Our joint Facebook Account.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Our joint Facebook Account.

Post by Elisabetta »

Tonight I've made a Facebook for Moon and I to use. I know Moonshadow24301 says hes not much of a Facebook guy but don't let him fool you. I know sometimes he likes to read articles. I know some of you don't have Facebook and that's fine but for those that do shoot us an add!

We'd love to have you all add us. Our links below.

https://www.facebook.com/jenni.cocke.7
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Our joint Facebook Account.

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi,
I do Facebook, but keep my skirts away from my Facebook presence. Where I work being different is not a good idea, they do know about my skirtery thanks to being seen in public by someone who spread it. I don't deny it but still don't want it promoted. Also members of my family still do not know along with some of my friends. As I do not have that many friends and think some might not appreciate my sartorial choices I choose to avoid the possibility of losing friends or alienating relatives just by publicising the fact that I like to be comfortable.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Big and Bashful wrote:Hi,
I do Facebook, but keep my skirts away from my Facebook presence. Where I work being different is not a good idea, they do know about my skirtery thanks to being seen in public by someone who spread it. I don't deny it but still don't want it promoted. Also members of my family still do not know along with some of my friends. As I do not have that many friends and think some might not appreciate my sartorial choices I choose to avoid the possibility of losing friends or alienating relatives just by publicising the fact that I like to be comfortable.

Hello Big!

Moon and I keep that off Facebook. Last time he posted a skirting photo it caused issues with his last job. I don't add people to Facebook that would cause us issues with what he wears. Mostly add our accepting friends that take no issue in how he is. All of our photos are only shared with friends and our Facebook is friends other nothings public. Never add people you work with or family that don't accept you. Less of a headache and drama for you.

Have an awesome day my friend!
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

I'm so anti-Facebook. I keep connected to the important and supportive people in my life by text, phone and in person when possible. Facebook has shown that they respect advertising revenue over your privacy. Their advertisers are the customers, not the users. I would be concerned that my pics could end up on another's page and then go public. And with the internet, there's no erasing the past. I was on FB for 6 days and hated it. I especially didn't like all the political hate speech. I don't understand the concept or attraction and choose to be off the grid.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Hi Brad, On my PC I never see adverts on Facebook because I block all ads, if a site wants me to allow adverts I just look for another site. OK on my iPad and iPhone I can't do that, so I don't use facebook on them much. Also for personal security, I have not listed my address, birthday or any other identifying details other than my name and lists of favourite groups, books etc. It is purely a tool to keep in touch with folk and when I am bored, share the occasional kitten vid or music video amongst friends with similar taste and sense of humour.
It works for me, more so since last June when my social life (a local hotel that sold real ale) closed. Now I can often leave work on a Friday, not speak to anyone until I go back to work on a Monday morning, so facebook, Twitch and youtube keep me sort of slightly sane.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

JennC03 wrote:Tonight I've made a Facebook for Moon and I to use. I know Moonshadow24301 says hes not much of a Facebook guy but don't let him fool you. I know sometimes he likes to read articles. I know some of you don't have Facebook and that's fine but for those that do shoot us an add!

We'd love to have you all add us. Our links below.

Hi, Just sent you a friend request (phil wood)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Brad wrote:I'm so anti-Facebook. I keep connected to the important and supportive people in my life by text, phone and in person when possible. Facebook has shown that they respect advertising revenue over your privacy. Their advertisers are the customers, not the users. I would be concerned that my pics could end up on another's page and then go public. And with the internet, there's no erasing the past. I was on FB for 6 days and hated it. I especially didn't like all the political hate speech. I don't understand the concept or attraction and choose to be off the grid.

Hi Brad

I totally understand that. I'm a social butterfly so I love interacting with people. Always been my thing. I actually don't mind phone calls texts and such but since Facebook has launched it's hard to get anyone to keep in touch off the site. I don't stay on there long maybe the most an hour or less. I use it so that I can read articles and find things in groups that interest me. As far as pictures are concerned those pictures wont matter after I die it's not like I'm taking them to my grave. Why I keep my Facebook on lockdown and only add people I can trust.

Have a wonderful day!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am on FB about 3 times a week and only stay on about an hour at most. I like to check on the very few friends that I have that are on FB. As far as my skirts I have skirted pictures on it sure and I have only received good comments. But then again I only have a few friends and family on FB. I wear skirts and dresses all of the time and everywhere I go so anyone seeing a picture of me in a skirt is a mote point.

I do not worry about others view points of my skirt wearing, I do not wear them to please anyone but myself.

All of my friends and family are good with my skirts and dresses anyway.

I do not judge people by how they dress or what they wear, I judge them on their reaction to me. :twisted:

I am 76 years young so it makes little difference what they think. :evil:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I never mention skirts on FB, but they show up from time to time. I don't worry about it just as I don't worry who sees me when I'm out and about.
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Hi jenn, I clicked on your link, but it says 'page not available' ??

Maybe it's me, I'm basically crap with computers! I'll try again later..
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

I use facebook just to while away boring times..though I do follow some groups that are of interest to me, like local history and classic American cars ( I know, I know!) However I never take it seriously, because 99% of the content is banal rubbish!

I do however post pics of me in my skirts, just to wind folk up!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

bridkid wrote:I use facebook just to while away boring times..though I do follow some groups that are of interest to me, like local history and classic American cars ( I know, I know!) However I never take it seriously, because 99% of the content is banal rubbish!

I do however post pics of me in my skirts, just to wind folk up!

I love old classic cars. They're pretty cool to look at.

Try that link should let you. Copied straight from Facebook.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I keep skirts off my FB too, but thinking that will soon change. The trouble is that I never take selfies, and my wife's photos cut me off at the waist when I'm skirted, LOL.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

As far as skirts and FB go. I post photos of myself in skirts. If someone doesn't like it then that is "their problem not mine". :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

If you see yourself through the eyes of others, you'll never see yourself through your own eyes.