(Good) Comments are king.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: (Good) Comments are king.

Post by moonshadow »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Not all right wingers are jerks
I concur. One thing that I think most of us must get over, if we want to succeed in building confidence in ourselves while we wear our chosen outfits, is that we mustn't judge people by who they vote for or their political positions.

I have been guilty of this. I'm working on quitting the behavior. As I progress in this endeavor I find that I can walk in my conservative region with my head held high and wearing skirts becomes a lot more fun!

I've seen the left side be judged just the same too... so this advice runs both ways. I've had women scoff at my outfits while sporting a Bernie Sanders sticker on their car, and I've had people with MAGA hats on shake my hand, and vice versa.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

Judgment calls are the basis of our lives. We make many such calls every day, sometimes without even being aware of it. The problem arises when we make such calls for the wrong reasons. People only see the outward appearance, God sees the intention of the heart. So, since we can not really know the heart of another, it is always best to cut slack.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

mishawakaskirt wrote:I consider myself very right wing conservative. I wouldn't hassle you. Not all right wing ERs are jerks or any other word you want to call us.
Right, I should have probably specified it more precisely, I just used a milder word. He is actually a bit racist and he thinks there’s nothing wrong to call people names even if the words he would use are deeply offensive to them (e.g. he doesn’t have an issue with the N-word). I however think that is due to him being badly educated and being under the influence of Russian propaganda, which, unfortunately, has some popularity among lesser educated people here.
I don’t exactly know how you define what is being a right-wing conservative, but I’m fairly certain you would not want to be friends with right-wing people from this country.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have been called all sorts of names because I am a Right Wing Conservative, even though I wear skirts and dresses. When possible I try not to judge others as they judge me. In other words the idiots on both sides will do what they want and the h*ll with everyone else. I go out dressed in my skirts and do not care if the idiots on the right or the left like it or not. 99% of all of the people are not idiots just a vocal few and they get all of the press. I just smile and say howdy.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

...and you see, having met Fred personally, and spent a few days in town with him, I can tell you for a fact- you couldn't ask for a more friendly man to spend time with. We had a blast!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:...and you see, having met Fred personally, and spent a few days in town with him, I can tell you for a fact- you couldn't ask for a more friendly man to spend time with. We had a blast!
Oh yes we did the three of us had more fun in a coupla' of days than the law allows. :lol:

I hope you and Jenn can come down and we do a redo of the fun... Oh by the way remember the nuclear museum that was locked up, well it is now open for business. And maybe we can do the Canal boat ride on the canal. It was closed because the canal was drawn down to repair the Butt Memorial Bridge.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Not entirely related to skirts but out and about yesterday I received what I consider to be the most genuine of compliments.
A young guy of my acquaintance told me how good it was to see me again and how worried he had been because it had been so long.
Nought strange except he has severe learning and mobility difficulties. He is employed in a café that is run to provide employment for people with similar challenges.
The point is that he has no agenda, there was no guile behind his statement. It was simply an honest expression of interest in a fellow human being.
This is something that some "normal" folks would do well to learn from.
I have my aches and pains but that kid just makes me feel so humble.
Steve.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

I am now on a short round trip by train from Bratislava to Nové Zámky to Komárno to Komárom to Győr and back, wearing a black slightly below the knee skirt. I noticed some people staring, but nobody commented but an elderly train attendant lady, who (in Hungarian), pointed at my skirt and asked:
— Skot? (Are you Scottish?)
— Nem. (No, I’m not)
— Csak ez nem nadrág, hanem szoknya. (But it’s not trousers but a skirt.)
— Igen, de tetszik. (Yes, but I like it [this way].)

And then she said something really fast in which I recognised only one word, vallás, which meant religion. Apparently, she thought I was a priest :D
map.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Fred in Skirts wrote:And maybe we can do the Canal boat ride on the canal. It was closed because the canal was drawn down to repair the Butt Memorial Bridge.
I have had a few questions about the bridge or actually the name of the bridge.
So here are a few pictures of it so that you are no-longer wondering about it.

Archibald Willingham Butt Memorial Bridge - Augusta, Georgia
The bridge was dedicated on April 14, 1914 by President William Howard Taft in honor of his aide, Major Archibald Willingham Butt. Major Butt was born in Augusta on September 26, 1865. He was among the casualties aboard the steamship Titanic in 1912.
butt1.jpg
butt2.jpg
butt4.jpg
butt3.jpg
I hope this makes clear why the bridge is named for a Butt!!!! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sorry Fred.....Butt why ??????????????????
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned wrote:Anthony, I may get management's reaction when I get back to work on Saturday. There wasn't a Manager or Assistant Manager anywhere to be seen. I'm not really expecting anything as they can't really say anything as, as Moon would say, I was off the clock. Anyway the company has a Diversity policy which we have to read and sign to say that I've read it which does actually cover me if I did want to wear a skirt to work, which I don't, not practical for what I do. So I'm not expecting any missiles back about it.
I consider this to be a fair comment.....we my have our rights to wear a skirt.....
However we have to wear a skirt as a Man in a Skirt in a responsible manner.......
It is worth checking out the company policy before turning up for work in a skirt....A contract of employment is a minefield of regulations.

It has been said many times that a Man in a Skirt has to act in a Confident and Responsible Manner .......................................
.............if he wishes to achieve any credibility regarding his Man in Skirts Attire...........weeladdie
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

weeladdie18 wrote: I consider this to be a fair comment.....we my have our rights to wear a skirt.....
However we have to wear a skirt as a Man in a Skirt in a responsible manner.......
It is worth checking out the company policy before turning up for work in a skirt....A contract of employment is a minefield of regulations.
True. There were a few situations where I would not wear shorts and the same applies to skirts. Thankfully I don't feel I need to prove a point.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

STEVIE wrote:Not entirely related to skirts but out and about yesterday I received what I consider to be the most genuine of compliments.
A young guy of my acquaintance told me how good it was to see me again and how worried he had been because it had been so long.
Nought strange except he has severe learning and mobility difficulties. He is employed in a café that is run to provide employment for people with similar challenges.
The point is that he has no agenda, there was no guile behind his statement. It was simply an honest expression of interest in a fellow human being.
This is something that some "normal" folks would do well to learn from.
I have my aches and pains but that kid just makes me feel so humble.
Steve.
It is interesting to note that some folks treat a Man in a Skirt as a kind of local folk hero................
perhaps as he has the confidence to wear a skirt.....and dress in his own style.

You might be interested to learn that my recent collapse might be diagnosed as vertigo as I lost my sense of balance in the sensors in my ears
and fell over whilst I was seated at a table in a café...this could be caused by pressure in the sinus due to a winter bug.....

If you go snorkel diving , mountaineering or flying ....you may have had to Clear Your Ears....

One of my neighbours fell over at home ...Vertigo was the diagnosis......

How are you progressing Steve ? All the best ........Rod.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Continuing regarding my collapse in a café after sunday lunch....I was wearing the Scottish Traditional Kilt at the time ...
Perhaps this could have been the reason for my fall.....

Perhaps that was why the Manageress was kneeling at my feet when I came round....L.O.L.

The Ambulance Paramedic and a Hospital Nurse were both complimentary regarding my Kilted Attire.........
The nurse spoke of her happy days at Loch Lommond.....another day for a folk hero................

The whole thing is a perception how we are seen and how we provide our fellow man with an inspiration for their life.............
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

WL, if you had read any of my recent posts I'll repeat - company policy specifies black trousers or a black knee length skirt without specifying which sex it pertains to. I have talked to store managers and they have agreed that, in theory, I could wear a skirt and be within company standards. But we have some aged customers and it may present problems ( read they may complain and one older lady customer did complain recently ) and also climbing ladders, bending down to low shelves, reaching high shelves isn't a conducive environment for wearing a skirt. I have agreed not to and I am happy with that. Also some of the packaging can be quite dirty and dusty so trousers make more sense.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.