2019 Met Gala - Harry Styles

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

2019 Met Gala - Harry Styles

Post by FranTastic444 »

He turns up in a sheer jumpsuit looking, in my opinion, pretty good (though I would have skipped the earring). I'm no fan of the Sun, linking here because of some of the pretty lame comments at the bottom of the article (and a handful of really positive ones). Just goes to show that we face an uphill struggle with certain sections of society with regards to people being able to wear what they want.

The shoes were block heel, not stiletto - not unlike the sort of thing that pop stars wore in the 60's and 70's. The bottom half of his outfit just look like baggy trousers It is only really the top (and the earring) that comes from the opposite side of the aisle. Returning to one of my earlier posts - a great example of gender blending.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 2019 Met Gala - Harry Styles

Post by STEVIE »

That is certainly a gender blend outfit and with a little adaptation could certainly make a mainstream fashion too.
The main point would be that it would have to "hang loose" from shoulders to crotch to avoid a certain discomfort.
Mr Styles' would have been made to measure and once more, cost would be an issue for retail purposes.
Appropriate name, haha.
Steve.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 2019 Met Gala - Harry Styles

Post by dillon »

STEVIE wrote:That is certainly a gender blend outfit and with a little adaptation could certainly make a mainstream fashion too.
The main point would be that it would have to "hang loose" from shoulders to crotch to avoid a certain discomfort.
Mr Styles' would have been made to measure and once more, cost would be an issue for retail purposes.
Appropriate name, haha.
Steve.
I want to say that it’s a bit femme for my taste...but I can’t, because I have a long draped skirt of which the lower two-thirds is sheer/transparent material, as is his top. I suppose I wish only that I had the upper body physique to pull off that look. Although it wouldn’t be with a pantsuit.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...