Return of anti-crossdressing laws

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Return of anti-crossdressing laws

Post by moonshadow »

So I was thinking

When the powers that be in the supreme court finally decide that what's between a person's legs doesn't apply to the civil rights act of 1964 or the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment what are you all's plans when the nation returns to a patchwork of anti-crossdressing laws?

And if you don't think it will come to that (I think it's just a matter of time), then just hypothetically speaking......

Well, I decided since we'd be a full blown theocracy at that point, why not wear what Jesus wore? I'll pay my friends at Garb the world a visit, order a a few caftans (won't be allowed any colors, that would be illegal) probably just white and black, after all judges wear black robes. Oh and don't forget some very short Roman tunics!

Then I'd wear an inverted pentagram necklace sometimes and maybe Baphomet's sigil on other days, when someone ask me my religion I'll tell them I'm a Satanist, and I've come to eat their children.

But hey... I'm not wearing that which pertaineth to a woman...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Return of anti-crossdressing laws

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:So I was thinking

When the powers that be in the supreme court finally decide that what's between a person's legs doesn't apply to the civil rights act of 1964 or the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment what are you all's plans when the nation returns to a patchwork of anti-crossdressing laws?

And if you don't think it will come to that (I think it's just a matter of time), then just hypothetically speaking......

Well, I decided since we'd be a full blown theocracy at that point, why not wear what Jesus wore? I'll pay my friends at Garb the world a visit, order a a few caftans (won't be allowed any colors, that would be illegal) probably just white and black, after all judges wear black robes. Oh and don't forget some very short Roman tunics!

Then I'd wear an inverted pentagram necklace sometimes and maybe Baphomet's sigil on other days, when someone ask me my religion I'll tell them I'm a Satanist, and I've come to eat their children.

But hey... I'm not wearing that which pertaineth to a woman...
I’ll move to a “Free State,” burning my way through the Bible Belt in a way that would make General Sherman look like Santa Claus!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Why do all the free states have to be in areas with hard winters?

Is it too much to ask to have a warm free state?

What about New Mexico... ? you don't hear them on the news much.....

Kinda hard to say how Virginia will swing. Some say we're "blue", but that's just people who either don't live here, or are New England transplants.... I know better.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Move over here. York is fine, little snow, tolerant people [0]. A lot of advantages. No sign of anything anti-crossdressing over here. The politicians are a bit tied up with other issues!!!! You may even get MOH to change her mind if enough of us get together.

Incidentally I have a few passes this week and next. MOH has given up the Chinese takeaway but is working at her garage full time until the end of next week. So my free time during the day will be spent skirted and as the weather is rather warm I'm delighted.

[0] I never get any hassle wherever in the city I should wander.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:Why do all the free states have to be in areas with hard winters?

Is it too much to ask to have a warm free state?

What about New Mexico... ? you don't hear them on the news much.....

Kinda hard to say how Virginia will swing. Some say we're "blue", but that's just people who either don't live here, or are New England transplants.... I know better.
Vancouver in BC has mild winters compared to most of Canada, but you do have to put up with eyebrow level cloud cover....
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I myself am not worried about what the idiots in all government offices (1) end up doing. I will probably not be here then. If it happens at all it will be at least 20 or more years in the future. I am 76 and would be 96 then if I live that long.
So to quot a song I know:
"Don't worry, be happy!"
As tomorrow is not guaranteed to come. We must live for the day and not worry about whats next.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I failed to realize that under the new order, I can't be a Satanist. And I'm sorry Dillon, Santa Claus will likely be outlawed too. We'll all be required to pledge our soul to the state church.

Still, they might let me be Muslim or maybe a Jew if I promise not to get in the way.

As for York, I've heard nobody wants us Americans on a permanent basis.

As for Canada, they're building a wall too! :lol:
Fred in Skirts wrote:I myself am not worried about what the idiots in all government offices (1) end up doing. I will probably not be here then. If it happens at all it will be at least 20 or more years in the future. I am 76 and would be 96 then if I live that long.
So to quot a song I know:
It doesn't do any good to worry about it anyway. I myself have a little longer to go. I'll do the best I can. Maybe it won't be as bad as I imagine, but still yet, I'm worn out with evangelicals constantly aiming to legislate their religious code onto everyone.

Recall the incident you had in Walmart where the young woman made a big ruckus about you coming through her line and refusing to ring your order.

Imagine that happening at the DMV when you try to title a car, or the county tax office when you pay your taxes. Why? Because the modern day Pharisees have ordained that people can pretty much refuse to do their job provided they do it in the name of Jesus
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:I’ll move to a “Free State,” burning my way through the Bible Belt in a way that would make General Sherman look like Santa Claus!
Dang, now there's a vision! Bringing their own version of fire and brimstone to the zealots personally. There's something poetic about that, but the notion will run afoul of every single police department on the way and they have very big guns and no restrictions on how they use them.

Might as well face it, in the "Bible Belt", the Taleban [3] have won. The central government isn't going to step on them unless they impinge on the profits of the oligarchs. The Supreme Court [1] of the land will side with the Taleban unless commanded otherwise [2].

[1] In post-Constitutional State, what role does a "Supreme Court" play, anyway?
[2] Due to the current ideology of its members. However, they will follow orders if given (or else).
[3] "What's the difference between the Afghani Taleban and the US Taleban?" "The US Taleban wear neck-ties."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:When the powers that be in the supreme court finally decide that what's between a person's legs doesn't apply to the civil rights act of 1964 or the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment what are you all's plans when the nation returns to a patchwork of anti-crossdressing laws?
I'm not sure that's likely to happen. They can try to attack the notion using the LBTQWTF linkage, but as we've seen not every skirt-wearing guy fits into that bucket. They can try it using Deuteronomy, but that'll torque off the entire female sex and isn't likely to happen. The only way I can envision it happening in any sort of widespread manner would be if it threatened Corporate Profits, and that's not the case as we have to buy our skirts somewhere or at least the fabric to make them ourselves.
A dual-level structure isn't impossible to rule out, but would represent the worst of all worlds for the bottom 99.999% of the population. The top 0.001% enjoy the riches generated by the bottom group, and the bottom group get Taleban rule so long as it doesn't threaten Profits. However, I'd rather not think that way; it's simply too damn depressing. (Not to mention that what we know of as "society" will have stopped functioning by then when the infrastructure collapses.)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: They can try it using Deuteronomy, but that'll torque off the entire female sex and isn't likely to happen.
Oh no no... That's not the idea. See, humans with a vagina shall have the right to choose what they wear, be it skirts, pants, dresses, or whatever. Humans with penises will no have such liberty. That's what I meant when I said that the 14th amendment (equal protection of the laws), as will as the Civil Rights act will not matter because "sex" isn't counted. Thus, women can do things men can't (or won't before long) do.

Full anti-crossdressing laws would likely legitimately be constitutional, provided they applied to male and females alike, but we all know women will reserve the right to wear whatever the hell they want. And it won't stop and men in skirts, transgender women will also be prohibited in certain areas.

No no... no court is going to do anything to piss off vagina females...

I don't think it will be a nation wide ban. It will be up to the states and localities to decide, like I said, a patchwork. If you look at a local election map of any state (by county), areas shaded in blue will probably be legal [0]. All red areas.... no.

Ahhh... Maybe it will be alright. I'm..... 70... no 80% sure I'm overreacting about all of this. Still... I simply loathe the hypocrisy that is present in our society.

[0] Blue areas located in the former Confederate States (a.k.a. "the south") also will be illegal. State legislation will ban the practice state wide.
-Andrea
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:
except force them to have the baby of their rapist.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote:

Would that mean that transgenders could be referred to as vagina males and v.v.?
I'm happy to see that there is someone in the US seing that the US has totalitarian tendencies. The display of defence force, wanting to police the world, the signing of the national anthem at the start of classes at schools, highway patrols who left the contents of their head at home, the need of competition as collective, etc. often also the double moral. on one side Victorian as …., on the other side the the breading grounds of playboy, penthouse, facebook, google, Apple, etc. Al directed at supremacy and thus welcome to beyond 1984. The influence of the church on daily life. One day I had a discussion with someone, working for a financial institution as riskmanager and very religious. When I posed the question how he could super critical doing his job and taking for granted what the preacher said, he said I had "shot him with a double barral gun". Seeing how government institutions react to cries of expiration under circumstances and how religion is used to block freedom of speech. And if Deuteronomy is put to use again as book of law, will the women be obliged to wear scarfs with the tassels placed accordingly, will adultery be penalised by stoning again? The double agenda always present.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

partlyscot wrote:
moonshadow wrote:No no... no court is going to do anything to piss off vagina females...
I'm glad to note that this hasn't escaped notice out in the real world. The scary thing is that it's highly likely to be upheld in the "Supreme Court" due to the ideology of its members now. That's going to be a very interesting decision to watch as it'll verify one way or the other whether the USA has had a complete breakdown of effective law and order and we are now officially a two-class system with the upper class having unlimited privilege and the lower class being, effectively, enslaved.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Answer this. Is it easier to be transgender now than it was 20, 30 years ago the same thing with those in the LGBTQ . This is because of the influence of the 'X generation and millennials.

As these generations mature they will only gain more power as the old guard simply die off. . If you need proof just look at the freshman US congressional members. Eventually these are the people who will gain power.

Just look at what is happening , a low level judge from a circuit court can pass a ruling and defer and almost invalidate a presidential order. This never happened before.

With out getting political things are changing. and the speed of the changes is increasing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
True. Very true.
Gusto10 wrote:Would that mean that transgenders could be referred to as vagina males and v.v.?
The "Surpreme Court" will rule that transgendered people don't exist. There is no such thing... end of story.

Trans-men will be allowed to live in their "delusion" but they won't be able to change their ID of birth certificate. They likely will be allowed to use the men's room. Becasue... why not? Being a man is just so cool!

Trans-women will be referred to conversion therapy to cure them of their sickness. Most likely sent to religious camps where there will no doubt be accusations of rape.

But what does that matter to this court? Hell, at least they can't have an abortion!
-Andrea