Attracting more looks than I do when wearing a skirt.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Attracting more looks than I do when wearing a skirt.

Post by Freedomforall »

Today I had to go to the Opry Mills Mall. I must add that I absolutely deplore malls. If I need something I usually buy it online. However, today I had to do a mystery shop at the New Balance store. I decided to wear my colorful overalls from Wicked Dragon. I chose an Allen Flusser shirt with tiny flowers on it. Let me tell you folks, this outfit was show stopping to say the least. The mall was packed with it being Easter. I received more than a dozen odd looks and blatant stares from mostly men. I passed by a juice bar and the two women stopped what they were doing to watch me walk by. I looked back once I passed. They had moved to seek another vantage point to stare at me. The attention did not really bother me except that some of the men were the redneck type and "eyeballed" me pretty hard. Basically I think folks around here need to get out more if I am the best dressed person they have to look at. All I can say is, "keep looking, because next time I will be wearing an even more eccentric outfit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Attracting more looks than I do when wearing a skirt.

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I can see why you got the looks! But I can not see any thing wrong with it it looks great.
So if the looks were from the red neck gentry of the area then they really do need to broaden their horizons. And of course being Opry land The folks usually are a bit backwards as well.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I can see why you got the looks! But I can not see any thing wrong with it it looks great.
So if the looks were from the red neck gentry of the area then they really do need to broaden their horizons. And of course being Opry land The folks usually are a bit backwards as well.

So very true Fred! And quite humorous as well. I always enjoy and welcome your comments, etc. I could hear banjo music playing in my head after I read your comment. Thank you for the compliment!
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Reminds me of the overalls I wore in the 1970s. Not quite as colorful, but with hippie looking patches including a big multicolored mushroom across the entire bib. I had them with me in the Navy and got pigeonholed and shunned by the old heads and redneck types. I just liked to relax in something comfortable while off duty on liberty.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Freedomforall wrote:So very true Fred! And quite humorous as well. I always enjoy and welcome your comments, etc. I could hear banjo music playing in my head after I read your comment. Thank you for the compliment!
And you are quite welcome too!
As for being humorous I stand guilty in front of you. :twisted:
I do not try to be humorous but when it happens it is usually pretty good...

Fred
Mon Aug 15 15-49-31.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Definitely an ensemble of many colors! Cool beans! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

JeffB1959 wrote:Definitely an ensemble of many colors! Cool beans! :lol:
Hi Jeff! Thank you for the compliments. I do love colorful ensembles.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Taj wrote:Reminds me of the overalls I wore in the 1970s. Not quite as colorful, but with hippie looking patches including a big multicolored mushroom across the entire bib. I had them with me in the Navy and got pigeonholed and shunned by the old heads and redneck types. I just liked to relax in something comfortable while off duty on liberty.
My wife was in the Navy from 1999 to 2005.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Being a child of the seventies too, I owned a shirt in that pattern.
Don't remember overalls though.
We were culturally deprived up here in those days.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Now here is where we differ, FFA. The only time I buy clothes online is from ebay and then am very careful as to what I'm buying. I contact the seller for measurements. I prefer a shop, a real meat space shop where I can see the garment, feel the material and even try it on. Even so, I only buy when it is on sale and would never pay more than £5 for a skirt and £10 for a dress. Primark is a favourite shop.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Freedomforall wrote: I decided to wear my colorful overalls from Wicked Dragon.....
Nice, I hadn't come across Wicked Dragon before, but looking at their site they have plenty of interesting clothes, including skirts. Great to see that you are wearing something that would be considered alternative for most, outside of perhaps some festivals.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

SkirtsDad wrote:
Freedomforall wrote: I decided to wear my colorful overalls from Wicked Dragon.....
Nice, I hadn't come across Wicked Dragon before, but looking at their site they have plenty of interesting clothes, including skirts. Great to see that you are wearing something that would be considered alternative for most, outside of perhaps some festivals.

Thank you! That made me smile! I felt very festive and you are right about Wicked Dragon. I plan on ordering a skirt or two from them.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oh my God I love it!

Seriously! I want a pair to wear in those situations (parents) where I'm required to wear two tubes!

Is there a direct link?

Dennis, you might consider some if these for wearing around your boss lady! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote:Oh my God I love it!

Seriously! I want a pair to wear in those situations (parents) where I'm required to wear two tubes!

Is there a direct link?

Dennis, you might consider some if these for wearing around your boss lady! :lol:

Moon I am glad you like them. They are very comfortable and almost as breezy as a skirt. Here is the link to them. If you are interested in ordering let me know. I have my sites on another color and we might could split the shipping cost somehow. Here is the link: https://www.wickeddragon.co.uk/mens.html