Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Elisabetta »

Is this thread now about elections or about Politics? Can we get these threads back on the actual topic? Getting really annoying chiming in after being away for awhile to see major thread drifts and nothing about the topic at hand which is Out and About in a skirt.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Please tell us about your recent experiences out and about with skirts. Keep us on the right track (thread). I am sure it will be more interested than what the politicians are doing, or not doing.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

JennC03 wrote:Is this thread now about elections or about Politics? Can we get these threads back on the actual topic? Getting really annoying chiming in after being away for awhile to see major thread drifts and nothing about the topic at hand which is Out and About in a skirt.
Ok Jenn you asked for it. This could do more harm than any political discussion. I am not sure if the café can take the shock

Old salt in a knee length skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:
JennC03 wrote:Is this thread now about elections or about Politics? Can we get these threads back on the actual topic? Getting really annoying chiming in after being away for awhile to see major thread drifts and nothing about the topic at hand which is Out and About in a skirt.
Ok Jenn you asked for it. This could do more harm than any political discussion. I am not sure if the café can take the shock

Oh boy look at those knees!!! :lol:
Actually the dress looks fantastic on you..
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:Ok Jenn you asked for it. This could do more harm than any political discussion. I am not sure if the café can take the shock

Ha! Quite the opposite, actually.

Dan, that knee-length number actually does your frame a whole lot of favours and looks much better balanced than the short skirts. I give that look top marks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Dan,

I also give the knee length skirt outstanding marks :!:
The 'visual balance' between top & bottom is EXCELLENT :!:
On a scale of 1 to 5, I give that outfit a 10 :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I agree with the others Dan, that's a keeper!

Where'd ya snatch that up at?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote:

You look Radiant Dan!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

JennC03 wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:

You look Radiant Dan!
Thank you Jenn!!!!!

I know thread drift is a natural phenomenon and does happen. Lately it seems to be really bad there in the café. Take your ADHD meds. Please :P

I have been flusterated with the amount of thread drift. Try to keep on topic or tie it to the topic somehow. I have gone back to read some really old threads on a given topic only to find that quite alot of that thread is all over the place.

Thank-you :hide: :hide:

I'm going to Create a "political" thread in the off topic section of the forum.

Keep it a civil discussion, agree to disagree, keep it clean, and keep it above the elastic waist band of your skirts.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The SKIRT or is it a DRESS both look the same color ?

Old Salt has his arms crossed across - what would be a waist band dividing line ?

In any event nice looking outfit Old Salt - as usual - exemplary profound good taste !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

I concur in respect of the balance. I do think that the colour make you a bit pale looking, BUT that might be the effect of colour alteration by the camera and/or screen.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Thanks for the comments. Its a DANI"S Choice skirt I got it on amazon. I guess that I carry matching things to an extreme.

I seem to think that monochromatic outfits are less obvious and don't stand out as much.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

On Wednesdays, I go to a weekly peace vigil on Main Street outside the county courthouse. It was about 80°F so I wanted something short, but I think I look weird enough standing on a street corner with a sign that I don't want to add wearing a skirt on top of that. So I wore one of my convertible denim skirts. I fastened the button between my legs during the vigil, then undid it for my various shopping errands.
DSCF3379cs.jpg
DSCF3378cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I've just had a great afternoon. I was on early shift so finished at 11:00. I got home, changed, blue canvas shoes [0], light blue knee length skirt and white England shirt. I had some money to pay in and my nearest bank is in York City centre. I was going to cycle in but my front tyre was low and I managed to flatten it trying to top it up. So I walked in and thought that I would get some exercise. Went in, paid the money in and went to a chippie [1] and had a pattie [2] and chips. Suitably filled up I was walking past the chippie and there were a family of three adults looking at the menu in the chippie's window. I stopped to recommend the pattie and found that they were from Sunderland a tad further north of here. So we had a bit of a chin wag. Not a mention of the skirt, nothing. I said goodbye and was on the long road north when I passed a Bingo place with an old woman standing outside smoking a tab [3].

She called to me, "Chilly?"
I said, "Nah, I'm cool enough but a bit warm when the sun shines [4]."
"I thought you'd be cold."
"Nah, I find skirts cool and warm depending on the skirt, its length and what it's made from."
"Well, you're hurting noone."
"True. I wear a skirt because it's comfortable, cool, because I can and I really don't give a toss what others think. I've just been in town [5] and I can guarantee that 99.9% of the people didn't notice."
"Well we're not all the same."
"That's right". I never have been like all the rest."
"Good for you."

So, all in all, a really good day.

[0] A BIG, mistake, HUGE as there wasn't enough support for the soles of my feet and they really were giving me gyp by the time I got home.
[1] A fish 'n' chip shop. Colloquial term.
[2] On the menu it's a fishcake but really it's two big slices of potato with a slice of fish in between, generally cod or haddock, fried in batter. Greasy, yes, Healthy, nah. Scumptious yes, and filling and cheap.
[3] Cigarette, no smoking indoors anymore.
[4] Sunny in between drifting clouds, about mid seventies so warm enough not to require a jacket or jumper.
[5] Even though York is a City the centre would still be a town, as in, "I'm off t' town, ya' cummin'?"
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Wine pullover, black shoes, grey pleated skirt and tights. Today's ensemble and jolly comfy too.
The morning outing was for elevenses and crossword. The crossword was an abysmal failure due to distraction by a very jolly 15 month old.
His Mum seemed surprised as apparently he doesn't take to strangers very readily. That was a very pleasant way to spend an hour or so.
I'm not going politico but I also cast my vote and the skirt raised nary an eyebrow there either.
That's including Mrs K who acted as chauffeur. She obviously reckons that my civic duty trumps my fashion choice.
Steve.