Festival guy

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
FestivalGuy

Festival guy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Ok. Well not your typical music fest guy but I do attend a major one annually. A few years ago after suffering from chafing and other heat and sweat related issues, I decided to buy an elkkmmando kilt from mountain hardware. Wow. What a breeze of fresh air! Since then, I have added a tartanista women's kilt, and what was termed on Amazon as a lacrosse kilt. The MH kilt was too long for me. I prefer running shorts a few inches above my knee and I have short, soccer player muscle legs. Anyways, the tartinsta is quite hot (synthetic wool) but I love my lacrosse kilt. It's 14" and athletic material. Last year I bought a festi skirt. Tie die, flowy and about 2" above knee. So super cool and comfy.

To add to my festival apparal this year I bought a super nice REi hiking skirt and wow. Just love it's length and material. Lots of pockets which is essential at a fest. I cannot wait to wear it in June.

I live in a small quite conservative place so I probably won't wear it out here but I did the day I bought it in the big city and it was quite enjoyable.

So I went to a skirt strictly for comfort. Paired with a thong or moisture wicking briefs. I am married, 2 kids. Wife knows I wear them to fests but not keen on else. Not wearing to be feminine, just for the comfort. Also shaved legs last month (started due to injury and needed to tape my knee) and wow. So nice feeling and so easy to wash up when working outside. Anyways sorry for the ramble. I look forward to reading and participating.

Here are a few pics. 1 of me in New skirt and one from fest last year.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Festival guy

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome Festival guy!
Your pictures did not come through. :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Welcome!!
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

:welcome:
Hi and welcome to the best forum on the web I have found for help, advice and encouragement for guys that want to wear skirt/kilts for everyday wear. Personally I wear my kilts just above the knee and my skirts mid thigh length. My personal indicator for skirt length is, if you put your arms and hands down by your side and the end of your longest finger touches bear skin and hemmed of your skirt then it's just right, if the end of your thumb touches bear skin then it's too short.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Thanks for the welcome. I'll post from my PC later this morning.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Welcome. My first kilt was also an Elkommando (too bad they are discontinued).
The comfort can't be beat. I have found the mountain hardware kilts designed for women to be perfect. They are light, just the right length and there are pockets. I think they also might be discontinued but plenty of them are out there (Poshmark)

Good luck. :D
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Thanks again. I will look into their others in due time. I really do like the REI ones. I wear a 36 Jean and the womens Large fit very comfortably (and looked really good) but was a bit snug on the front and did show some printing from equipment so I went to the XL. It is looser in the waist but has a nifty drawstring to assist. Afforded good stretchy movement.

pics were too large to upload. let me see how i can post them as the [img] code does not seem to work.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Just to try Post image.

beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

If you use PostImage you better choose Thumbnail for forums. It gives you a small picture. Click on it and it gives the reader the full picture.

Welcome to this forum. It looks like you started like more guys started, first kilts and then updating to skirts. I also wear skirts primarily for comfort. You realize their comfort when you have to wear pants for a short periode of time.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

So, just for fun, I wore a skirt on business travel down time. Ran in a skort one day and a skirt the day after on the popular running trail. No issues. Also went to dinner at a brewery and a Thai place too. It was so comfy.

skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Good work, FG, keep it up!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair