Skirt from a pattern

For those do-it-yourselfers...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Skirt from a pattern

Post by beachlion »

I found a very instructive set of videos about sewing your own clothes on YouTube. Check out "Anita by design."

She did a few starter projects and one was a circle skirt. I liked to see how it would differ from my approach so I bought the pattern and used the last of medium weight denim I had in store. I liked the professional approach of the pattern but is was much more complicated than my own way of making skirts.

Before cutting fabric, I checked the sizing of the pattern. Measuring the pattern pieces, I had to go down one size. When I was doing the waist section, I still needed to take something in at the waist. The orinal length was 25" but I shortened it by 3" to have the hem at the knee. Following the instructions was doable, certainly with the help of the videos. More experience will improve the easy of following these compact instructions. You have to learn the code. ;)

I'm reasonably satisfied with the result but in the future, I will stick to my own simple designs.
P1010129q.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt from a pattern

Post by Fred in Skirts »

From the picture I would say you did a fantastic job. It looks very professional.

Keep up the good works. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That's an awesome job, BL -- one definitely to be proud of.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Thanks for the praise. I still feel more at ease with wood- and metalworking.

It just hit me: the next project might be a suit of armo(u)r. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak