Skirts and Ballet Flats for men on the Runway

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts and Ballet Flats for men on the Runway

Post by STEVIE »

Guys, it's a Fashion Show!
They are selling a concept not clothing for any practical purpose that we would consider.
The ballet flats are probably used to allow the models to walk the walk with the minimum rehearsals.
Heels would require practice=time=money, very bad for the profit/loss Gods.
Besides, the vast majority of women don't choose their clothing from the cat walk so why should we?
Steve.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

brennk wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I would agree with moon that #3 is a girl I don't think #1 is isn't there something about a pronounced adams apple is a male trait
If you look at the 2019 and past shows for this particular designer, the gender of the model is irrelevant.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fal ... ar/vaquera
I think the mixing of genders is part of the idea...and one we may do well to embrace...that gender needn’t be an impediment to style.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

I liked the second one, hopefully the zip moves and that's not the size of the slit at the sides or it could be a bit drafty!
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote:Number 3 is a girl.
That's something you often see when looking at he catwalk fashion show photo's for men's fashion. Vice versa hardly. Maybe the fashion shows for men should be referred to as genderless shows. It might make lower the threshold.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Gusto10 wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Number 3 is a girl.
That's something you often see when looking at he catwalk fashion show photo's for men's fashion. Vice versa hardly. Maybe the fashion shows for men should be referred to as genderless shows. It might make lower the threshold.[/quoI

I was looking at gender neutral clothing tonight and a lot of it looks downright disgusting. Many of the things I saw were very bland in style and color. I went away with the impression the designers were marketing more towards women wanting to look like men.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote:Many of the things I saw were very bland in style and color. I went away with the impression the designers were marketing more towards women wanting to look like men.
That's because many "movers and shakers" in the world are trying to eliminate femininity. Sometimes I suspect it's part of this "new world order" thing.

However I believe in balance. Everything in the universe in balance. Many women have already mastered the art of balance. They know and are not afraid to express both masculine and feminine sides if themselves. Some men are catching up, but there are still many influences that are trying to prevent men from expressing any femininity.

It's up to us individually to rebuke this. That way of thinking is part of the enslavement of the male mind. Its not natural and I don't think its spiritually fulfilling. But that's what "they" want, they want men to be mindless buffoons that will gladly eat their little sugar cube, then pick up their gun and go fight in the elites various wars, work in the mines, etc.

In their view, we're not supposed to be spiritually fullfilled.... our job is to work and then die.

I'll be damned if I let them do that to me!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.