Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by STEVIE »

Not a guy but a girl. The skirt was made from a sack(burlap) and looked really cool, Practical and hard wearing, it looked comfy enough with the right legwear.
Perhaps an idea for you creative types out there.
On another point, the original "klan" had ethnic Scots amongst its founders. It is not a great source of pride that I share a family name with one.
I'm glad to read that it is being successfully discouraged.
Steve.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

STEVIE wrote:Not a guy but a girl. The skirt was made from a sack(burlap) and looked really cool, Practical and hard wearing, it looked comfy enough with the right legwear.
Steve.
Rather than sack material, could it have been linen?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Partlyscot, nope, definitely sacking or burlap.
The girl rocked the look too.
Steve.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I would like to see a picture of one of those.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Without talking to the wearer first, I wouldn't have taken a photo and I didn't have the chance.
It certainly had a "home-made" look though.
Steve.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Does anyone have any references to the Klan ? ...I can remember hearing about them back in the !950's ...Thank you ...weeladdie
nervous walker

Post by nervous walker »

I am hoping that I have become a " sighting in the wild " today. MOH was off at her mums for a few days so I planned an outing with the help of a friend who would gauge reactions and take some pics. First stop was a co-op for the Sunday papers, a few double takes but no comments either way then on to a busy petrol station, same result, then we walked to a small local park, got one slightly hostile and confused look off a man but the lady with him wasn't bothered. Once in the park we took some pics but there was no one about until we were leaving and a man came in walking his dog, looked and quickly looked away and fixed his gaze to the front so he could pretend we weren't there..... we had a little chuckle at that one. All in all a successful day and one I want to repeat soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

TO: Nervous Walker

Please describe what you were wearing for your venture to "in the wild"
I am curious about what gets noticed and what doesn't.

OK, now I see the pictures. I don't anyone would take much note of your outfit one way or the other. They may say "unusual", but I don't think most people would even care. I am out in parks, trails, and preserves often and I don't wear tights or leggings. I am mostly unnoticed.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

weeladdie18 wrote:Does anyone have any references to the Klan ? ...I can remember hearing about them back in the !950's ...Thank you ...weeladdie
Yes. They're active, though they don't really have any teeth. Most people don't take them seriously anymore.

I found this documentary some time ago... it pretty well explains it (the Klan today): https://youtu.be/HFwOF9VTvhA

If you live anywhere in the U.S., you're probably not much further than an hour or so from a local group (this includes the west coast states). They're misguided, but pretty harmless these days.

I do have my reservations about wearing my old green robe out and about. Despite the fact I really like the robe, sometimes I think it may be mistaken for a Klansman robe... which is an image I DO NOT want to portray!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Aw, Moon, go for it - just don't wear the matching pointy hat with the eye slits :lol: How can green be confused with white? Or are they getting tired with the old drab white and want a bit more colour?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you Moon ...the clan are celebrating a 150 years of white supremacy in America....still trying to attract the young into racial violence

Sinned....Perhaps this is where the klan have a problem with colour.......L.O.L..................
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Spotted in Prestonpans near the old jail, grey haired gentleman in black twill (?) calf length skirt, black boots and leather jacket.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Not quite a sighting, but spotted a vanity licence plate that read "KILT WRR" which I of course read as "kilt wearer". Didn't get a look at the driver...
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Dust wrote:....a vanity license plate that read "KILT WRR" which I of course read as "kilt wearer".....
How about Kilt Warrior :?: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I don't know how many of you have watched "Forged in Fire" A show about black smiths who are set to make special knives in a competition. I like the show and have noticed that lately several of the contestants have been wearing kilts. Which I think is really cool. The one tonight said he was wearing his kilts because he was Scottish and English. Most do not even mention it at all they just wear them.
:D
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.