Model's Boyfriend Wears Skirt at Festival

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Model's Boyfriend Wears Skirt at Festival

Post by Stu »

Kaia linked arms with Tommy, who was clad in a purple skirt and royal blue tee, as they laughed and joked together before sharing a sweet hug.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... hella.html

skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Model's Boyfriend Wears Skirt at Festival

Post by skirtyscot »

Interesting. The writer was more concerned with the sleb's double denim, and with the fact that her mother was famous, than with her companion's unorthodox clothing. His skirt gets a mention in the headline and in the body of the article, but it's no more than a statement of fact. It does get called trendy, but everyone knows it isn't. I got the impression the journo couldn't be bothered thinking of a better word, it just wasn't interesting enough to the writer or the reader.

So all in all a good article. The man's skirt is treated as being unremarkable, which is where we want to get to.

The comments, remarkably, show a similar lack of interest in the man's skirt.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Considering the publication, the article isn't too bad.
I just hope that the pair aren't competitive about mentions and column inches.
Methinks someone has a hard working publicist onside too.
Steve.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

He looks nice in his skirt but hardly a mention in the article I, more of a matter of fact more than anything.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, the fact that he is apparently confidently wearing a skirt is commendable and the picture and article low key but ....

.... as I would expect he is showing the normal male lack of colour coordination and taste. Blue top, lilac and purple skirt, what look to be black socks [0] and white trainers. Is this what we can expect if and when men start to wear skirts, present company excepted, of course. We have mostly learned the lessons by observation and a bit of background study. Hey, got to have some legitimate reason for observing the "opposition", right?

[0] Not fond of the skirt and ankle socks look. He would have been better with those very short no show socks or no socks at all.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Thanks for posting this (good eye). I think that, for some, the skirt is much more trendy than we give it credit.

Tommy Dorfman has plenty of exposure wearing different skirted outfits. He is well known to "teens" and is a spokesperson for "ASOS x glaad" for the gender fluid retail clothing line. He identifies as "Non-Binary", and is dedicated in blending male and female styles universally. https://www.glaad.org/blog/glaad-launch ... ermovement

This stuff is obviously high fashion but the whole idea sounds good to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

When I saw the picture at the beginning of this posting, the first thing that came to my mind was:"How can somebody walk with those skinny legs." Is she the grand-daugther of Twiggy? I'm afraid I'm not much of a celeb follower so I did not dive into the article or much of the following messages. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote:Well, the fact that he is apparently confidently wearing a skirt is commendable and the picture and article low key but ....

.... as I would expect he is showing the normal male lack of colour coordination and taste. Blue top, lilac and purple skirt, what look to be black socks [0] and white trainers. Is this what we can expect if and when men start to wear skirts, present company excepted, of course. We have mostly learned the lessons by observation and a bit of background study. Hey, got to have some legitimate reason for observing the "opposition", right?

[0] Not fond of the skirt and ankle socks look. He would have been better with those very short no show socks or no socks at all.
Sinned,
Lets not go all fashion police on the kid. He is doing his best and in very delightful company too.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Mystery sunglasses dropped in one of the photos....

Skirt doesn't look particularly comfortable. Looks too tight.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:Well, the fact that he is apparently confidently wearing a skirt is commendable and the picture and article low key but ....

Would have been better for the both of them to switch their footwear - skirts & boots - denim shorts & tennies - JMHO.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Very few bad remarks in 94 comments regarding his skirt... looks a little thin (although lined), and needs a slit at the back, but not a bad choice :)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I like the skirt. It's purple, that's always a good start. And it looks fine. It does look like it restricts his stride, but if he's happy with that, who are we to argue?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Criticism here aside (and I agree with some of it), the whole thing is a positive step. The article was not critical of the guy's skirt, which is huge. Let's take this as a win.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry, but wearing the hem of the shirt projecting below the hem of the skirt I cannot let go without comment. It just looks, well, plain silly.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Sinned wrote:Sorry, but wearing the hem of the shirt projecting below the hem of the skirt I cannot let go without comment. It just looks, well, plain silly.
I agree. It looks like he eater pulled the skirt up too high or is wearing a shirt that's too long, but that's high fashion for you.