Losing cookie on mobile

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Losing cookie on mobile

Post by moonshadow »

The last week or so, I'm finding I'm having to re-log in several times a day on my phone ONLY, sometimes even with active tabs still running. My computer, old as it is and running Firefox seems unaffected.

The mobile app is the Duck-Duck-Go browser and it's having this issue. I'm wondering if it's my browser or a change made with the site?

I've checked my settings, it shouldn't be clearing history or cookies unless I tell it to.

Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Losing cookie on mobile

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:The mobile app is the Duck-Duck-Go browser and it's having this issue. I'm wondering if it's my browser or a change made with the site?
This is almost certainly a browser-side issue. I haven't done anything with the software on the server side in ages, so it wasn't a change made here. Might you perhaps have accidentally turned cookies off or installed a privacy-filter recently that's getting confused?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Using DuckDuckGo's browser?
Many popular sites can host as many as 70 trackers, following users around the web and compiling information about their site visits. Brave, by default, stops ads and trackers that violate users’ privacy. Users achieve an even higher level of privacy by opening a private tab, accessible from the browser File menu. These tabs are not logged in History or in browsing data, and are not counted in Brave Payments calculations. Both Brave private tabs and their cookies vanish when the browser is closed.
https://brave.com/brave-and-duckduckgo- ... n-the-web/

I'd try plain old Firefox with a few choice add-ins and a VPN (for use on unsecured WiFi).
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I have had problems recently with loosing posts to Skirt Café ...Windows 8.1 had a recent upgrade.....mine was debugged and reinstalled....

My new plan is to submit posts as a single paragraph.....then compose next Paragraph before sending as a second post
My spell check has improved its function.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Yesterday I lost an edit.....This then re-appeared unedited.....I blame windows 8.1

I use an Acer Laptop.....If anyone is using this equipment there is a non standard size socket for the charging adaptor....!!!!!!!

Took a week to obtain a replacement charging unit....should have been sent overnight on a white van.....

Goods can be flown from Scotland to Exeter in 1.5 hours and then lost in a second depot in Cornwall for four days...
Par for the course with a White Van Man.....There is a problem with notification of non delivery of goods re delivery instructions
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have a rather more ancient by the day Acer Aspire 5332. It works fine and I can type in quite long posts without any saving between starting and submitting. I'm going to have to replace it soon or replace the fan, increase memory. reinstall the OS, applications and databases. I may use it for backups if I do get a new one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.