Skorts: Yes, no or personal preference

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skorts: Yes, no or personal preference

Post by dillon »

partlyscot wrote:Scooters, or apron skirts, no. I used to think the same about actual skirt/short combos, but have since changed my mind. IF, the undershort, is suitable. By that I mean stretchy, like a boxer brief, and they usually need a little tailoring. My previous objection was that as they integrated underwear, they required daily washing, and that would mean needing more, and was thus in my mind, inefficient. Since I've ended up buying more than I need, also too many skirts, then it's not a problem, as they are almost always very easy wash. As they are shorter than I normally wear, the security against exposure is reassuring, even if there is no functional difference to the usual arrangement.
That’s a problem if you treat the shorts like underwear, it requires daily laundering. I wear something else beneath, usually a jock or thong or dance belt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Yes

I'd say yes for the concept as a short skirt lookalike. I have 2 skorts, but they are short like short shorts.
I like that they look like a mini skirt and can go higher hemline without the practical problems of a fitted skirt with higher hemline.

You can safely wear a very high hemline... and its like short shorts on your bottom.
That's why I choose the skort - for modesty.

I don't have any longer/baggy skorts - mine are very short, ie the hemline is level with thumbs - or a little higher.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

a Gal friend who is also a festival attendee told me I should try a skort. the ones she had came with a button and little fly which for my use is not as comfortable as just a soft waistband. after looking at the 100's of them on Amazon, I elected to go with this one as it was a more athletic style.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073N ... UTF8&psc=1

So, here is the Nitty Gritty on it. I bought XL. I am 5-10, 227 with built legs. The shorts underneath were like a short pair of boxer briefs. they are MESH so they are cool. the Pockets fit my larger smart phone easily. the shorts are snug and do not move. I ran 3 miles it with zero issues. Not quite as breezy as a Lacrosse Skirt but it was comfy. One hidden detail is the front of the shorts part is not the straight seam up the middle. it is a Triangular stitch that works extremely well with the male anatomy. way more comfortable than some of my UA compression shorts. you can see it slightly in the video.

I have bought other products form this company for the Mrs and she loves them (longsleeve athletic sweaters).
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Take a look at women's golf skirts and skorts. Some sporting goods and golf stores carry them. The proportions are different for a man. The distance from the crotch to the waist is proportionately less, therefore they don't fit as they are intended to be worn lower. If you pull them up they won't stay up. I carefully remove the inner shorts and they are great. I like them for walking and hiking. They are almost straight up and down so they look more like shorts. They are in several places on line who sell golf and tennis clothing and accessories.

I also like scrub skirts and have them shortened to the top or middle of my knee. They are inexpensive, frequently on sale, light weight, soft, and comfortable. They come in several colors and have nice pockets.

My skirts and skorts allow unlimited stride and ventilation. I am cautious when getting in and out of a vehicle, look behind me, and use the door for cover. Same when sitting, as in a restaurant. I am careful which direction I am facing. I don't go commando.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The best part about golf skorts Big pockets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

I have a number of Skorts. I wear them for cycling and doing jobs around the home (as in the pic after a spot of DIY).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Take a look at women's golf skirts and skorts. Some sporting goods and golf stores carry them. The proportions are different for a man. The distance from the crotch to the waist is proportionately less, therefore they don't fit as they are intended to be worn lower. If you pull them up they won't stay up. .
I can completely understand as the ones I have tried on for hiking were not comfortable. however the one I linked does wear very very similar to a pair of running shorts and the shorts part fits good and holds things where they need to be. I wil wear them in 2 weeks and if uncomfortable plan to cut the shorts out. but they are short.