing the skirt
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

What a wonderful excuse for a quick conversation and an exchange of smiles! These are some of life's sweet moments.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Daryl wrote:
denimini wrote: My point was; what was under a kilt needn't be interpreted stereotypically , hence the reply needn't be predictable:
"Are you accusing me of shoplifting?"
My favourite witty reply is "your sister's lipstick", but that probably wasn't a good idea in that situation (female cop asking). Maybe some reference to shoplifting would have gotten me frisked, but alas I am not quick witted enough in such situations.
Another reply could've been, "I'll charge you a dollar to tell you, $5 to show you, or $10 you can find out for yourself!" :lol:

-Rick
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Not sure where to post this, but, I noticed an add pop up on my facebook page. Evidently I've been determined to be someone who might buy a manly skirt. The site is a storefront called "Mr. Turk", and this is the first time I've heard of it.

Anyway, they have a few skirt/ kilt fashions, not at all what I'm used to seeing. They are pricey, as fashions tend to be, but the designs are created specifically for men.
What I like is that this shows there is active marketing for men's skirt designs. They had some wild fashions for pants, but the skirts were a bit more conservative to my eyes. Not bad.

Here is a snip from the site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Problem is that I found NO SKIRTS for sale on the site. The posted photo above is selling the shirt, no sign of the skirt.

The Trina Turk site has some interesting items, at a price, price and a price. https://www.trinaturk.com/designer-dresses/