Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sounds like way too much work!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

You nailed that fact, Bro! Old men don’t need this kind of stress. Still, I can spend my senior years working or spend them dying.

I’m relaxing, post ophthalmologist appointment, with a couple good Old Fashioneds with a Four Roses bourbon. I’ll nod off soon. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote:You nailed that fact, Bro! Old men don’t need this kind of stress. Still, I can spend my senior years working or spend them dying.
I’m relaxing, post ophthalmologist appointment, with a couple good Old Fashioneds with a Four Roses bourbon. I’ll nod off soon. :lol:
Me I prefer to spend my late seventies relaxing in the sun. Drinking slightly sweet Iced tea. I have worked all of my life since I was 14 years old. At 17 I joined the US Air Force and have been working since, until I fully retired a few years ago. Now I enjoy and wear my skirts and relax in the sun when it shines. This week I refuse to go out and fight the Masters Golf traffic. Let the rich fools walk all over the green grass and drink their Mint Juleps, NOT ME! I will enjoy the peace and quiet of my 50 acres of solitude.

Fred.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Well, I’m back from MD as the rather poorer owner of a 2009 GMC 750 dump truck. And in negotiations for a Bobcat compact track loader.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hospital appointment yesterday and all is proceeding well toward "Boogy Woogy". The staff now have me firmly fixed in their memories and I didn't have to identify myself at any point to anyone. I did have to do a memory test though. I could have saved them the bother, I know that I am quite mad really.
There were some very delightful conversations too, both skirt and non-skirt related. One staff member said that she admired my "attitude". That was a great compliment in my book.
Then out and about in town later and all was good there too. The only pity is that Kennedy Mansions is not a very peaceful place at the moment.
Ah well, that's life in a skirt.
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Stevie,
Great to hear things are going well and that good progress is being made.
Compliments and converations on skirts are always great to hear. I get no problems out and about shopping or at bridge or golf courses. Recently as I noted elsewhere here, they asked me where my skirt was when I deigned to appear in trousers at golf. When I went back to my skirt, no comments were made except one fellow gave me a wide smile. 8)
Sorry to hear that the Mansions and not so peaceful...
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
nervous walker

Post by nervous walker »

Hi all, following the success of the previous Sunday's outing to the paper shop, petrol station and the park (in sightings in the wild) I decided to do it again, the paper shop was a small one with just a few older men coming and going so nothing said. I then went to a local country park with lots of different trails available. There were quite a few smiles and hello's a few smirking smiles (as in there is a man in a skirt and tights and I don't know how to react). After about half an hour I turned to walk back again and had a seat at a picnic area about 20 feet from the path and all was ok until a 20 something man was riding past on his bike and screeched to a stop, the exchange went as follows;

What are you wearing????

I give a quizzical look and said, who me?

Are you wearing tights?

Yes,

Why??

Because they go with this skirt, (50 D black tights with a Primark short black plain skirt)

You should go all the way and shave your beard off and wear make up and a wig!!

Why?

Because thats what you blokes do,

Not me, I don't want to look like a woman i just like the clothes

A few splutters, a shake of the head and he rides off

I continue on to the car park, a few more smiles and hello's some british embarassment that would not meet my smile. One lady would not acknowledge me but her golden retriever had other idea's and she had to retrieve him from around my legs with a very red face and embarassed smile.

After that I went to the local Tesco superstore garage for fuel, no comments there so all in all a very good day and am planning the next outing as I write.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I can say that I've never had anyone suggest I go full blown "crossdresser" before.

I will say that some of my most positive encounters are on walking/biking trails. Few people say much about the skirt, in fact mostly people are just friendly in general.

Must be something about biking/walking trails that brings out the best in people.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

A few obvious observations about Nervous walkers encounter.

Glad your day went well despite the one nosey f—-er. There are always those who have no sense of personal space, or are simply thoughtless cranks.

It seems to be that sort who also have a need for “square pegs, square holes” thinking. I.e. everything and everyone shall have a standard label. They must be clearly separable, must fit neatly into cubbyholes and comply with categories. There is no room for anything else. Those folks are dysfunctional when confronted with someone who defies their labeling. And that either leaves them dumbfounded or angry. It’s mental overload.

Yet perhaps too he saw you as fitting your outfit well, and that too overwhelmed him. I suppose it could have been a backhanded compliment, for him to suggest you might be or should be naturally transgender. In that case, well done! You must have dressed impressively.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, I've never encountered anything like what nervous walker did. I for one would chalk that up to that guy being an uninformed dolt with no concept of clothing not having any specific gender assignation.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

My outing this morning. Went to local shopping mall did some shopping at the Pick & Pay then to Wimpy for breakfast, stopped at a clothing store (no skirts in stock as usual) Then to beach front for coffee. No comments only a couple of look.
20190414_122401-483x644.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

At a friend’s 50th party last night in Glasgow. About 30 in all in an ex serviceman’s club (a small hall). I was in grey kilt, grey kilt socks, grey rugby shirt and brown shoes and sporran with flesh tights underneath.

The rig went down really well. No mention of the tights! Back to another party which finished at 4am!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

melsav wrote:My outing this morning. Went to local shopping mall did some shopping at the Pick & Pay then to Wimpy for breakfast, stopped at a clothing store (no skirts in stock as usual) Then to beach front for coffee. No comments only a couple of look.
You are looking very comfortable! I think that outfit would be good for running around the town. BUT You need to get more sun on your ankles and feet. They are way tooo white against the rest of your legs... :lol:
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
melsav wrote:My outing this morning. Went to local shopping mall did some shopping at the Pick & Pay then to Wimpy for breakfast, stopped at a clothing store (no skirts in stock as usual) Then to beach front for coffee. No comments only a couple of look.
You are looking very comfortable! I think that outfit would be good for running around the town. BUT You need to get more sun on your ankles and feet. They are way tooo white against the rest of your legs... :lol:
Hi Fred, you are right I do need more sun on my feet have just been too busy of late to spend much time barefoot on the beach. :lol: :lol:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Finally saw Peter Jackson’s documentary “They Shall Not Grow Old” tonight. Very good film. Wore a black wrap mini with maroon tights, black clogs, and gray sweater. I heard some laughter as I left the checkout in a supermarket. Maybe I didn’t notice remarks and rudeness in the past, but it seems to have gotten much worse and out-loud under the current political regime of ugliness over the last year or two.