Next on the wish list

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Next on the wish list

Post by moonshadow »

So I've (Sorry Ray)

I've been thinking about adding a few more legitimate "man" items in my collection of skirt/dress like garments, and I've been paying attention to some of the selections over at Garb-The-World, and I've got my eye on their tunica. I rather like that this is a legitimate "mans" garment so it's a nice passive aggressive way of sticking the finger to the naysayers of society all the while experimenting with new and fun styles!

They can also be paired with pants for when the situation calls for it... because... you know... pants are important on a man if we intend to keep the world spinning on its axis... :roll: :lol:

I might try and snatch one of these up by the summers end...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Next on the wish list

Post by Darryl »

Moonshadow, NO!

IF you get pants to go with the tunic, Find a friend or neighbor or local fair where you can get a ride on a horse and have some pictures taken in the tunic and pants on the horse. VOILA! Now you are a cavalryman. And if there are any local Renaissance Fairs, they are fun. :D

If you get involved in a group that puts on plays...well, you dress to get in the mindset....what is it....method acting.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Next on the wish listibiliit

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Moon,
Yeah and why not, just be inventive and explore all the possibilities.
I was wearing a male shirt with a pinafore dress on Sunday and it worked for me.
I had also looked at using a Viking based tunic design but changed my mind.
Remember the discussion about Joan of Arc, I still like the idea of that outfit too but the budget is not so keen.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Yeah even the tunica is a bit pricey for now. It's difficult to justify almost $100 for a garment when I literally have e a closet o overflowing with skirts and dresses that work just fine. Maybe later....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:YIt's difficult to justify almost $100 for a garment when I literally have a closet overflowing with skirts and dresses that work just fine.
I've got the same issue. At the moment, I'm trying to justify this, but that's a fall/winter/spring skirt not a summer one and I have plenty of the latter.
Maybe later....
Probably, but sometimes one must strike when the iron is hot (so to speak) before the style sells out and goes unobtanium.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Looks like I will have to get busy and look over this site: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/546131892288035436/

Then acquire some fabric and...."make it sew!" :lol:
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Darryl wrote:Looks like I will have to get busy and look over this site: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/546131892288035436/

Then acquire some fabric and...."make it sew!" :lol:
Looks like some great ideas on this page.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Moon

Sentence structure - yay!

Pants (sic) - nay!