Old Men ?

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
hillaryskirt

Re: Old Men ?

Post by hillaryskirt »

dillon wrote:I’ve heard it said that ear hair is an indicator of testosterone. If that’s the case, I must be more virile than ever. Please explain that to my man-parts, someone. :(

Of course it could be that the hair follicles from my thinning noggin have formed their own migrant caravans and are using my ears like tunnels beneath the border wall. :lol:
Lol. Anyway isn't that what those Swiss Army knife tweezers are for?
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Daryl wrote:
Yeah it's pretty obvious when I am freeform theorising. A theory that fits the facts may be nothing more than a story in a pretty petticoat, but I can deal with that. :wink:
Daryl, that is a really nice image. :wink:
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

One of the accessories for my "beard and hair management device" is for dealing with ear and nose hair. I use it about weekly.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

: Old Men ?

Post by oldsalt1 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:35 pm
I guess wearing a skirt while driving a car is a form of auto gynephilia :lol: :lol: :lol: Just what I need another mental condition to deal with

Thanks for guffaw!! Clearly an old guys amusement as we enter the age of where our social calendar reads: Dr. ....; Dr. .....; Dr. .....

As it was discouragement at the number of skirt wearing men and the apparent "elder" age of those posting here that I opened this thread, I am now a bit more optimistic as another one of the "explanations" here rings true: The young guys are too busy making a living and having fun, they do not have time to piddle around posting on sites like Skirtcafe, and they do have Facebook and other social media they use daily whereas some of us old geezer abhor the cold and inadroit play of language and social connection found by the likes of tweeting -- example, King Twit's* daily disseminations -- so this site may accurately reflect an age bias of posters but skew the age stats of skirt wearing men as a whole. Or, maybe that too is is just another afflictions of isolated ancient synapses!

* Without apology; for ye lucky enough to not be Yankee centric, the reference to King Twit is the trump card -- who ain't funny.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

oldsalt1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm As one of the older members of the cafe. :roll: :roll: It seems to me that a lot of the members are in their late 60'0 early 70's there seems to be a recent influx of younger members which is great.

I can't say why there are so many older members. . Could be that we have all reached a point in life where we are tired of doing whats expected and are going to do what we want.

could be that we just don't give a flying F--k about what people think.

Could be that many of us have a few less restrictions about jobs.

This is just a blind stab but I think that if you averaged the ages of say the 25 most active members you would probably end up about 60 years old
I could not have said this better. You echo my sentiments exactly!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

I too fall into the late 60’s category. I’ve not been a member long but feel comfortable at the cafe. Don’t get along with the antisocial media as it’s too unregulated and open to abuse Under the watchful eye of “THE MODERATOR” we’re kept in order, sometimes. When I see some of the posts that my wife brings to my attention from Facebook, Twitter etc. it leads me to believe that most here have a more mature and considerate attitude, irrespective of actual age. Bear in mind that “King Twit” is of advanced years but fails to exhibit either of those attributes
:roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Shilo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:07 pmI too fall into the late 60’s category. I’ve not been a member long but feel comfortable at the cafe.
I'm 59 at the moment, and getting older by the day, so the above is not a stable number by any means. I felt welcomed here from the outset when I joined sometime in the early naughties, and my sense of style has been continually evolving.

Lt. Dan makes some very good points about the age of the membership here when it comes to matters of stability and comfort as to where we are in life. I'm very glad that we have some "young blood" here in the community, and wish them the very best as I was once there (as were all of the "elder" members at one point in time). I'm also very happy that some of the younger set have the bravery to stand up to the injustices imposed on male vs. female fashions; I would not have had the guts to do that in the early 1980s. Not even close.

Would I like to see more 20-somethings take up skirt-wearing? Absolutely. That sentiment also goes for all the other age groups. The more that challenge the status quo the better. "Many hands makes for light work." as the old saying goes.
Under the watchful eye of “THE MODERATOR” we’re kept in order, sometimes.
Of note here is the "THE MODERATOR" isn't one individual but a team: a team comprised of an odd number of individuals who when things get tight vote on matters and we go with the majority. As the site administrator, technically I possess the power to override decisions, but never have and keep a pledge never to unless there are compelling technical reasons to do so (and in matters of moderation there never are). Also of particular note is how seldom we need to get involved with things. This is both by design and by good providence thanks to the nature of the community. We do not need to intervene the overwhelming percentage of time. One of the things that I cherish about this place is the high quality of discourse, and I fervently hope that holds -- a small island of civility in a seemingly wholly uncivilised world.

I have no dealings with Facebook or Twitter; however, what I hear from others is those are mostly a swamp of hate and general incivility, and I frankly don't have time for that noise.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm 78 this year and workin' on ketchin' up with RMA, but he keeps gettin' his nose ahead.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I agree wholeheartedly with what Carl said. I have been impressed with the high standard of discourse and the depth of knowledge some have on particular topics. Yes, there's the odd heated to and fro on certain topics but they tend to be ones where emotion can impede on logic and folk get entrenched in their sides. I remain here because I benefit from what is posted and for the encouragement I get to wear my skirts out. Next week I'm on holiday and MOH is at work so I shall be venturing out skirted round the shops, visits to my workplace and so on. It will be the first real chance this year to do this. I'm 65 and 66 in June. As of this month I start to receive my State Pension and I suppose that I could retire but I enjoy my job - store sales on the checkout. I get to meet and talk to folk, there's no stress with the role and I get very little negative feedback from my bosses who pretty much leave me alone so why should I give it up? My being out gives MOH some time on her own to do her thing and it keeps me active. So all benefit. I certainly don't do it for the money!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I'm 58, but feel older thanks to having used my knees and back up! Skirting in public less and less just now, due to foul weather and I guess I just don't go out much these days, unless I am helping out at the local village hall where I don't skirt. There are a lot of old folk around here and just in case it puts some closed minded folk off I put the hall and the audience first. For things like beer festivals or nights out (very rare) I will still apply the kilt, normally informally with a polo shirt rather than the full rig.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 pm I'm also very happy that some of the younger set have the bravery to stand up to the injustices imposed on male vs. female fashions; I would not have had the guts to do that in the early 1980s. Not even close.
To be fair, very few people would, myself included... That was a different time, and I wouldn't be surprised if old crossdressing laws were still being enforced in some more backward parts of the U.S. in those days.

Ironically though, crop tops were acceptable... and guys seems to like their shirts buttoned pretty low...

But then again, I was just a snot nosed fussy toddler in those days...

https://youtu.be/hCuMWrfXG4E
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
miniskirtern

Post by miniskirtern »

Hi, New member from Guernsey CI. a very conservative place so only at
home, love my denim minis to relax. I'm also older guy (61.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

miniskirtern wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:17 am Hi, New member from Guernsey CI. a very conservative place so only at
Welcome to you also. Maybe your own intro elsewhere?
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Gusto10 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:47 am
miniskirtern wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:17 am Hi, New member from Guernsey CI. a very conservative place so only at
Welcome to you also. Maybe your own intro elsewhere?
Yes, 61 is not old :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Very few of you young whipper snappers are really that old :lol: .
I am 77 and there area few that are older than I but not that many.
Besides Kirbstone who else is older than Me???? :arrow: :hmmm:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.