Our joint Facebook Account.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Our joint Facebook Account.

Post by dillon »

JennC03 wrote:If you see yourself through the eyes of others, you'll never see yourself through your own eyes.
I think we need to have both visions, because only then can we discern the jaundice.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Good connecting with you on Facebook, Jen. I note you wrote, regarding skirts
Moon and I keep that off Facebook.
I noticed a picture of Andrew in a skirt in your pictures today. Has that changed, or was that an oversight? Looks fine to me.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jenn doesn't add family or coworkers to that account so it doesn't really matter if there is a photo of me skirted on there.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

One for Moon, Couldn't resist it.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Jim wrote:Good connecting with you on Facebook, Jen. I note you wrote, regarding skirts
I noticed a picture of Andrew in a skirt in your pictures today. Has that changed, or was that an oversight? Looks fine to me.

Since I have no family or his work added I've included some of Moon. If family is added then I keep it off Facebook same with his coworkers. I won't add people he works with we're not going through that again.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

"Family" or coworkers won't be added.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I've closed our account. I'm not feeling Facebook anymore. Just not the same. Everyone picks apart what you do. Barely anyone comments or interacts with you. Moon liked reading articles but he's not for Facebook so I'll just stick to the Cafe. I'm probably not going to be posting on the Cafe much either. Probably every once in awhile as this site can get a little bit over the top for my liking sometimes. Anyways thanks for the friendships. Take care now.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, you know what I've often said about Facebook... it's the sewer of the internet.

YouTube is getting that way too.

Pretty soon the whole damned world wide web is just going to be one big sewer. This website and my banking website is about the only thing I access anymore. I've been meaning to update my webpage, but it takes so long to write the html files, I find it hard to get motivated to invest the time required to write material that nobody ever sees. :lol:

Oh well... it's a beautiful day... I'm going outside! 8)
-Andrea
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

That was short and sweet! oh well.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Big and Bashful wrote:That was short and sweet! oh well.

It's reopened however Moon and I are neutral in what we post. It seems certain things people will Nick pick apart. I'm not exactly sure what interest people into Discussion. For now we'll enjoy the outdoors.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Jim wrote:Good connecting with you on Facebook, Jen. I note you wrote, regarding skirts

No it wasn't a slip I added it for a reason. I dont have coworkers or family added. My point was if I did I keep skirt photos off. Not because we care what they think but because Moon needs his job right now. His last job gave him loads of hell right up till he left it.Don't want my family going through that again.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

JennC03 wrote:

No it wasn't a slip I added it for a reason. I dont have coworkers or family added. My point was if I did I keep skirt photos off. Not because we care what they think but because Moon needs his job right now. His last job gave him loads of hell right up till he left it.Don't want my family going through that again.
I noted under a now locked thread, that Moon was not happy with the reactions of the world to his skirt wearing, reason for him to rethink skirts outside the premisses if I'm not mistaken. In essence what is written here by both Jenn & Moon is a reflection thereof. I do think that "social"networks like FB tend to set the norm of jeans (= the new Chinese uniform). FB and it's likes have brought us in the post 1984 world of Orwell. Also the fact that we are to often with to many at the same place at the same time, causes behaviour which might be qualified as narcistic. Self interest is becoming a major motivation. Influencers (not limited to journalists) have become important as means of advertising. Democracy is de facto passé with leaders of countries doing a sort of "pissing contest". That attitude doesn't go well with the attitude of live and let live (tolerance & respect being core values of the SC). Also articles starting of with "what you never knew about", or "10 thing you have to know" or "this is the may to do" are forms of mindsetting whilst using old info and presenting it as something new. The spirit of the flower power era is there still but only in name.
The (cyber)world outside SC is dangerous! :)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I noted under a now locked thread, that Moon was not happy with the reactions of the world to his skirt wearing, reason for him to rethink skirts outside the premisses if I'm not mistaken. In essence what is written here by both Jenn & Moon is a reflection thereof. I do think that "social"networks like FB tend to set the norm of jeans (= the new Chinese uniform). FB and it's likes have brought us in the post 1984 world of Orwell. Also the fact that we are to often with to many at the same place at the same time, causes behaviour which might be qualified as narcistic. Self interest is becoming a major motivation. Influencers (not limited to journalists) have become important as means of advertising. Democracy is de facto passé with leaders of countries doing a sort of "pissing contest". That attitude doesn't go well with the attitude of live and let live (tolerance & respect being core values of the SC). Also articles starting of with "what you never knew about", or "10 thing you have to know" or "this is the may to do" are forms of mindsetting whilst using old info and presenting it as something new. The spirit of the flower power era is there still but only in name.
The (cyber)world outside SC is dangerous! :)

Moon wasn't happy that in every post pertaining to skirts people brought politics into the equation.Such to the point it made him question if it was even worth wearing skirts anymore because people wouldn't find the joy in life they're too busy complaining over things they can't change. That was Moon's point in the locked thread. Sometimes the behavior of the world gets to people it doesn't mean he worries over what society thinks or feels he should do.He was clearly stating how all this bickering makes him feel when hes out and about because people can't look past their bigotry and hatred that they bother a man in a skirt who couldn't even harm a fly. If people just spread more good in this world than all the hate and complaining that flies in this world I swear we'd be at peace within ourselves.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Jenn:

I couldn't agree with you more that is it puzzling that so many people seem to not be able to enjoy the gift that is life. A little acceptance of others goes a long way towards happiness. Letting go of what can't be controlled seems to be really difficult for many (if not most). It's too bad cause we aren't here for long, and complaining about things doesn't usually change a thing. My guess is that even if the world was perfect someone would always feel shortchanged.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Hey everyone!

If anyone has Facebook and wants to add me here is my link.

https://www.facebook.com/RufusMama18

I also use Instagram my name on there is RufusMama18

Ps.Fredinskirts I couldn't find you on Facebook.