The One Percent...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The One Percent...

Post by Fred in Skirts »

john62 wrote:But was that because of skin not being intacted?

John
No it was the fact that the seat contained a caustic solution and was not properly removed and had dried so was not detected before I sat down. The caustic reacted with the sweat and caused burns and blisters. Then they became infected and spread down between my legs. My Dermatologist took away my trousers and shorts and put me in skirts. This lasted for about nine weeks until it had all healed.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

So it was due to the improper use of a cleaning agent on the seat and not by any bacteria on the seat as that would presumably have been removed by the cleaning agent. The infection would have come later as a result of damage to the skin. I don't worry about the toilet seat. I make sure it's not wet with urine and use a piece of tissue to give the seat a quick wipe.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

dillon wrote:Want to know the most heavily contaminated thing you’ll touch today? It’s the steering wheel of your car. Every virus and bacterium that you contact with your hands gets deposited there, and few of us ever think of disinfecting it.
Intellectually I know you are right, but psychologically I am so much more afraid of coliform type bugs. I absolutely will not touch any part of a public toilet. Ever. At all. I will do everything in my power to avoid using a public restroom at all; if I do need to use one I keep contact to a minimum and keep a paper towel between my skin and anything I touch after washing my hands. On the rare occasion that I can't hold back a bowel movement before I get home, I'll hover a few inches over the seat rather than come into contact with it. I'm far less compulsive about it at home, where only my wife and I share germs.

What's weird (besides that) is, I don't care much about any other kind of filth. I'll eat dropped food off the floor; I'll let my recyclables pile up until my house looks like an episode of "Hoarders"; I'll re-use plates and glasses over the course of the day without rinsing them off. And yes, even knowing about the germ factory on my steering wheel I won't be changing any habits with regards to its use.

I'm sure my fear of bodily waste borders on full-blown phobia in its irrational intensity, but I don't care.
Ralph!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

dillon wrote:Want to know the most heavily contaminated thing you’ll touch today? It’s the steering wheel of your car. Every virus and bacterium that you contact with your hands gets deposited there, and few of us ever think of disinfecting it.
And here I thought it was cash! Money gets handled by all sorts of folks who touched all sorts of things first, many without washing their hands. And despite what you hear about, money rarely get laundered...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Dust wrote:
And here I thought it was cash! Money gets handled by all sorts of folks who touched all sorts of things first, many without washing their hands. And despite what you hear about, money rarely get laundered...
I could make a current headlines joke about money-laundering, but it would just upset a few politically hypersensitive folks here.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

dillon wrote:
Dust wrote:
I could make a current headlines joke about money-laundering, but it would just upset a few politically hypersensitive folks here.
It is no wonder that the money exchangers were thrown out of the temple !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !